Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning.

N.W.greenthumb

How's it goin everyone? I built an 8 foot by 12 foot outdoor grow shed that is located in a cool humid place that rarely gets above 75 degrees F. So far I have a 6 inch 465 cfm inline fan for exhaust, a 445 cfm dayton blower for intake with a H.E.P.A filter box connected. I have a 30 liter per day dehumidifier, a larger sized oil filled space heater, an air purifier, and 2 1000 watt halides, 1 600 watt halide and 1 400 watt halide. An air conditioner is coming soon. I'm gonna be growing large plants so the ceiling is 12 feet. I'm not a first time grower but growing in an outdoor grow shed (made for growing and nothin else) is new to me so any helpful tips and opinions would be much appreciated.

Its a work in progress so beneficial changes can be made, so suggest away!

Thanks everyone N.W.greenthumb

sounds like you have all the gear my friend think you just need to play round with the timers and get everything dialed in shades_smile.gif good luck and some pics would be great keep us postedshades_smile.gif happy growing

• 3 weeks later...

Its definatly gonna take some time to get dialed in. The last part of the equation is gonna be an air conditioner. I reread my post and I have a 600 watt high pressure sodium not halide, oops. I have the equipment for co2 but with the intake and exhaust as powerful as they are I don't think it will be a problem. Now that I have my electricals installed and have the insulation in place, I bought some 6mm thick plastic sheeting black on one side white on the other. Ive decided that dry wall would be too permanent (even though cheaper) if I want to put in different ducting or change the wiring. Its still a work in progress I'll try to get some pics posted soon though. I'm not in a huge hurry to cut any corner to get it finished, my ultimate goal is to control every aspect of the climate of the plants in order to grow big plants like I did before I moved here. Thanks for all the help dfwi and angus, if ya still have my e-mail address drop me a note, those pics were great and helped a ton in building this growroom!

Grow great and prosper! N.W.greenthumb

• 2 weeks later...