Please help me! My PH don´t stay at the level I want!

Jimmy

Someone know why my ph don´t stay on the level I want? I grow whit clay bolls! I tray to have a ph of 5,5 but the next day it up on 7,8!!! Can someone say to me what I do wrhong??!!

Peace Jimmy

Guest superbluehaze

what nutrients are you using, my friend ?

ph variations are can be caused by various bugs in your nutrient solution?

is your tank covered and protected from light?

take care,

john

Guest superbluehaze

good one Knuckle,

Tokage is not the only one that did not know that about expanded clay, i did not either.

keep them coming my friend,

and congratulations, you earnt that badge.

keep up the good work my friend,

john

Dwfi,

Fuzzy is right; do not just take the credit, let us all know how you solved this problem.

We are all surposed to be here to help each other, and not just to grandstand.

happy growing

john

I would first like to apologize that I did not write what dfwi told me! We talk about how I grow and what nutrition I had and I say that I use Franco's nutrition and a root stimulant from Canna! He then said that I should not mix different brands, for which the water can become unstable and pH goes up! So I clear the tanks of my water solution and added the new with only Franco's nutritional everything has gat me until today: (!, I think drunkknucklehead-right in this matter, but the only problem I have now is that I only can buy Clay balls in my local hydro shop! So now I wonder what can I do? Can I order over the internet some better medium or do I keep on to change pH every day I get home from work? Certainly there is no problem to do it but it seems like extra work! So now I ask anyone who knows where I can buy cheap medium for hydro which is stable!?

Peace Jimmy

Jimmy .... Same happened to me ... I took the hydroton out & replaced it with river rock & aquarium rocks that are totally neutral . Also considering using an airstone running 24/7 in the solution, will be a huge improvemment. Check out the pic.

DWC%20samples%20%281%29.JPG

DWC%20samples.JPG

DWC%20samples%20%283%29.JPG

DWC%20samples%20%284%29.JPG

Guest superbluehaze

Uing rhizotonic with Franco's nutrients(as they are inorganic) should not effect the ph.

I have used Rhizotonic and mixed it with other nurients with no problems

Rhizo does raise the ph but if if is lowered with ph down it does stay stable.

Since anguscr has had the same problem with clay balls, i think take his advice with this one.

I use a medium called flytocel, which is very good;

perlite is good too but a little dry unless you mix it with something a little wetter such as a good brand of Coco medium, but coco as a medium may not be suitable to use with Franco's nutrients.

I have used expanded clay and never had such a problem, but it obviously depends on how the balls are manufactured.

they should be inert and ph neutral, and therefore not effect ph;

but I am talking about expanded clay manufactured in Australia and that is probably the difference.

It is great to see you back Jimmy;

take care, my friend,

john

Guest dfwi

Great info Drunk heart.gif your work. Can i just add I have never had a problem with the CANNA bio clay balls even when i have topped pots up with a fresh bag...........Happy growing

I o that flooding,stopped it along time as it sends the hydroton moldy.

OXY pots are what you need with no fludding,us hydroton for holding the plant add odd watering from top,I nearly never water from top.