Grow room project!

Mr_B

Hi guys !

i decided to use an old useless closet to something more useful ;)

This is the little space i have to set up my grow room, i was thinking about led panels to grow my ladies there are tents that can fit this space ? the height is not a problem it can go up till 200 cm, can you guys suggest something so i can get some ideas ? i'll look myself meanwhile but your experience can be really valuable :) ( sorry for the unfitting img it's the first i ever posted so i'm not used with this upload system xD )

Mr.B

Attached files Room.jpg

Yeah i would put that 60x60 tent, or simply buy Mylar cheat and put it directly on your walls, so you'll use all available space ;)

For the light i have never used LED so i can't give you any advices, but if you choose HPS choice, a 250w should do a nice work in that place, a friend of mine had a 60x60 tent like that with a 250w hps, he would put 1 plant and harvest 160g per plant most of the time ;)

Have a great grow

yes for one plant it should be enough, of course with 2 meter high you can put a 400w too, for sure you will get the maximum light amount in that room, but then you will have heating problem to solve, even cooltubed in such a small place i think it will get a little warm, but hey nothing isimpossible just put a bigger extractor ;)

yeah impossible is really nothing in this case LOL , i think i'll need i little extractor and connect it to a thermostat so i cant check the temp an get the day/night cycle temp right, on the light side i was pointing on leds for the cheap power usage, since a big 250 w power usage can drawn suspects ( i'm too paranoid ? ) and get my electric bill to star .

i'll wait till someone can tell me more about leds and they're experience ;)

Thx Dust for you fast answers

Mr B

i'll ask him if i see him :) i'm realizing that indoor grow take a serius start investment, i'll start to make a list and other then a tent, an extractor and lights i need a ph and ec meters i think all this will end up around 500 € , i'm not afraid of spending that for a serius indoor setup :)

for now: tent + 250 w led panel = 240 € shipped

but i'm not sure on the led panel seems like it doesn't cover all the spectrum ( http://shop.sunshine-systems.com/product.sc?productId=10 )

what you guys think ? :)

Mr B

yes i'll search more about that panel, i fund out that the 60x60 cm tents gets only 160 cm high, using SCRoG this will be more then enought right ? or growing bushy indica plants ;)

i have some questions:

i saw that the air inside the tent need to be changed at least 20 time per hour so i'll need and extractor and a clean air entrance, since a 12 m3/h extractor doesn't exist i'll make my own ( i'm used to make a lot of tecnical calculation wikipedia will help me :) ) the question is : the plant needs air flow to get rid of steady air around the leafs so can i make it up using a little fan system inside the tent keeping the air flowing ?

since the closet i'm gonna put the tent in is into a small room with no windows i'll need to get some fresh air bye leaving the door open or it won't matter ?

now it's late i'll get on Co2 next time bye guys thx for everything

Mr B

just as i thought, so i need a carbon filter, i know that carbon filter are thik and needs a good pressure/flow to filter the air is it true ?

i'll make a draw or take some pictures of the place so you guys can see how it is and make more accurate suggestions and tips :)

Mr B

you can have a nice grow in there. The heat can be an issue if u use hps in such a small space. In case you decide to use that, i'd say 250 is far enough, but cooling is adviced. + you keep in your mind that hps can cause burnings if they get too close. About leds: They do not cover the whole spectrum that indicates growth and developement in the plant. If i were you, i would not spend on such expensive gadgets till they become upgraded, and cover the whole spectrum. I'd deffenately go for a 250 hps, and i'd add a CFL. maybe 200W. That would result about 500W uptake, and that is more or less equals to the uptake of a good PC. Noone would ever spot that on your bill! Happy growing

Oh, i almost forgot! Maybe you should also consider to buy mylar. It is usually sold in 1.4 m rolls. At the shop i usually visit, the price is about 1.3 euro/m/1.4m... To cover the whole area would cost you about 15 euro including the nails and wood for the frame! :D Maybe it takes some time to fit, but so as the tent. You should think about if you are planning to move in the close future. If not, build that closet in properly. Mylar reflects light better than most of the tents. And what you spare, you could spend on a nice reflector, and a couple of cfls! Happy growing!

Levente

that space is not really a closet, i'll post some pics as soon as i can, it's not closed space in prevision of a future lundry machine that probably will never come, so it can be really a problem making a frame and make a light proof place/tent, so i thing that a pre-made grow tent it's the best choice, about the led i read about the same issues too but they fixed the problem with different led setups with different wavelenght to cover the needed spectrum, led lights with this tecnology are quite expansive and they are produced only to match a 400 W HPS or more ( it's gonna be too much for my small space ? ) i'll make some calculations and see if it's wroth it.

About the ventilation i think is a must have right ? so i'll need a little extractor since the place volume is only 0.576 m3 and so a 15 m3/h extractor, does it exist?

Thank you guy!

Mr B

• 6 months later...