Advice for avoiding spittle bugs/beetles?

Flail

does anyone know what bugs i'm talking about

annoying suckers that look like they are drooling and foaming?

are they of any harm to our plants? if so anyway to pre caution against them?

thanks

MLF

Bugs and pests problems are more likely to be in the Infirmary section, outdoor or indoor.

Mods dont have to justify everything we do while moderating, and I didnt sayed it was wrongly posted, It just suits better the Infirmary section.

the way i deal with bugs is keep a bit of sticky fly trap papper in my g room and check every time i check my plants to see what pests i am dealing with if im still in veg i will treat it with prifry bombs, soap and wash everything if im close to flowering i would put a crap light in there like a 100w cfl blue or if im in flower 100w cfl red to slow the growth down on my plants and treat it once i know full well i have got rid of the bugs i will then go on to flower or continue to flower. spider mites are the worst pest to have. the reason to slow the grow down is although you may lose a few days you have a chance to do somthing about it and if it fails you still got plenty of time to do somthing about it. if you keep on say a 600w mh or hps your plant growth will not slow down it will keep up with the light cycle you are throwing.

another thing i some times do is increase co2 in my grow room by alot i dont have a co2 system at the moment but if i had bugs i dont mind gasseing those ........ and have pleasure doing so just remember to turn your fans off

there is so much you can do to remove bugs plant soap wash normally deals with it over 4 days

also keeping a few ladybugs or ladybirds depending were you are in your g room deals with the problem before it starts

• Like 2