Recirculating DWC

Hydroguy

Does anyone have expereince with recirculating deep water culture? I currently run a 20 site setup that combines water flow, dwc and a resevoire to keep the maintainance more managable. My water pump is a 1250 gph sump pump that runs water through a 1/4 hp water chiller to keep 69 degree water. The plant sites sit about 2 feet bove the pump/res so that gravity can take care of the water return. In each site is an air stone as well as in the res to keep maximum O2 in the water. The system runs 24/7 to stimulate the roots and keep the water and nutes fresh. I have to use H2O2 on a regular basis so that root rot doesn't take hold and destroy the plant.

If anyone has a better way to fight off root rot other than H2O2 I am open to all options? Any questions, comment or advise are welcome, please enjoy the pics!

post-12086-0-11764100-1336080063.jpg

post-12086-0-46988900-1336080105.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome setup man, i will be totally useless in all your hydro questions lol, unless you ask if you can put gasoline in your reservoir, then i will be able to tell you NO!! :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

But your setup looks very nice man, i hope you will find answers to your questions ;)

• Like 1

DKH,

Are you saying that the Tersano -Lotus -High Capacity Unit would help eliminate any root rot issues without H2O2 or use together with H2O2? If you have a web site that I could see the filter that would be sweet.

DKH,

I am definitely interested in that technology. I would like to get in touch with your US distributor if I can. I know a lot of growers that would also be interested. Do you have a unit that can handle 100 gallons or more?

What nutrients and fertilizers are you using?

IMO, and I'm using the GH waterfarm 8 pack for my mothers, so my roots stay in alot longer than an 8-11 week crop. I use Advanced Voodoo juice, Pirannha and Tarantula to keep my roots in check. They stay super white and clean without any problems but outgrowing my pails. I cut a third of roots off without any shock at all every couple of months. If your using H2o2 than your not going to be having any beneficial bacteria at all surviving when using that. I use a product called Blue Lightning the odd time to clean everything up if its looking slimey, then re apply my additives. Same should apply when using h2o2.

P.S. Trim your bottoms, don't be afraid....