lax lighting schedule

jimbobmarley86

hey guys, a friend has been pretty lazy with their lights and not used a timer! he feels very silly. He thought it would be ok to be loose about whilst they were in veg and only made sure that the lights were on for more than 14 hrs per day. but no strict timing schedule.

One of the plants is now showing some hairs at the tip of the apical meristem and she is still only small. perhaps 3 or 4 internodes, this plant is also smaller than the others. She is Afghan Kush Ryder.

what do we think? is my friends crop is going to grow pollen sacs and go hermy on him?

The set up is a 1m x 1m x 1.6m tent vegging under a small 250 w enviro.. flower under a sodium 600. Only 4 plants in soil form seed... and some chillies and tomatoes

Thanks for any help, my friend will really appreciate it ;D

ryders are always shorter and flower faster, I don't use a Timer either and make sure they get their rest and their light in the right measure. I don't trust Timers, I may be half an hour too late or too early but I add the time I skipped and so far the plants do okay, just one seems to have a problem with the photoperiod, but I am not in a hurry anyway...she will flower in due time !

Well of course having a timer is the best, don't go Cheap when you will buy one, take a good "expensive" one if you don't want it to stay glued too often ( i experienced it lol ^^ )

I don't think she will become hermie because she started flowering earlier ;)

As bam said the ryders are small and quick plants, so i guess it is normal as they had something more close to the 12h than to the 18h (14h you said) He should have given a little more.

Anyway don't think it will cause him real problems if he stays regular on the light tiiming.

Good luck man

You are right but as you said I had a Timer going and for whatever reasons it switched off the lights and I lost half a day or so of light. I bet that stresses plants more than starting once at 15.55 another time 6.20 and stop at 18.000 or 19.00 in flower - I just don't understand how that thing-y works - 3 circles and a lot of voodoo going on, so I Can't Truss It.. PE

LOL

BTW I like to give them some extra time (45 minutes up to 75 minutes) esp. when I watered them around regular closing time - is that bad ?

• Like 1

i don't know how minor time change like that act on plant, on outdoor conditions days are never the same and the plants doesn't hermie everytime there is a black cloud day with no sun ^^

So i guess 45 minute doesn't really stress the plant, but it's just guessing ^^

And yeah for the voodoo part lol i agree, but only thing i noticed is that cheap timer don't stand the big wattage passing when the ballast turns on, and that's what make them "glue" For sure, old time Timers with the circles and clips to pull down are way more fragile to those big wattage, unless you have a very good one, all mine have glued.

Since i bought a digital timer i don't have anymore problems :D no glued timer yet and it's been around for almost 2 year now ;)

It is one that look like this don't know if it's exactly the same but same brand.

179_brennenstuhlM.jpg

http://www.g-tools.nl/eng/webshop.php?product_id=179&PHPSESSID=c7260f968fda215680043768b3e46c55

Will buy one as well..

so mich things I need/want - for my far increased grow era holding 5 big plants now and up to 8 next I need another light/reflektor - The UK CFL 300 watt (actually only uses 85 watts/hour) looks lovely - Odor Control and last but not least a fucking tent for the big final smellers, I will never manage to keep my grow space odor + light leak free . plus I want those nice in and outlets.

Have it up to here to fight 30 to 90 minutes every morning before the grow board is decently camouflaged.. One nice aspect is that when I play music via the 2 big speakers in fromt the huge 2.50 by 1,20 by 2,00 meter contruction acts like a giant bass boom box .

Listened to Jamming or The Chronic by DRE and couldn't believe how powerful that sound was - even phatter than the Ãœber HiFi with a Musical Fidelity amp + 2 (!) 125 watt 10" downfiring sub-woofers by MJ Acoustic PRO) in the living room...

lolol nice home made subwoofer nice ^^

My plant takes vibes too lol i have 1200w RMS 1m away in front of my tent, believe they vibrate too lolol ;)

But yeah a tent is a must have for the light leak and cleaning of the room, it is a lot easier to keep a clean space in a tent the way i see it ^^

Good luck man i hope the timer won't fail with you ;)

Everything in the grow era works fine - problem is you just cannot seal it or there is no electricity no fan ventilation etc and once you start covering up leakage it is a never ending story but hopefully on thursday I got some professional help and turn that loose construction into something more solid . About time - still will buy a tent for the final bloom + harvest purposes etc.

Thinking about that Ozone generator, but not sure if that really works as advertised - a brandnew technique it seems..

The plants will stand some nice tunes I bet !