kidd420

coco

8 posts in this topic

i been having problems with my soil ph right out of the bag i been thinking of

tring coco or a hydro medium i will use advanced nutrients ph perfect

so what would be the best meduim to use with advance ph perfect? they say it stays

around 5.8 ph. if anybody can suggest a medium or any kind of mix to grow in

for a consistent ph of 5.8 and what would the the watering cycle be like feed every

other watering? should i save the runnoff to refeed? i would be watering by hand

and how often do i need to water a hydro medium? and how often to flush

a hydro medium? all suggestions or links welcome please help im realy thinking of

changing by next transplant and will that be ok to transplant a plant in dirt to

a hydro soil? thanks :)

1 person likes this

thanks tokage sorry i didnt post it in the right section

Bro! I suggest to mix the coco with lots of perlite (if possible use both regular and expanded). Like 50-50. They both ph neutral, so u gotta push it down from 7. Peatmoss is very much like coco, but ph 3.5-4, so around 10% in addition will fix your problem. I suggest u to mix the perlite with the peatmoss, to make it spread easier and more evenly, and u may also better chop it a bit before doing so.

Good luck!! ( try to soak the coco straight in PH and EC adjusted water )

Peace

1 person likes this

yeah like levente said i think the perlite will be nice to mix with, if you put a very little bit of soil in it too, it shouldn't get the ph too high i guess, bu those are just guessing ^^

Good luck man hope you'll find a solution ;)

1 person likes this

Also from experience Coco needs to be buffered with calmag solution otherwise you will get deficiencies.I recommend 50/50 perlite/vermiculite as 60% and then Coco 40% its almost hydro. :cool:

Sorry if this thread is old. I hand water mine every two to 3 days - I use the bio bizz organic nutes and the coco breakdown above - super dense nuggets :)