Light and Soil Type

Clgladiator

Hi, this is my first post and probably a bit of a rookie question. In an outdoor grow how much light is desireable? Do the plants need to be getting direct sunlight is a certain amount of shading by trees ok? Also what kind of soil type is best, the spot ive found is aluvial deposits, I thought this would be good as it probably has a high level of nutrients, but it is relatively sandy. My grow would be in the UK so I wont be planting till April / May time but dont want to put effort into preparing a site that isnt worth the effort.

hey man, well i'm not a outdoor expert, but i'll start to answer a few questions with what i know, and the pros will correct me ^^

I think for regular strains the average amount of direct sun needed is 6-7 hours, then shading trees with sun passing through should be enough for the rest of the day, but i'm not really sure 100% of those values and it will depends on the strain mainly i guess ^^

Also the best is too prepare your soil before the season, like at beginning of winter, you dig your holes, put some perlites wormcast or a soil bought in shop mixed with the original soil, but as it is sandy and you say it is probably rich in nute, perhaps you don't have to mix anything in it, just dig your holes to aerate the soil and let them sit for the winter ;)

Good luck man, if you look a little around the forum you'll find lots of subject

How much ? as much as possible of course! Nah i think about 5 hours of direct midday sun is the minimum, anything less and the yields wont be worth the effort.

In regards to soil if you go to your spot at the end of the autumn after a good drizzle and dig your holes then, fill em with compost/ soil / seawed / horse shit etc and let it breakdown over winter then in Arpil go back and turn it all over.

Then your good to go

• Like 1