the church and white rhino in the 7th week of flowering

Guest guest

Guest superbluehaze

Thank you Fuzzy.

I hope they turn into a beautiful forest, like yours.

all the best, my friend,

and happy harvests,

john

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest superbluehaze

Hi my friend,

I do the same, and once they are dry put thm into air tight glass bottles. I read the link above which Fuzzy has given you, and followed Franco ' s directions as close as I can.

The longer you cure it, the better it gets, but you can smoke it after about 3 to 5 days of drying.

Actually, I got impatient, and took some small buds from the bottom of the plant in week 7, and 8.

It is a god practice so you get some idea when it is best to harvest, but I do not take too much.

happy harvest and enjoy,

john

Guest superbluehaze

I will help as much as I can, my friend

You now the size of my bedroom, well I built a wooden frame,(sorry my friend but I knw feet and inches better than metric) about 8 feet tall, by 5 feet wide and around 9 feet long;

I then covered that frame in silver insulation - not completely(due to heat biuld up) the top is not covered , nor the bottom 2 feet, this allows the heat to dissipate into the room.

it is winter here and I am having trouble keeping my plants warm;

I sleep in the same room as them(my light cycle is on during the night, the coldest part of the day, for warmth).

It is not too bright as the insulation stops most of the light, but sleeping and spending most of my time in here allows me and the plants to stay warm, without putting on an electric heater(more power).

I am the co2 generator, and I have very few exhaust cycles, so that the plants keep warm.

It helps if you can live with your plants, as they breath out oxygen, when the lights are on and take in co2, we do the opposite, and it works very well, take my word for it.

happy growing, my friend

john

Guest superbluehaze

thank you too Fuzzy;

this forum would not be the same, no way, with out your input.

Thank you too, my friend;

happy harvest, it must be soon

john

My haze 1 has now been in veg for 9 weeks now.

About 14 days ago, I transplanted her into a 52 liter pot.

I started her in a mixture of perlite and coco(50/50). Once she was root bound, I then transplanted her into the large pot using fytocell as my medium. I have 2 air stones in the pot, which are connect to an air pump.

I use a based nutrient which I suppliment with organics, and I use benificial bacteria. Here she is before I started to train her

:hazebfore.jpg

hazebfore1.jpg

hazebfore2.jpg

I have only nipped her once; She was not getting a lot of light in the first 5 to 6 weeks.

I moved her between my flowering room and a small fluro,

just to maintain daylength, though I did have her under 24 hour light. Here she is over 50 cm tall and just as wide;

In the next picture. I have started to train her so that she will spread out and not put her growth into height:

hazeafter.jpg

haze_1.jpg

haze2_0.jpg

haze2a_1.jpg

picresized_1281262856_41a3f61d416a9f997f

picresized_1281263051_22dabb6f22054a3d4b

rsz_p8020426.jpg

Here I have spread out the two main growing branches, so that the laterials will grow vertically, and the plants growth energy will be spread out rather than up:

hazeafter1.jpg

hazeafter2.jpg

and the next photo see how I have bent th main branches so that they are almost horizontal:

hazeafter3a.jpg

hazeafter3b.jpg

hazeafter3b_0.jpg

here you can see how the laterials are becoming vertical stems, and will in the future fill out to be terminal buds:

hazeafter3c.jpg

hazeafter3d.jpg

hazeafter3d_0.jpg

hazeafter3e.jpg

and her she is spread out:

hazeafter2_0.jpg

I manage to reduce her height from 52 cm to 40cm, but she has spread out and now is 54 cm wide.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Thanks and i am pleased you all like her.

I train my plants by hand,; I sculpture them but work with them;

I am in unknown territory - this haze is the first haze sativa, I have ever grown. Normally they are put into flower long before 9 weeks, so that they do not get to tall. I am training her to spread out rather than grow tall. She is now 54cm wide and 40 cm tall. Here is a picture taken today:

haze2b.jpg

and another:

haze2a_2.jpg

we will see, I am turning the lights down in 3 days;

happy growing and thanks to you all;

john

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 strains at the moment: Arijan's haze 1, the church and white rhino.

The church and white rhino are clones that I veged for 8 weeks;; the haze 1 is grown from seed, and is in its second week of flowering after being veged for 10 weeks.

Normally a pure sativa is only veged for a few weeks at most, but i am brealing that rule and frantically bending the branches. Only time will tell if I have taken on more that i am able to handle, but i love unruly women, so will see if I have met my match or not. Some pictures:

haze1.jpg

this is the haze one and another of her;

haze2_1.jpg

the umberella is for scale. She is so bloody beautiful, i just love her:

haze3.jpg

and now some of the church and white rhino :

together_0.jpg

church%20and%20whiterhino.jpg

this is the church and white rhino:

the%20church.jpg

above is the church; now the white rhino:

white%20rhino%20%282%29.jpg

and again:

white%20rhino.jpg

happy gowing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Thank you Romeu,

I did check out your plants, and they are very healthy. The reason the other two are growing so slowly is because they need more light. The sun lacks intensity as the autumn and winter come around. You would do wonders with say a 150watt CFl, and the light is easy to hide especially during the day; Think abouit it, and if you need some advice let me know, my friend;

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

hi Tokage,

I have always wanted to grow a sativa; the closest I have come is skunk 1.

I finally decided to see if I could veg the plant for a long peroid of time( it was actually in veg 9 weeks, and not 10 as I made a mistake. it broke the soil on the 9th of June) and is in its second week of flowering.

I am a little worried but we will see how it goes.

all the best and happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

hi chief,

I would love to see those videos of Soma, can you give me the link.

he is a very interesting man and a great breeder.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

welcome to the forum, manustao,

in each 52 liter pot, I put a layer of clay pebbles for drainage, and the I bend a flexible air stone into a horse shoe shape, and place it on top of the pebbles, and then fill the pot with medium;

The tubing comes out the drainage holes and is connected to an air pump.

The tubes are easily pulled out, so I tape them very thoughly around the pot.

The roots can not get too much air, and it does help to keep the plant thriving.

I am doing an experiment with 2 plants,

they are in smaller pots(10 liters) and do not have an air hose.

I wanted to see what difference it made, and already it is very noticable;

the plants in the smaller pots without the air hose are about half the size of those that are in a larger pot with the air hose.

Everything else is the same.

I will post on it soon;

welcome to the forum and happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

thank you, Sam,

I love your autos, and you are doing all the right things to have leaves such a beautiful shade of green.

great stuff, my friend;

happy harvest,

john