Hash Plant, Buble gum, Afgan, clone grow journal

dHetep

Guest superbluehaze

hi my friend,

That is not a nitrogen over dose or deficiency.

It is your watering cycle, the roots are too wet for too long.

the tall plants I will bet my balls on are bubblegum;

happy growing,

john

Plants are doing well on the twice a day cycle. The larger plants it seems will need to be watered 3 time a day. Thanks for all your help John.

Onaside note:I found a male mixed in wit the ladies today. It must be an unsexed seedling that got mixed with the clones. "ah the importance of labeling" . I think I'm going to keep him I'm all ways such a punk when it comes time to remmove a plant. I belive it's a bubble gumm. pics below
2010-09-16%2023.58.36.jpg
2010-09-16%2023.58.14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

here is an 12/12 update All of the plants are flowering, I discovered another male in the mix the only difference this time there were male organs and female flowers. I removed this plant just in case. It appears if you take cuttings from a plant that has been overly streesed the cuttings may become male or herm. Both cuttings were taken from a plant that had water and heat stress. only two of the cutting displayed sexxual confusion, one herm and one male. Another stressor may have been over watering the cuttings.

I thought correcting a problem after it appears before flowring would result in a healthy plant after the fact. I now know that any problem in the begining stages will manifest it's self later in the form of sexual confusion, reduced potency and/or reduced yield. I have found the major def or mistakes to avoid are, over watering, heat, light distance and to much nitrogen in the veg stage. The nitrogen challenge can be resolved by not adding nitrogen for the first two weeks of 12/12 unless the plants tells you other wise. With cuttings; no nuts or water should be given during the first week. If you are useing rock wool and a dome saturate rockwool before placing the cuttting, DO NOT water until rock wool feels near dry. Which is about 1.5 weeks. By this time roots are sprouting.

2010-09-24%2018.24.14.jpg

2010-09-24%2018.24.32.jpg

in just a little over a week the male plant started to release pollen (a week from the first showing of pods)

2010-09-24%2018.29.08.jpg

here is a pic of the cutting for the perpetual harvest

2010-09-24%2018.26.07.jpg

John I will post pics of the individual plants soon. Thanks for your help with Identifing the plants

Here were are 5th week of Flowering Please have a look not sure if the buds are as big as they should be after viewing other post pics.

Hash Plant 5th week

bubblrgum_5th%20week.jpg

Afgan 5th week

afganbud-5thwk.jpg

Bubble Gum 5th week

bubble-gum-5th_week.jpg

Group shot of the taller Bubble Gum and Hash Plant

group5thwk.jpg

Afgan group shot

afgan%203plants%205thwk.jpg

Guest superbluehaze

looking great, my friend.

Now is the time to give them extra potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.

Lower your watering cycle if possible, as the roots need heaps of oxygen to absorb these nutrients.

It is going to be a happy harvest.

Well done, mate!

john

week 7 evrerything is slow but steady bubble gum is getting good and frosty time to break out the loop.

bubble%20gum%207th%20week.JPG

bubblegum%207th%20week.JPG

The afgan The tallest one is 27 inchest and about a 18 inches wide I trimed all the under branches as they were recieving little to no light each plant has 2 to four main colas. They smell spicy like pepper.

Afganh%207%20weeks.JPG

afgan_%207thwk.JPG

On a side note I think I'm ready to try some a grade strains I just received the GHSC White Rhino and Cali Connection Kem Valley Kush.

• 2 weeks later...

on the final lap just waiting for the sun to set on the crystals.

bubble gum
bubble%20gum%208thwk.jpg

afgan 8th week
afgan8th%20wk.jpg

With regard to the perpetual harvest I had to get rid of some of the clones they just out grew the space. They really took off it's a little jungle. There still in 2 inch cups.
clones.jpg

her we are buble gum harvest is low wieght. 5 plants 8 main colas with an average wet wieght of 25grm for a total wet wieght of 200 grms subtract 75% water I should be looking at 50 grms dry. I atribute the low wieght to the following errors in order of importance.

1) incorrect PH

2) Incorrect EC

3) Started flushing to soon

4) light intensity

5) Low humidity

6) High temp

I used the bubble gum Male to fertilize one of the plants so I will have some seed stock for the bubble gum.

Here is my little harvest box.

bubble%20harvest.jpg

buble%20harvest1.jpg

on a side note I have a problem with patience so there wern't any side branches be cause I have been smoking them for the last two weeks. The high is slow to set in and mild when it does. good for day time. Is this typical for this strain. this will be my third harvest this year the plants just harvested are 3rd generation clones i.e. clones of clones.

Questions

1) Is this high suposed to be mild, clear and last about 1 to 2 hours?

2) Does cloning clones reduce potency?

Guest superbluehaze

Congratulations; well done;the bubblegum looks real tasty, in fact they all do.great stuff, good on you mate!happy harvest,john

Guest superbluehaze

I have never smoked bubblegum, so I can not tell you much about that.

The clones;

the most important thing about clones is to reduce stress to an absolute minumin.

It is the most traumatic thing that can happen to a plant - to be cut from the mother plant, and be forced to have to grow roots to live.

If clones are taken correctly, then potency is not affected,

Yield, however, is.

Clones never yield as well as the mother plant grown from seed.

Why stress has to be kept to a minimum for is to prevent genetic drift;

genetic drift can affect every aspect of the plants growth: yield, vigor, size, potency etc.

Cleanness is very important too, because if the clone gets a virus or some other nasty, then potency is effected,

and it will only get worse if you clone from that mother again.

You are starting from seed again, which is good.

Yield is directly related to light intensity.

I hope I have helped;

happy growing,

john

• 1 month later...

greeting all i've been gone for awhile here is the final report to close this journal out

final yield

2 oz bubble gum reviews were bad (mistakes during growing and third generation clones from clones)

1.5 oz hash plant ok reviews

1.5 oz afgan good reviews

Notes

with the flood and drain it's important to know how long it takes for the container to drain. i.e if 15min to fill and 10 to drain roots are submerged 25min so flodding three times a day was too much.

keep a mother plant instead of perpetualy cloning plants before flower.

i have since trashed all the clones that were grown in this journal and started again from seed

here is a look at the current grow using HPS for right now will remove and place in the new flower room with the new 600 wt HPS.

bglseeds.jpg