Experiment

Croc

So here is my little on going experiment I am having... 

I wanted to see how much stress one could put on a plants before she decided it's enough...

conditions:

poor soil

poor lighting exposure

no fertiliser

The seed was planted mid July and the growth hasn't been excellent but she keep going so far, after bending, topping, re bending and broke on side... re bending... fimming... it is almost the end of rainy season here now but along the fact that growing conditions are not optimal, we have good rain on a daily basis... Rain and clay means saturation and not good O2 exchange either for the roots system.

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

my aim here here is to keep it below 50 cm in height... now sativas are growing tall normally. 

Lets see.

one thing every one should always keep it in mind, it's a weed and it will grow! ?

Croc.

• Like 2

I physically abuse/train my ladies a lot too.

Cannabis is amazingly resilient, but it is also possible to kill it.

But this experimental specimen seems able to withstand the harsh conditions.  You indicated Sativa, do you know which Strain she is?

Thanks for sharing, Croc.  Aside from this one specimen, do you have some others growing under optimum conditions?

Good Luck and have fun.  I'll be watching.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy, well I have few seeds under germination at the moment, my location is not ideal to grow in optimum condition at the moment unfortunately... As for the strain, I have no idea as in this part of the world it's called weed and that's all what it is to know lol.

The cannabis culture as we know it didn't reach these latitude yet ?

This is the structure of the plant so far... in red the root mass, in yellow the stem that was below the initial bend, the green is the shape of the stem.

IMG_3180.JPG

hope it makes sense... 

Anyway, obviously cannabis can be trained very hardly and see that many times on YouTube... Training your plant slow the growth but ultimately provides you a lot more tops then conventional " missionary "growing techniques... if I can call it that way as opposed to Kama sutra style planting.

I'all probably make an update in a week time, till ten keep smillingsmiling 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your experiment man, well the cannabis is a weed and it very resistant, even when it breaks as long as there is a bit of fiber connected you can save her when done properly, i have even seen some people growing it under water with the root ball in the air and all the green part in aquatic, funny sight ^^

Have a good experimenting man, be careful because when it will become older and the stem browner and harder it will probably snap at some point.

Grtz

For those who grow already for several years, we know this... this tread was mainly for all of you guys who are so stressed by growing this weed, am I doing right? Is this ok is that ok... well yes guys no matter what it is, it's ok. Worst case scenario is less yield and that's all...

Thanks Dust, well yes of course a soon as I have stocks I need to move on with fresh growth otherwise as you said, it will break off...

Anyway just excited to be by the end of the week from last picture update for a new update... ?

• Like 2

Well I know last update was only 5 days ago but I just need to post lol...IMG_3310.JPG

She is indeed a good girl, at this stage I am hoping for a girl but no sign of sexing yet, we will enter the dry season soon so that might just be the signal... Notmally harvest should be around December...

IMG_3306.JPG

not sure which direction is taking as there is few crippled leaves from fimming in the way... giving another week and it should clear up with some growth.

IMG_3314.JPG

Anyway this time in a real week time from now I should be able to post for both this tread and my other tread of "Unknown strains" hopefully these babies pops out by then...

till next... ? 

• Like 1

We are still receiving heavy showers on a daily basis... it's the end of rainy season. Checking on the experiment and I can tell you she or he needs to rest now for a while, I place it under a lot of stress for the first 2 months of it's life... I will leave it to grow for a while, I will of course update on the progress but I will let it be for a month maybe then I will bend her again.

So little update to show you that even if there is no big progress in terms of size, the preparation of multiple tips is in the making ....

IMG_3426.JPG

and these will show pretty soon when they'll shoot up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well tonight I am sorry to announce that the experiment is over as she or he decided all of a sudden to say Ok bye!

Yesterday everything was still Honky Dory, slow growth but I had 3 small tops on the go. And by the end of the day... gone. 

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

so I pulled it off straight away just to discover the ridiculous roots that I had... remember my soil here is mainly clayish ...

IMG_4169.JPG

How did she survived so far on that for a start!? Then I am wondering where are all my big leaves!? 

No clue what happened here.

sorry to read this man, it could be anything form rabbit to dear or dog, cat, animals in general love eating plants, even a damn grasshoper could eat those leaves if its fast enough :rabbi::rabbi:

But well next time more trying and experiment.

Absolutely! More to come... well as for the ones you mentioned, it is an enclosed garden so aside from my own dog nothing such as rabbit nor deer... a scorpion, a snake, a lézard eventually. 

Anyway as we say Shit happen... moving on. Lol