White Rhino bonsie and the Church - an up date, WITH PICTURES THIS TIME..

Guest guest

Guest samuelo
will soon be time for these to go into flowering SBH - Well done so far - looking amazing

Guest superbluehaze

Thanks Fuzzy for having a look at the plants. Actually I made a mistake, the Church plant is not 30 days old but just a few days over 7 weeks old. It is amazing how the genotypes have developed, and my favorite plant now is one I thought in the beginning would not be that great. It is the Church plant that is 500 cm; it has developed beautifully into a real Christmas tree shape.

all the best mate,

and happy growing

Guest superbluehaze

Thank you The Chief for having a look. The lights go down in a day or two, and in a couple of weeks, they should liik at lot better.

happy havests

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

Hi Jay,

it will be a really interesting experiment, also try putting under a fluro with 24 hours of light as well.I do not think it would need to be a powerful light, but just on continuously. Please let us know how it goes. Good luck

happy regenerating

Guest superbluehaze

It is a shame to cut a plant when it has a developed root system and is older, as although potency is genetically determined, an older plant will have a better chance of reaching its full genetic potential. In my experience I have found that older plants are more potent. I will be regenerating the white rhino; the main stem is around half an inch in diameter, and getting thicker. I will post pictures and step by step instructions as I do it, as it will be a good post, and it does seem a shame to cut a plant when it still as so much potential to yield enormously. The thing is, though, if you are a commercial grower then it does take mre time, but I am not a commercial grower so time between harvests does not bother me too much

happy growing

Nice article onhow to regenerated and how to second crop a plant, I will used it shortly on a God Bud I have on the third week of flowering, do not have any more seeds & the strain worths the shot, i'll let u know how it goes.

Again very good & usefull!

Best regard's

Guest superbluehaze

good luck with the regeneration. The main thing is to there some small buds and plenty of leaf and give the plant a few weeks to change over.

good luck with it, and if you need some help, please let me know.

happy harvests.

Guest superbluehaze

rhino3.jpgrsz_p5160011.jpgthe%20church.jpgthe%20church2.jpgthe%20church2.jpgwhite%20rhino1.jpgwhite%20rhino2.jpg

rsz_p5160011.jpg

Here are some pictures of my church and white rhino plants in their second week of flowering:

happy harvests

• Like 1

man I'm loving your pictures I have a few questions for you though. What type of medium are you using to grow your plants in, what's the size of the pots they are in, and how tall did your white rhino get?

Guest superbluehaze

hi varneje,

The plants are in 52 litre pots(around 13 gallons). The white rhino I nipped 3 times and then trained to spread out. It is around 3 feet wide and about the same in height. The medium is covered in detail above.

Happy harvests, my friend.

I appreciate that Superblue, in one of your pictures it looks like you have air pumps running into your pots if you do can you explain why you did that I've been growing in an Ebb and Flow system and also a Drip system and I wanna try my hand at either soil or grodan grow cubes in like 15 gallon pots.

Guest superbluehaze

Hi mate,

You are right, I have a air stone in each pot connected to an air pump. I do this because you can not have too much air around the root zone. The plants need oxygen to absorbed nutrients, and the extra air keeps the roots healthy and free from disease. I also use beneficial bugs. Rock wool flakes are similar to the medium I use; 15 gallon pots are certainly large enough for the roots to have plenty of room. Do you want to grow large plants. Have a look at my white rhino's main stem in my post white rhino with pictures this time. The more recent pictures are at the end of the post happy growing,

I wanna grow bushes like your white rhino I love the stem on it, now when you say you trained the branches were you using the LST method, and how long did you veg them. I'm also glad I seen your forum I will be using air stones in my pots. I watched the videos on GHC site and fell in love with their bushy indicas, then I seen yours and I had to ask what you were doing.

Guest guest

Here are my plants in the third week of flowering, these are a white rhino and the Church:white%20rhino%20bud.jpgwhite%20rhino%20bud2.jpgmainstem%20white%20rhino.jpgroots%20white%20rhino.jpgwhite%20rhino%20streached%202.jpgthe%20church%203.jpgthe%20church2.jpg

happy growing

Guest superbluehaze

The above white rhino is 3 feet wide, and the church plant is around 2 feet wide. The church I veged for 6 weeks and both plants are in 52 litre containers. I have pu a pencil for scale and a Ph meter again for scale.

happy harvests

Guest samuelo
Hey SBH - They look pure class!! You are lucky to be able to give your girls so much room to spread out - you are amazing grower :star:

Guest superbluehaze

hi vanejo,

i veg my plants normally for at least 8 weeks, but the white rhino is older than that, as we had extreme heat here and I had to bring it back from a bad case of root rot. Use a silica fertilizer; the plants love it.

I nip my plants either 2 or 3 times and then I bend the branches carefully by hand. It is time consuming as you have to keep doing it a number of times each day. In my new post the white rhino is being spread out now. After a week or so the branches stay in the position you want them too. Also, prune the lower branches so all the growth goes into the top of the plant; these branches receive little light and only drain the plants energy.

happy growing

Guest superbluehaze

thank you samuelo; I am still learning though. Your grows are amazing too.

happy harvest, mate.

john

Guest guest

white%20rhino%203.jpgAbovewhite%20rhino%201.jpg is some pictures of my church plant and white rhino in their 4th week of flowering. I have put sunglasses on the plants for scale, first the white rhino, if you look closely there are sunglasses for scale amonst the leaves.white%20rhino%202.jpg

and now the Church:

the%20church%201.jpgthe%20church%202.jpg

I grow hydro in 52 litre(13 gallon) pots, and hand water. These plants are just in their 4 th week of flowering, and are much larger than the pictures show.

happy growing