white widdow auto outdoor - having some problems

Octopus

hey guys - my plant going on well and i just gave him pk-13-14 for the first time so he will start flowering ( i dont want it to get any bigger ) ive seen a lil preflower and i gave it just a lil amount

and some mean creature been eating my plant - how do i keep this from happening? im growing in the last floor not on the ground - plus a leaf fell and i felt really bad about it

plus the lower ones started to yellow -

thank you guys for the help!

second question is how many grams do you think this plant will give out?

IMG_20170406_094303.jpg

IMG_20170406_212324.jpg

IMG_20170406_212331.jpg

IMG_20170406_212339.jpg

IMG_20170406_212359.jpg

17 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

That looks like damage from some kind of caterpiller or slugs.

That looks like a tiny egg of some other creature on the underside of that leaf.

Spray with Neem Oil solution to deter those pests.  Both sides of leaves.

my father thinks its birds is there any way of keeping them at bay

You need to cut of those bottom leafs and branches and add more soil, cus they wont yield much anyway but can cause the entire plant to grow moldy. Top buds will compensate the loss. And spray those bugs, if you dont have Neem oil, boil chilly peppers and use the liquid, garlic water, make ness cafe 1g/l. It could give 100 grams maybe more. 

9 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

You need to cut of those bottom leafs and branches and add more soil, cus they wont yield much anyway but can cause the entire plant to grow moldy. Top buds will compensate the loss. And spray those bugs, if you dont have Neem oil, boil chilly peppers and use the liquid, garlic water, make ness cafe 1g/l. It could give 100 grams maybe more. 

its autoflower so i understood that its not advised to touch it because it will stress out ! and now it began flowering i want it to do it fast and good!

why would i need more soil? the roots wont go up right?

and i dont think its bugs i think its birds! what can i do against them

On 13.4.2017 at 0:00 PM, superblue said:

hi mate,

the guy that said to prune the bottom of your plant is right. Watch the greenhouse videos. It gives better air circulation around the bottom of the plant, and helps to prevent insects crawling up the plant. The main reason I do it is as the guy said these buds get little light, and by pruning them, all the growth goes to top, where there is more intense light.    opps, I am an indoor grower, that does not apply to you as you grow outside, but I think it is still a good idea.

Here people put a netting over their plants to prevent fruit bats and other birds from getting to their fruit.  

your plant looks very happy; yield depends a lot on strain. most autos yield between 60 grams and up.

all the best,

john

On 10.4.2017 at 4:53 AM, LeoGetz said:

Mesh fence cage, dense  enough to hold sparrows off.

i dont think ill get a cage or a net because since then there is no problems!

it began flowering and it starting to look good! i give it fretlizer every watering but i cut it a bit

i put inside 1.5l fret for 1l because its autoflowering but i have no idea what week to give and which amount !

ill upload the chart and pictures so you could tell me please?

Never before heard of birds attacking cannabis, but I guess it's not impossible. 

Sparrows?  Unlikely, except if they wanted to eat the seeds, but your plants arent so far along yet.

Now ducks or geese or chickens, that's a different matter.  I imagine those birds could easily make short work of a cannabis plant.

By the way, an autoflower is not disturbed by removing lower leaves.  In fact, the removal of lower leaves and shaded, unproductive lower branches excites the plant to increase growth and production in the upper regions.

What autoflower plants don't like is the topping of the growth tips. 

Because the autoflower plant has a limited lifespan, it has relatively little time to recover from a topping session to produce the new mature and productive colas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannabissapean said:

Never before heard of birds attacking cannabis, but I guess it's not impossible. 

Sparrows?  Unlikely, except if they wanted to eat the seeds, but your plants arent so far along yet.

Now ducks or geese or chickens, that's a different matter.  I imagine those birds could easily make short work of a cannabis plant.

By the way, an autoflower is not disturbed by removing lower leaves.  In fact, the removal of lower leaves and shaded, unproductive lower branches excites the plant to increase growth and production in the upper regions.

Because the autoflower plant has a limited lifespan, it has relatively little time to recover from a topping session to produce the new mature and productive colas.

i pruned the buttom 2 branches that were only leaves and kept the upper brachnches because they grow out right from the sun ( very long so they get sun as well ) [ OUTDOOR MIRACLE !]

gave it a nice dose of fretlizer and ill update pictures when im not high!

any way my plant is the shit!

• Like 1

I have never used NPK or artificial fertilizers before. The dosage manual says 0.3% for foliar usage and 0.1% for fertigation, but the overall amount per season max 300kg per hectare. When converted to square meters that is 30g/sq meter, which is a negligible amount and would not make a significant difference.

3 hours ago, superblue said:

hi LeoGetz,

Your plants are looking very happy. fish emulsion and sea weed are good organic nutrients. The plants love fish emulsion.

happy harvest, my friend.

john

6 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

I have never used NPK or artificial fertilizers before. The dosage manual says 0.3% for foliar usage and 0.1% for fertigation, but the overall amount per season max 300kg per hectare. When converted to square meters that is 30g/sq meter, which is a negligible amount and would not make a significant difference.

12 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

what stage of flowering am i in? i gave dosage of mid flowering but i dont really know what stage im in lol

i pruned 2 llil branches the the buttom which i should cut 2?

and how many yield am i gonna get according to the bud sites and everything?

plus is this a prolem? (leaf cut up and bruised one got wierd mark on it) or i should pay no mind to it?

IMG_20170415_110644.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110655 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110655.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110659 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110659.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110702 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110702.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110706 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110706.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110720 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110720.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110734 - עותק.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110740 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110740.jpg

‏‏IMG_20170415_110748 - עותק.jpg

IMG_20170415_110748.jpg

IMG_20170415_110751.jpg

• Like 3

On 14.4.2017 at 10:12 PM, Cannabissapean said:

On 13.4.2017 at 0:00 PM, superblue said:

hi mate,

the guy that said to prune the bottom of your plant is right. Watch the greenhouse videos. It gives better air circulation around the bottom of the plant, and helps to prevent insects crawling up the plant. The main reason I do it is as the guy said these buds get little light, and by pruning them, all the growth goes to top, where there is more intense light.    opps, I am an indoor grower, that does not apply to you as you grow outside, but I think it is still a good idea.

Here people put a netting over their plants to prevent fruit bats and other birds from getting to their fruit.  

your plant looks very happy; yield depends a lot on strain. most autos yield between 60 grams and up.

all the best,

john

On 10.4.2017 at 4:53 AM, LeoGetz said:

Mesh fence cage, dense  enough to hold sparrows off.

guys my plant started smelling awesome and start leaning like it gained some weight so i decided to tie it - its my first time growing so i have no idea what i should do

any tips would be appreciated !IMG_20170417_101732.jpgIMG_20170417_101718.jpgIMG_20170417_101723.jpg

also i planted another one 3 weeks ago and i think its too small  i made him a dome from a bottle 2 days ago- what do you guys think about it?

IMG_20170417_101735.jpg

IMG_20170417_101739.jpg

IMG_20170417_101745.jpg

IMG_20170417_101751.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

This is first sign of water deficiency. It was grasshoppers eating your plant.  Spray garlic water or dust with ordinary flour. Use 5 or 6 thin sticks all around the plant to support it, like this... 

499030478-100_3213.jpg

you mean the litle one? ill water it with some fret in the evening

• 3 months later...

Octopus, you are doing everything just fine.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

You are growing in soil, so the soil is retaining lots of the nutes that you have already fed.  I would advise to stop feeding nutes and let the plant grow its roots to "seek-out" the nutes that are already in the soil, otherwise you risk over-fertilizing the plant, which could damage the roots.  From here on out, water her with just rainwater.

You need to allow the fresh water feedings to eventually flush the excessive nutrients out of the soil in the weeks through flowering, otherwise the plant will have too many nutes and salts in its tissues, causing a harsh, bad-tasting smoke.

And remember to allow the soil to dry-out somewhat between waterings.  Cannabis likes oxygen at the roots.  If the soil remains always moist without the dry periods between waterings, then oxygen cannot get to the roots, and root-rot can occur.  If you stick your finger into the soil to the first knuckle and you do feel ANY moisture, then she does not need water.  Allow the plant to tell you when she needs water.  When the leaves begin to droop, that is the sign that she is ready for the next watering.  Remember, she likes the dry periods, as long as they are immediately followed by a watering that drains quickly away from the soil.

• 11 months later...

Hello my freind your plant looks great, but i agree with the last guy you should probably try using less furtilizer, it's easy to go over board when you think your giving the plants more of what they want but the result can be if you give them too much of any one nutrient the root system will actually lock out the plant from absorbing that nutrient, so sometimes less is more. As for Insects with outdoor growing pests are unavoidable but i find that generally the natural predators usually balance it out and cannibas is pretty resilient, I've learned to resist the urge to go buy the newest meanist sounding pesticide at the grow shop Everytime I find unwanted Intruders, introducing extra lady bugs and preying mantis never hurts though I buy mine at Walmart lol, oh and  it was definitely insects and not birds munching your plant, anyways love your pics hope to see more😎