Hello from me

UKNew2it

Hi everyone,

As you may guess from my name I am new to this 😃.

I decided late to have a go at growing my own, I picked up some Dutch passion#1 after looking for a strain that would grow ok outdoor in the UK.

I started them late which is annoying and missed most of the great weather.

I'm wondering how Hardy these are to frost as they haven't started flowing yet.. Which forum do you think would be best for me to ask?

Thanks, it's been fun so far and wish it started earlier, already planning for next year

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to forum!

We've all been beginners once :)

This strain should not give you problems outdoors, although flowering may be less productive than usual. If you intend to use only outdoors, you can try now with some indica and autoflowering strains, or wait until spring.

Indoor cultivation is also very interesting, have you thought about it?

Cheers! 

Hey Jose, thanks for the reply.

I don't really have the option indoors which is a shame but do have a lot of space out side. I will plan a little better next year for sure 😁

Would the strains you suggest survive a wet and possibly cold uk winter?

I will be happy if I get 50 grams from this year as a first and late attempt, only one of my plants looks good, the other still isn't growing well.

This is as far as it's got at the moment but mornings are getting colder now for sure and going frosts stay away for another month at least.

20180926_073803.jpg

• Like 2

Hello!

Below ten degrees centigrade, the Marijuana does not grow well, paralyzes its growth. If there are frosts during the night, it is necessary that it is very hot during the day to counteract.

It is difficult to germinate and grow a seed with frost, so I do not recommend outdoor cultivation in winter (UK). Except if you have the option to make some greenhouse.

Maybe you still have time to grow some autoflowering (super fast strain), but if you catch the cold winter, it may not be productive at all 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Hey UKNew2it,

its shame that you started late and you do not have anywhere indoors to put them under artificial light so you can finish them.

At the moment we are only 2 days away from October, here on the coast the weather is mild but we do get frost and snow, in the image above it looks like the plant is in a pot, if you wrap the pot in straw or anything to insulate it, but also sit the pot on bricks so air can get to the bottom drain holes.

Try to give the plant shelter from rain so it does not get battered as the days get cooler, in the image above it definitely looks to have started to flower, so if you can keep it alive long enough you will get a few tiny buds, but the hit will probably be very weak.

The Passon #1 grows fast but unfortunately not that fast.

My advice is don't pop any autoflower beans there is not enough time, if you have somehwere in doors it would be a different matter.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

Yeah thanks @gasmeter, I'll make sure I start with plenty of time next time. I think I have 4-5 weeks for them until they are ready so fingers crossed for mild weather until the end of October. Good idea about protecting the pot, it out bottomless now and buried a bit more but we have a stable near it's I can get straw from so will try that as well.  I'll be happy if I get anything to be honest and prepare a bit more in the future.

Think I've got some bugs so will post that on the other forum..got already on order that will hopefully catch it

Cheers

20180930_180116.jpg

20180930_180111.jpg

• Like 3

Your welcome UKNew2it

With my first proper grow in 2015 I started late at the begining of July and I ended up with some bud, I knew it could come to nothing but I just wanted to see the plant go through its life cycle and overstand what happens at each stage of its life.

On the Dutch Passion site they say 6 weeks flowering time for the Passion #1 so even though its late hopefully with it being such a vigorous strain you should get some bud for your efforts, it is just a case of nursing her along over the next few weeks.

That is good having a stables nearby where you can get straw, we used to live on what had been a farm and our neighbour was still farming and he let a girl stable her horse in one of the buildings, that horse shit makes great fertilizer for the garden, cow shit is good, but chicken shit is awsome our nighbour used to get 20 tonne loads and I would load it onto his spreader with the JCB, you could almost see the grass growing after.

Oh man those bugs are hard work I found 4 caterpillars on my Passion #1 this season, rassclatts I took great pleasure popping them.