Hello from Southern Colorado

Atolabor1

Hello. Just wanted to stop and say high. See what's going on in here. Thank you for accepting me. Love to grow my own medicine. Love new strains. There is some really good seeds coming from America these days. Some say, better than a coffee shop in Amsterdam.  This is my first grow indoors. I have grown outside in the mountains of Boulder Colorado Gorilla grow. Bury a Fish. Plant the seed, water come back in a month with tea. Lol that was my growing experience. I decided I wanted that old school smoke taste smell hit. Everything I remember about it years ago. So. I'm growing in soil. Smart pots. Fox Farms Happy Frog soil mix and Ocean Forrest mix combined 50/50. I have Marion Berry Kush,  Love Potion #1, Burmese Kush, Rise N Shine,Pirate Radio,. I found some seeds from a breeder in Boulder Colorado called Thefarmco.com They have a strain called Backbeat OG. They claim 33% THC.  Hard to believe but. I'm going to buy it. Lol Anyway good to be here. Give me a shout out! Peace 20190112_230522.thumb.jpg.19667e81f3fec932d96b0fe9393e3cd0.jpg

20190110_025711.jpg

IMG_20190110_034200.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Atolabor1 and welcome to forum :)

About genetics, every person has their own tastes. Here it is said that in the USA there are very good genetics, in the USA it is said that here there are very good genetics.... I believe that everything is about trying and valuing for oneself.

Personally I dedicate my time to local genetics, I don't need to import seeds from USA or Canada when there are thousands of delicious YUM YUM genetics here!

I hope you enjoy the forum, welcome.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, Jose.gh said:

Hello Atolabor1 and welcome to forum :)

About genetics, every person has their own tastes. Here it is said that in the USA there are very good genetics, in the USA it is said that here there are very good genetics.... I believe that everything is about trying and valuing for oneself.

Personally I dedicate my time to local genetics, I don't need to import seeds from USA or Canada when there are thousands of delicious YUM YUM genetics here!

I hope you enjoy the forum, welcome.

Thank you for accepting me. When I grew up in the 60s we grew whatever we could. I am so new to these strains. I feel lost. I tried to buy some F1 genitics Regular Feminized.  They were at my local marijuana Recreational pot shop in Colorado. We used to buy seeds from Amsterdam cause the genitics were so good. But i believe you're right.  Here in America we have some really good strains from what i am finding. At a reasonable cost. It seems seed prices have skyrocketed since i bought them. And American seeds are outrageous if ordering online. For a beginner indoors what strain would you reccomend? Thanx20190104_104548.thumb.jpg.d6bd62c0aa75aa8a6225349b88f244b1.jpgthese were $34 bucks for 6 from Thefarmco.com

• Like 1

No doubt you'll find very good genetics there. Just forget the advertising and read, look for opinions in forums and read the description of the seed. 

My advice is to start with indica genetics. Because they are very simple to grow indoors, and also very fast (compared to sativa genetics).

Any Kush can be good, choose the one you like :)

Beautiful set-up. You have to make a thread documenting your grows. That grow room just looks so nice and clean :D

As for the strain. I have been wrong these American and Dutch strains for years, and still it is confusing to me :D always new strains coming out..

I think it is better to find a strain and master that one and maybe breeding it abit on your own later on.

• Like 1

Thank you for the compliment.  I did allot of research before I decided how I wanted it. You know, i know it sounds crazy. Here in Colorado some growers for the Despensary were getting seeds in their buds. So i kept the seeds thinking Hell that was good stuff. The Marion Berry Kush and love Potion #1 should be good producers. I'm about 7 days into Flower and they are just building. You can see the genetics between same seed and sisters. Really neat to see in the same bud.

Flower room .jpg

20190121_022640.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...