What it means to be a Strain Hunter.

I have posted on this before but my post has been deleted I think as i can not find it.

What is it to be a true Strain Hunter?

to a Strain Hunter nothing matters but the plant and our love for it.

Not material possesions, not status, not thinking one is the best of everything, or pretending by collecting empty gestures, or badges, as though this site is a personal kingdom and One is king.

No!

To a true Strain Hunter none of that matters, not impressing people, not badges, not money, not status.

A strain hunter will suffer cold, risk death, heat, exhaustion out in the wilderness, where no one will see or know,

all for one special seed.

A Strain Hunter will risked everything to find that special plant, that in our heart we know exists somewhere.

It is the love of the plant that drives us on not status, not money, not badges or prestige.

I feel it is my place here to help articulate what it is to be a Strain Hunter, and the values, as strain hunters, that we all want to recognize and affirm.

take care, fellow strain hunters,

john

• Like 1

thank you mate.

I personally to not care about the post, as words come freely to me and i can write it again.

perhaps the post is here and I could not find it.

Besides it always good to have a bit of friendly rivalry.

We are all different and have different points of view.

I have a sense of humor and do not give a shit for badges that will soon come again, if you had a sense of humor too

then we could have some fun.

I have had a lot of fun at your expense; when will you join me Dwfi.

fuck it all, I have no hard feelings at all.

life is too short for that.

regards

john

hi there

first of all, i dont know why you got banned but it seems that you were done a wrong, what ever the reason you should have not been banned for a difference of an opinion, because thats all it really can be.

although you dont beleive in the badges, you were the only one i have ever seen that had the grow guru badge. this by its self should have been sufficient enough for someone not to ban you, whether you had a disagrement or something. i am not talking about status i am talking about knowlage and you seem to have plenty of it. is that not what this site is for (so we as brothers and sisters can share our knowlage and help each other) as you have done for me on a couple of occassions

i am saddened sad_smile.gifby the actions of some of our brothers on the forum. some people have to big an EGO and should remind them selfs as you said john. this is not your little k8ingdom to run with your headinistic attitude

anyways i am glad you are back john we need you here, we need everyone it is our collective knowlage that makes us strain hunters

respect john wink_smile.gif

peace to all my brothers

Dont think he got banned earthman,think he closed the account,my opinion is that it was a unjust action/not thought out with regards to the badge,which my opinion is the same,only 1 Guru whos proved his ground.....

Any way,

I think,well for me,strainehunting is about the cheese,I come here when I just started to grow GHS Exodus,I had very strong feeling it was not the cheese,so I wanted to help GHS develope the cheese by giving complete honesty and opinion while growing it..

I guess theres many variations of a strainehunter,I think I see why Johns posted this thread,if its in regards to some grow purely for cash and dont give a shit about the straines,I can sort of understand that and agree to a extent,happens wordwide all day everyday,I think most of us are guilty of selling a bit...

You know,I hope this all stops and the family can just get on and help each other threw there problems..

I come here to offload my problems,I talk to no one about them,except for here,I dont care what members think of me,in reality,they are no one but in cyber space,this is my family and friends at strainehunters..

I just like to think that,im helping and educating people on what bit I know,while at the same time I learn off such people as John, IMO the uncle ben of strainehunters..

Forget the badges,means nothing to me if you have one or not,moderators do not bother me like other forums would..

I do really thinks these badges are getting handed out like sweets... A few new ish members,getting mod status,I dont realy care but,I think the guys who got guru shoud of got Mods or some other title but saying that,this forum is relatively new...its starting to develope and grow so we need these people to get Mod experience to deal with the interuptive few that will come along,while at the same time,not abusing there badges or status In any way...

Im quite happy with alot of decisions on here,the stuff im not happy with is mostly due to the forum developing..

Johns ordeal is the worst thing ive seen,its not a bad bad thing but it is some thing I really do think was unjust and very unfair..

I dont run this place though and it must be very hard to do so,Im not here for badges,im here to make the cheese the cheese and explore/impove other straines,no matter how much stick I get for being to honest/critical or writing to much,I dont care,I will continue to be as brutaly honest as I can to help improve straines,untill admin tells me im doing some thing wrong I will continue to do so but the day I get told to stop being honest will be the last day I use here,and it will have to be from some one with power to ban me otherwise I will continue and I urge you John to pretty much follow that,as badges dont mean nothing to me,I know they make you stand out and look informal but I really dont care for them as long as the person is doing there job..

You take care mate,hope you hang about,last im writing on this case and I want to just make it clear,this is just my opinion,it may be wrong,it may be right,but a opinion is all it is..

I have nothing but ove for every one on here,Ive not tried to take sides,ba mouth or anything,totaly tried to avoid it which was quite easy as not alot bad to say about most peope involved ;-) except this was a bad decision to remove Johns Titel and risk losing him over it to,how can I put this with out it looking bad??? to people who were less deserving? ;-) I ike that...

Every one,take care,luv you all,one day will meet you but remember what you here for and I think you realise badges are nothing

hi,

Earthman, Rix, Knuckle, and Fuzzy.

thank you all.

I wanted my account deleted to cover my tracks.

I was worried about Yout Tube hosting my videos.

I will only post pictures from now on, then i know it is Green House and this site that I trust.

I was concerned about some things, I had my say and now that is forgotten.

Congratulations Knuckle - you are a good Guru and was always as good at this(and sometimes better) as i am..

Great stuff

I would never leave this site - I may delete my account sometime in the future again to cover my tracks if it is necessary, but I love Franco's work, Green House and all the friends i have made here.

These are the things that are precious and valuable.

Bless you all my fellow Strain Hunters

take care,

john

There's nothing gay about what is said but............. Damn i like the bitchin!!!! LOL

Give me two Gurus who are passionate about growing and luv to argue... What can be better???

We read every day about how good this plant or that plant is.....

It is good to see some rivalry..

Maybe a competition from the gurus to grow a strain under certain conditions with certain rules for a " Bragging rights competition" would be fun!!!

Hey we are all good at what we do even when we fuck up... and why???? Cause we have

gurus to help us make it better and a laugh at the way each day is like days of our lives in the forums is fun!!!

why come back? i mean i dont think any of you should be grow guru's but you are pretty lame saying oh i dont want to be a grow guru anymore because x and y are also grow guru's... thats pretty gay.... you made a decision, it was a shit decision but its not exactly what a guru would do... perhaps your badges should display 'grow (misused from original meaning) guru'

you said you already made this post - so why feel the need to make it again in your reincarnated name? its the same post only now the words at the top are slightly different right? so your opinion of what it means to be a strainhunter has changed to suit the masses and what you want people to hear

what does it mean to be be a strainhunter? i havent found it in this post..... its just nonsense

by the way you do have some good grow posts - which is more than can be said for the other so called guru's whose names i cant even remember.... but you do spout alout of rubbish as well - sometimes seems pretty psycho

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum. I,ve been growing for about 18 years, and still feel like an beginer. I like to grow Skunk, and Kush strains, been hunting for the old school skunk flavor. Just picked up lemon skunk.

Re; What it means to be a strainhunter/// John , i gave up everything 2 years ago to become a strainhunter and havent looked back taken me all over the place in search of our beautiful plant,the preservation of her has become a full time crusade ,your views expressed are true of heart and i hope there are more strainhunters outthereshades_smile.gif prepared to do the hard yards in the searchconfused_smile.gif it has only been three weeks since i found "strainhunters.com" /// and its been great to converse with all with that common thread that binds us...... to Arjan ''lovin what uve created. a true brother of the 'ERB"