Indoor isnt always faster than outdoor,

alexbiologo

These plants are 16 days old and compared to other indoor plants of the same age I beleive they are quite bigger. I´ve argued many times about where the growth is faster. Theoretically indoor grow is faster because you can control the environment 100%. But... 1. most indoor growers dont have a perfect environment.

2. artificial light will never be as good as the sun.

3. Plants have evolved for over 3000000000 years in the outdoors.

This plant has been growing outdoors for 15 days since the seed opened up.( total of 17 days since put in water to germinate.) It receives 12 hours of direct sunlight. (its on my roof) Its been watered 3 times with tap water. They are in Plagron allmix soil.

Its a bullshark by the way.

well alex, maybe you have better enviroment and strain..and experience..

In a badge of 5 fem seeds you can get 1 good plant that could be a mother..the traits are like your one

fast growth, healthier, bigger then the others.. I planted late out of 9 seeds 1 had this traits and another that was germinated indoor at least survived but has developed 60% less then the other..

there's a lot of factors to consider

I do know now that for those who want to grow outdoor, the bigger the pot from start, bigger plants! But not faster!

What happens indoors? (if everything is working properly)

Indoors plants have in veg 18h of light with same intensity during that whole time, followed by un almost constant temperature aswell. So, total of 18h a day of perfect conditions to grow.

What happens outdoors?

Outdoor, plants have first 4 hours(+/-) of each day at around 17c to 22c (this is not ideal right?) ;)

Then, around 9pm the temps drops again, and the sun still in the sky. So considering a latitude where the max daylight time is 14hours (like mine) the last 3 hours of each day are not ideal either. So, this 3 plus the 4h of the morning is 7h total of each day that the plants are not growing in the ideal conditions they would want or have indoors. Note that 14h of daylight minus those 7 hours, you only get 7h of perfect conditions a day at best.

Also, rainy, cloudy, colder or hoter then needed days, it will make the grow take a bit much time to finish, both veg and flower.

This is my experience at Lat 34º, and talking with the first idea of only sunlight, my personal experience is based on it but adding a few more hours inside next to a CFL to raise photoperiods at veg time, and it still is slower then indoor after adding those 4/6 hours more after daylight is over! In Summer i manage to give the plants 10h of direct sunlight! The terrace is facing south and have a wide angle view of around 160º! shades_smile.gif

Would be good to sit and smoke a few talking about this, as you said Alex ;) remember?

Take care

It is true the sun can not be compared to artificial light in any way at all, as artificial light pales when compared to the sun.

However, as Romeu has made clear, there are other factors too that are just as important as the intensity and lengh of the light cycle.

Plants do better indoors as it is a milder climate.

of course, the best way to grow is to combine both using a glasshouse, as here one has the intensity of natural sunlight, combined with a controlled climate, and no high electricity bills.

take care

john

Thanks for the comments guys. Its been fun to read before work. I must suck at indoor growing because I always notice faster growth outdoors.

I would like to make one point clear. If one plant is bigger than another, and it was planted at the same time, it has grown faster. It has developed more Biomass in less amount of time. So bigger = faster.

Thats why I stated Theoretically indoor is faster. And Im sure that the proffesional growers are faster indoors. But your average Joe will grow a plant faster in the Canary islands outdoor than in Bristol in a closet. Of course if you live in Greenland you would do a lot better growing indoors.

Lets see some indoor plants of the same age!

Show me the plants!wink_smile.gif

Faster is a relative term , plants can be put into flower faster indoors because we control photoperiod and not rely on seasons.

Growth is dependant of photosynthesis which uses water, Co2 and of course light, which in turn produces sugars which metabolise with nutrients draw from the planting medium, which produces biomass.

As long as oxygen is supplied to the roots and water and C02 requirements are met and a good source of nutrients is supplied at the correct Ph along with the light being supplied at the correct wave lengths for photsynthesis, the more light you use the faster growth will be.

We are often limited to the amount of light used indoors and we often lack the space for massive plants.

Indoor grows using hydroponics and co2 enrichment can have explosive results in plant growth,showing how enviromental conditions can and will effect growth.ie. nutrients and C02 being more readily availabe.

I agree the sun just can't be beat , mother nature just doing her thing.

If you have the right enviromental conditions outdoors, plants can grow into enormous bud producing monsters,

Where as i live in the uk where it can be a lottery as to amount of sun we will get in a season.

Some where like Portugal will have shed loads more sun.Just like you said canarys outdoors vs. Bristol indoors is a very good comparision.

Glass houses are great in cooler climates and free energy is always the best energy.

Sadly where i live, i am totally overlooked and smell is a big factor too.

So it's small plants indoors with a carbon filter for me.

I'm in the south west of UK too.

As long as we have enough weed to keep us happy, i guess everything else is academic.

highest highs and happy growinteeth_smile.gif

Great plant Indicando. You are not an avarage Joe grower! I´ll post a pic of the plants when they are 22 days old. I imagine they will be about the same size. Wich prooves my harmless statement: "Indoor isnt always faster".

Mine are in 11 litre pots by the way.

Thanks for the comments Lamsbread. I lived in Brighton 3 months. Never bought weed, I would smuggle what I needed to smoke. I once bought weed in Bournmouth (or however you spell it) from a fellow that was smoking a joint. I asked him for weed and he said sure. Took out a scale and weighed 30 pounds (money) dont know how many grams of weed. Probably like 4 grams. He did it in the street and the scale was full of coke or some other white powder. Is this normal?

The weed was shitty indoor over fertilized and humid.

Alexbio personally i wouldn't buy on the street, but you wanted a smoke and you got a smoke.

Either he charged you £10 a gram or he sold you 1/8 oz at top prices.

When it comes to buying weedon the street i couldn't tell you what was normal.

The good thing is that you are now self suficient with weed , growing your own & choosing what strain to smoke.

No more dodgy dealers on street corners.

Now it is the time to smoke your conisuer grade weed ,properly dried and cured.

I wish you well wiyh your grow.

keep it up mate and show us your buds when they come.

Till laterz

Lamsbread