The Church, outdoors

hexx

When I bought the seeds, the people at the Green House Co. told me that The Church is pretty resistent to the quirks of the Dutch climate, so I guess a little autumn nastiness won't harm the Ladies. Gotta say though that they are very happy with the current hot weather, just like me.

I won't be doing anything special with them to make them flower earlier, coz' I like naturally grown ganja from the outdoors so much more than ganja that's grown indoors. And I got a feeling that this year's crop will easily last me untill next year's crop ;-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just measured the Ladies up and the tallest has reached 5 feet in height. Including the pot she's growing in, that means she's standing a proud 2 meters high now. And the Summer has only just begun.

p_1600_1200_664F1C84-0215-49E9-AC43-12D1

• 2 weeks later...

We had a couple of real nasty storms over the past weekend, but I'm happy to tell y'all that the Ladies didn't even blink. I've got a feeling they've more or less reached their full length now (i.e. 5 - 6 ft.) and are working on becoming nice and bushy.

Here's a closer look at the undergrowth:

p_1600_1200_38C61C11-6E6A-4EF4-AAD4-FD37

Guest superbluehaze

She looks very heathy and the roots are really pumping up the nutrients to the leaves and branches.

I have have just harvested my Church plants;

the Church frosts up well, and the smoke is smooth and very powerful.

The smoke smells similar to Afgani hash.

happy harvest,

john

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had to blow this one up a bit because the camera of my iPhone has got no zoom, but this is today's state of the herb as seen from the neighbour's balcony across the street. The three sisters are showing the first signs of flowering, but that's kinda hard to capture with this camera - gonna be a couple of weeks before I can post any pics of that.

ganja.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing is, in the Netherlands 5 outdoor plants are ok when the neighbours don't complain about the smell. But once the harvest is in da house, I'll be way over the stash I'm allowed to have stored: 30 grams is sort of allright for personal use. I'm guessing that the Ladies on my balcony will yield somewhat more.

Not that I mind. Only thing is that next year, I'll be growing one Lady in an 80-liter pot at home. That way, she'll get as much sunshine as possible. It gets kinda crowded up there with three beauties.

;-)

They're starting to flower, bytheway. Won't be too long before the iPhone can capture the blossoming buds.

"What would the Ladies look like to a bird passing by?" I wondered. "Or to those good hardworking folks in little black helicopters, zooming in on rooftop plantations day after day to check if those wretched pothead pixies aren't growing more than five plants?"

So I climbed on a chair and took a picca in the afternoon Sun.

p_1600_1200_D55F4D8D-92EF-4793-BFDC-A150

Guest superbluehaze

They are looking great my friend,

but i would give them some fish emulsion as it is a bit early for the leaves to be turning yellow; plants still need bnitrogen in the flowering cycle, especially in the early stages

happy growing,

my friend,

john

This kind Lady (born and raised on my little plantation) had a hard life. After being topped by cats at a very young age, she lived in the garden of a neighbour who hardly spent time outside over the past Summer. And now that he’s in the hospital, there’s even less chance of her getting the TLC she so much needs and deserves.

So I went over to his place and took her home with me.

p_1600_1200_B2DFB8BB-B96D-4FA2-BBF0-5EB0

14-6a0133ed348873970b013480655a23970c-64

Awwww ..... the Lady I attempted to rescue is under attack by a herd of nasty little critters called Sciara prothalliorum. The go for the root system and thrive in humid soil. Guess my neighbour wasn't taking to good care of her and I gotta say that she (contrary to the Ladies on the balcony) is hardly flowering. I'm trying to kill the little evildoers, but it might be too late.