Let's talk about Landrace

Guest resinhazin

Guest resinhazin

Hey there,

talkin bout landraces makes me often think of the taste of a good old south american sativa.

(lucky who had the chance;))

But almost everywhere Landraces are growin..

Also here where i live we have some intersting Plants to find. Near by about some hundred Years ago there was once

the biggest hemp growing area in germany. it was also very important in the first world war.

The farmers grew it for making ropes out of the seam and for the marine for sailingtowels and even food.

They also smoked it as well because tobacco was too expensive, they were poor.

What you find now here nowadays, may be in rudiments contains the hemp from that time

but may also been mixed up with different industrial strains of the last decades before the iron curtain fell.

Actually Hemp for agricultural issues is grown here only on a very few hectars since 1994.

(and we have much hectars here;)

When we where teenagers it was in the Nineties, we found about 400 Hempplants in the compostical area of our

botanical city garden. The Compost lay there sometimes for decades.We were lucky bout that and in the next moment we had an kilo of it hanging drying.

But the disoppointment came because it had not the wanted effects. It had a little relaxing body like feeling but no effect in the had. The Plants were big and smelled sweet an they were also very sticky with lots of resin. But Nope.

Now you find that kind of Hemp in many Places here from single Plants up to little or bigger fields. Seems like

it got more over the Years.

We have a Garden where friends meet in Summer there these Plants are growing there for 14 years now.

And a good grow Brother of mine took these genetics to mix up with popular strains to make them more comfortable

withe local climate. And it worked very good in some cases.

This Year at his place i've seen the biggest Hempplants in my Life ever. GHS Himalya Gold was also there 2,80 m high;-=

Okay before i can't stop talking here are some Fotos of one i found in 2010 while creepin over old agraric facilities.

Would be nice to here somthing about what you think and what is growing where you live!!!!

Peace and Boom

;-)

post-9733-0-22768500-1328407390_thumb.jp

Nice one about 2,30 high with nice violett color

post-9733-0-90961100-1328407401_thumb.jp

grown between blackberry and hop

post-9733-0-18557800-1328407412_thumb.jp

no male was anywher bute all of seeds

post-9733-0-68411200-1328407380_thumb.jp

;)

• Like 1

wow! didnt know this... so you are sure, that those plants had a chance to grow all this years? for one century?

where is it? Eastern germany? ...Would make sense, because the eastern germans hadn't had a prohibition. the farmers where very upset after the... "wiedervereinigung" when they werent allowed anymore to grow hemp.

...looking forward for more information, i am doing a lot with hemp at my university (mediaton concept at the moment)

Guest resinhazin

wow! didnt know this... so you are sure, that those plants had a chance to grow all this years? for one century?

where is it? Eastern germany? ...Would make sense, because the eastern germans hadn't had a prohibition. the farmers where very upset after the... "wiedervereinigung" when they werent allowed anymore to grow hemp.

...looking forward for more information, i am doing a lot with hemp at my university (mediaton concept at the moment)

hey Bombholenat,

yes i think they did! You're right its ex GDR and there also hemp were planted in agriculte.

But only till 1971 then it was forbidden, in western Germany it was forbidden in 1982.

And you find it like i said on many places in a wide area...so i think it is like i said -;)

• Like 1

Especially for me it is VERY interesting! This hemp seems to be bred for the fibres and so on. My Professors differetiate very ungenerous between hemp as a raw material supplier and our weed. so, if there would be the possibility to combine this strong german landrace with some nice plant with high THC content, that would be really, really GREAT!!! The good result for me would be that no one of my docents could say "the only interesting cannabis for us is Hemp, not Weed". Booya! :D