Vietnam, Burma & south east Asia

I would love to see strain hunters in South East Asia. Particularly Vietnam in the Dalat region I have read lots about a sativa that is native to that area sounds like it would make amazing stock for breeding.... As well as Vietnam Burma also is known for its sativa and would make an excellent addition to the seed bank.

Thanks for sharing your thought with us ;)

They have some Thai already, don't know if any vietnam strain are in gh catalogue too, don't think so but maybe ^^ I believe they know this part of the world pretty well :)

• 1 month later...

I think the Vietnamese variety is the exact same thing we call Thai landrace. I am not the expert that both Arjen and Franco are, but I can't tell any difference between them. Burma would be a very dodgy place to do this kind of work, I'd recommend just about anywhere else although the country is opening up to business now. This is my neck of the woods, have good friends from all of those countries and I think Dust is right, they made that trip before they started making videos...

I am curious though, does anyone here know the origin of the variety found on Ko Phangna and Ko Samui? Several years ago I found a local grower on another, less popular island over here that completely blew my mind, it didn't look like landrace or the normal island stuff. Hmm, maybe I need to do a mini strain hunt of my own...

• Like 1

I promise to post some pics of my plants tonight/tomorrow, it's getting late and the sun seems to drop off suddenly in the tropics so probably haven't got time to get a decent pic tonight. I'll start my own little grow journal. It's going to be next year before I have a chance to get back to the island, I'm back at university (second time around) in a couple weeks and just won't have time for a holiday until then. It will be nice to be back on the island although I think we both know the truth is it was mixed with some good but well know genetics from abroad ;)

• Like 1

from what i was told the weed in Samui and Phnagan came from Loas, it was just your standard outdoor weed with seeds.. the only place i saw anything that resembled top quality, connioisseur type sativa was in tonsai in railay beach.. still had seeds but was very tastey and the most fun high i can remember.. i need to go back now :(

from what i was told the weed in Samui and Phnagan came from Loas, it was just your standard outdoor weed with seeds.. the only place i saw anything that resembled top quality, connioisseur type sativa was in tonsai in railay beach.. still had seeds but was very tastey and the most fun high i can remember.. i need to go back now :(

I have a good friend from Europe who tells me the stuff we get from Laos is coffeeshop quality, so that isn't a surprise. I keep hoping for someone to come here and tell me how great cambodian stuff is, since that's what I have going in the garden right now lol.