This is my set up- what would you add, do differently or use extra products...

Badger Jones

Greetings Smoketeers,

I've got a new set up going and wondered if the knowledgeable crowd would mind casting their eyes over my bits and giving any advice that springs to mind.

The plants are from Greenhouse Seeds and are first generation clones selected from the previous seed grown crop.

Strains are 2 AMS and 2 Super Critical. They are currently in week four of the flower cycle

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m BudBox tent

Wilma four 18 litre pot dripper system with clay pebbles - the clones were aeroponically propagated, once long roots had grown I transplanted them straight into pebbles, so there is no rockwool. The timings are set for 15mins on 30 mins off all the time light is on.

Gavita Pro 1000 Light

6 inch RVK extracter, constant passive intake of fresh air. Temps between 21-26, humidity 20 - 60.

Nutrients and additives-

Flora Grow

Flora Micro

Flora Bloom

GHE Bio Bloom

Ferro Enzyme Plus

And a spinkle of Rise and Shine's Unity, Mirco Organisms and Bacillus

Following the greenhouse three flush method

Put a No Mercy CO2 tablet into the tank a few times a week

The EC is kept at 1.9 and the Ph at 5.9

Tank temperature 20 degrees.

All the plants are happy green and flowering nicely, everything looks wonderful, but could they be more so?!

Should I use any more additives etc, there are so many out there that my head spins when I start looking at them, and as I read the descriptions I think I want them all!

Massive Appreciation As Ever,

Peace out & Nighty night

well as boqoph said, be gentle with the nutes, even tho i ain't a hydro expert your setup sounds very good and i don't any major things to change :rabbi:

Maybe the hydro pro will have something to say about your water timing, but i ain't qualified for that ^^

Have a good grow man ;)

Your using a majority of General Hydroponics stuff. They have Sub culture,Koolbloom, and Flora Nectar, all products i have used before switching back to Advanced Nutrients and had great results. I'd dump that other shit and stick with the product line, your following there feed ing charts anyways so get those products. Scrap the pucks and get a little CO2 set up if you plan on running thru the summer and your temps might get a little higher. Growing in a tent you can use CO2 more efficiently since its basically more sealed than a room. Of coarse I'd recommend a climate controller too, if you have a few bucks to spare. Just plug and play....

• Like 2

Thanks DKH and Growmaster!

DKH - so you wouldn't use Rise and Shine's Unity, Mirco Organisms and Bacillus?

Would you add anything else?

Growmaster - I've found the GHE Subculture & Diamond nectar. But not Koolbloom, what does this one do?

Also in your opinion should I switch to Advanced Nutrients once I have finished the GHE products?

Do you use the full range, I believe they have 12 or more additives for use at various stages of growth and bloom?

Thanks Again

• 2 years later...

what is a  No Mercy CO2  tablet i have been doing all different kinds  hydro  and have never seen this . i know you are asking for input for your grow as long as thing look good i wouldn't over do it . i like to run with the Lucas formula . i have had my tds as high as 1600  to 2000 as soon as the leaf tips start to yellow i would back off a little bit .    i have burn the shit out of whole grow set me back weeks  with me it's learn the hard way or not at all

• 3 months later...

I showed a dramatic increase in production with adding both Kool Bloom and Diamond Nectar (both GHP products) There is a more advanced feeding chart General Hydroponics puts out that is much more refined and gives you a week to week feeding schedule. I think you will like the results.

Now on too CO2 production. I use a sugar driven yeast farm (try one put out by CO2 Crew about $35).  In a 5 gallon bucket you can make it yourself for about $15 to $20. I also combine it with a 1/4 inch drip system and a 1/4" soaker hose to drop it right over the plant at light height.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Wow!! Just found this post scrolling around..Dude thanked me"DKH" but it was my very old account that has now been removed I guess.(lol). yes, Peroxide will kill everything in the rez. I like running whats called a DEAD REZ. No life in it. I control all aspects of whats in water. Lotta guys use beneficials but, not me. I am what you call, A CHEMICAL KID! Plants have NO idea if they are being fed organically or non organic. they have no idea if they are in a live or dead rez. I get em running fast in veg then flip to 12/12 and keep them at a sprint while pushing every bit of food they can handle into them. Peroxide keeps rez's clean and roots nice and white. Flush the hell outta them at the end, all good... In fact..Its GREAT!!! Peroxide isnt even the only thing you can use..Aqueous ozone  is fast becoming a GOTO in the indoor grow game. I know this from involvement with indoor Med Legal Canadian Licensed Producers. Im talking, 50 000 watt rooms!!! Ozone can be used in a live sytem and used to disinfect room as clean as bleach. Its really cool chemically. Completely safe. You can drink the shit!!! Its a faster and stronger oxidizer than bleach too.  Completey safe to people pets and enviro...Look it upp...:)