pH accident!

Badger Jones

Bit of a cock up, added a flush additive and didn't realise it was acidic, it lowered the pH to 3.9 and I didn't notice this for 5 hours. Once I saw how low it was I raised the pH to 5.5 and ran the drippers for an hour until lights out.

I don't know how bad this is for the plants, what can I expect?

haha like tok said very welly one time is no time, i think the same pretty much even tho i nver tried hydro lol. But from what i understand of hydro plants response almost immediatly to problems when they are, i guess if after 5 hour they had nothing strange in their look and if your readjusted, i wouldn't worry much..

But maybe they'll all be dead tomorrow too :rabbi: hihi hope not of course ;)

Good luck man, i'm sure the hydro pro will see that and argue ;)

Thanks guys, good to know, yeah they still look ok so fingers crossed it hasn't affected them.

Only one week of ripening to go... Exciting times!!! :girlcrazy: (they smell soooo good)

Tokage - normally let my pHs swing from 5.5 to 6.2 before I bring them back down to 5.5. I do this because I think that different nutrients are more available between the two figures, so I thought that letting the pHs go from 5.5 to 6.2 would allow the plants to take in a more rounded diet.

What do you think?

Thanks guys, good to know, yeah they still look ok so fingers crossed it hasn't affected them.

Only one week of ripening to go... Exciting times!!! :girlcrazy: (they smell soooo good)

I do this because I think that different nutrients are more available between the two figures, so I thought that letting the pHs go from 5.5 to 6.2 would allow the plants to take in a more rounded diet.

What do you think?

totally agree with you and lambsbread posted a pretty funny and comprehensive guide on his DWC and there is a section on PH adjustment "http://www.strainhun...utorial-part-2/" Still reading through it at the moment ;)