need some advice on moving plants that was germinated and starting indoors but need to be moved outside

kris00

I've got some S.criticals,Kalashnikovas,churches and some white widows. I,m in a sunny climate I,m going to move them out the first week in may just to make sure its warm enough but I want to germinate them then put them in dome tray with a heat mat under floresents for about a month so then when I'm ready to move how long should I set them out to get used to it then move them back in for and should I go with 24hrs or 18hrs I,m not worried about electricity because it's just 2 four foot tubes but will 18hrs make it easier on the plants when moved out and have a shorter light cycle. and also is it best to transplant them out in the morning or evening? on a sunny day or overcast? just wanting to know how to be the easiest on them and the best success rate so any advice would really be helpful. I,m very GRATEFUL for all the help I only have about a month left

yeah i think i would say like bozoph, or in the morning very early before sunset so she has few hours and low light at the beginning, but in anyway if you are gentle with her anytime should do it ;)

For the veg i prefer to stick on the 18h, some people like the 20h or 24h cycle, personally not my thing ^^ but it's all personnal choices sochoose the one you prefer ;)

good luck man make a grow journal for those ladies we'll be pleased to follow it ;)

for outdor i do not sugest using longer then 14-16 h light in the box befor transplanting to decrees photoperiod shock , also i dont think this is realy needed to to veg them in the box befor transplanting - unles you are planning for real monster plants : P it will not speed up their flowering- if it is what youwas aming for ....

the other hand if you would plan to do the same with auto plants its great idea to speed up 1st outdoor crops

transplanting at dusk or erly afternoon would be best time , what is important is not to do it when the sun is highest nor just befor the night- if theres a risc of cold ones

No I know it won't speed up their flowering I just want strong large plants. Do I need to move them in and out for a few days to get used to the sun light or is that a big deal? And is a month long enough time starting them indoors? Can I go a month and a half? I just want my babys to have a nice root structure but I don't want to leave them indoors to long to shock them. I guess I'll put them out in the early morning it won't be that hot here in late april early may but it will be very sunny. Anyways thanks dudes I'm all ears for any advice.

You can extend vegetation as long as you like , it would be a safer idea to bring them home at night for few days at 1st but i think its not needed , in my opinion much better it will be for them to just transplant them into soil and let their root strech for those few more day

the only concern are cold nights - if the temperature drops below 10* it might slwo their grow or eve dmg them

so go stright into the soil with them , best at dusk as it was alredy mentioned

if you not care to spend extra few $ i also recomendmixing some good soil with the one from the spot and adding som slow relising fertilizer , from my experiance it works best even if you plan to visit your plants often

with this product you will have full fertilization for the whole grow and what more it will increes with time - just like the plant need

http://www.everris.com/uk/Home/Ornamental-Horticulture/Products/Product.aspx/Specialty-Fertilizers/CRF/OsmocoteEDCT/Osmocote-Exact-Hi-End/88660225