Historical stuff

I first started growing marijuana about 20 years ago. I have always had an interest in gardening and farming. Growing up, my grandparents had a large garden and to this day I remember how much fun it was to work the soil with them and how good everything tasted. Over the years I've always kept house plants and, when I could, gardens outdoors. I've grown marijuana at various times over the years, none of which met with any real success. Up until almost a year ago, I was just throwing seeds out of the schwag I had on hand in some soil and hoping for the best.

However, now I have successfully grown about 3 crops with various levels of success and failure. Each experience has provide a plethora new knowledge (mostly in the form of...dumbass, guess you won't be doing that again). Recently, I find my interests in sustainable living and self-reliance fueling my curiosity in landrace varieties and medicinal usages.

Anyway, now on to the good stuff!!

Strains and Genetics

• Texada TimeWarp (by BC Seed King)
    • Hybrid: 70% Sativa / 30% Indica
    • Flowering Time: 8 weeks
    • Area: Indoor & Outdoor (grown indoor)
    • Harvest: End of September
    • Notes: Currently growing indoors. Strong pine smell and good cerebral high. Overall, uplifting and enjoyable.

[*]Purps (by BC Seed King)

• Hybrid: unknown
    • Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks
    • Harvest: End of September
    • Notes: Strong sweet, fruity aroma. Uplifting, body mellow high. No couch lock.

[*]Kali Mist (by BC Seed King)

• Hybrid: Sativa Dominant (90% Sativa)
    • Flowering Time: 10 weeks
    • Harvest: October
    • Notes: Thick colas with lots of resin and a spicy aroma. Very stretchy growth and must be pruned to keep height in check.

[*]Chocolope (breeder unknown)

• Hybrid: genetics unknown
    • Flowering Time: 8 – 9 weeks
    • Notes: One of my favorite strains so far…unfortunately, I all my mothers died. Full bodied, somewhat chocolaty aroma.

[*]Landrace Sativa - South African Kwazulu (by World of Seeds)

• Landrace: Sativa (100%)
    • Flowering Time: Photoperiod (optimal TBD)
    • Area: Indoor and Outdoor (grown indoor)

[*]Landrace Indica - Afghan Kush (by World of Seeds)

• Landrace: Indica (100%)
    • Flowering Time: Photoperiod (optimal TDB)
    • Area: Indoor and Outdoor (grown indoor)

• Like 2

Lets git-er-dun brother!

A lot in common in terms or our gardens :)

Good luck man! I will certainly be around to check you out and hopefully learn some new tricks to the trade from old schooler :cool:

Also will be eyeballing that African!

right on. i'm interested in landraces for a couple reasons. initially i got the kwazulu because i'm a sativa man and...well..how can you resist that! however, as i go farther down the worm hole not only is my interest in medicial usage increasing, but i'm also thinking about starting a breeding program. after i have my current strains stabilized of course. :)

• Like 1

Nice. Outta the 9 strains in my tent right now, I don't think any are land races unfortunately, but all are extra dank!

And you have to start breeding man! I need to grow enough of a variety out before I start to breed so I can be sure what I wanna work with! I was gonna breed two plants with each other this time around, but I didn't get any males unfortuantely :/

And I'm not quite sure tho if I'm a sativa man or indy man! Think I'm just a marijuana man at this point lol! We'll see where it takes me!

Cheers bro

thanks for opening another journal man, i hope we will see some nice pictures over here too :) you have some interesting stranis there and it sounds promising :)

Good luck with those strains, have a good grow

no worries hoss. i've been keeping hand written records over the last year and have toyed with various ways to "modernize" them. i'm a techie by day so i've played with creating my own online journal before (hell i'm even playing around with arduinos to make my own environmental control....but that's a story for another journal :) ), but i really prefer the community aspect of these forums.

my afghan kush seeds should arrive any day now so i've begun prepping for the next garden and journal!

• Like 2

yea...totally bummed. i ordered from attitude. it's not their fault. i chose a mug as part of the discrete shipping. wasn't thinking about how easy it is for customs to open a box and retape it...oh well, lesson learned. suggestions of other seed banks / delivery options?

• Like 1

Damn that's terrible. At least you got discrete shipping so it's garunteed :)

BUT with that said, I've seen around the net that it's been happening a lot with Attitude as of lately.

Did you get the smiley face on your seed package?! There has been a customs officer, or group of them in Chicago customs thats been doing this.

But ppl are posting all over youtube about how there packages arrived and what not, so that could have an influence.

And I guess the sheer number of orders they're getting haha, customs is like Ok now....

But I've contacted Attitude and they say they're on it as far as switching it up, but who knows.

For future reference look into single seed center. It's cheaper and also garunteed and we're not having probs with them currently.

And I've ordered from Attitude 4 times now. Twice guarunteed and twice not and I got all packages in 11 or 12 days. 3 thru Chicago and 1 thru NY.

But they're obvious on to Attitude now and some individual is having a blast confiscating seeds these days haha.

But with that said, I don't think there's a right way to order. It's a roll of the dice everytime pretty much IMO.

But to help you out, I ordered a couple t-shirt when i ordered stealth, and without stealth i did the tin can once, and then nothing at all once.

Thing is, That tell tale "Attitude" envelope is always the same.

Don't think I'll be doing business there for a while until things simmer down.

Soon there gonna start dipping into profits with replacing all these seeds!

Who knows what they do then :resent:

this was my second time ordering from them. the package did come through chicago...so you may be on to something there. my other orders have been placed through bc seed king and all of those arrived with no problem. i ordered this round from attitude because they have the landraces i'm interested in and bc seed king doesn't carry landraces.

man i threw out the packaging, but i didn't notice a smiley face.

i emailed attitude about the order so we'll see what happens. hopefully, they'll resend via a different route.

yea, it is totally a roll of the dice for sure. that's why i'm always looking for multiple sources and try not to use the same supplier more than 2x's in a row.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afghan Kush Landrace seeds have arrived. One of the seeds was crushed, but I don't blame Attitude for that...hell, they replaced my original order at no cost to me who am i to complain!?!

Due to the heat where I live and other constraints, I won't be starting any of my seeds until at least mid-August or early Sept.

• Like 1