1st GROW NEARLY READY FOR 2015

ghetto2190

Hi all will be starting my 1st grow in the new year would of started it sooner but gotta get Xmas out of the way 1st, I have chosen the strains I will be doing, these will also be grown using biobizz's line of medium and nutrients so gona try and keep it as close to organic as I can.

This will also be a stealth grow in a plain white melamine box but made to look like a chest of drawers or might just do it in a wardrobe. Any questions

I have purchased most of my equipment but will be getting the rest of my stuff after the festive period, as of now I have my full set of nutrients which are biobizz's rootjuice,grow,bloom and topmaxx and also a bag of lightmix and all mix medium...I have 4 top quality Arctic PC cooling fans none of them crappy Chinese ones. 2 of these fans will be used as a intake for fresh air these 2 fans together have a total input of 62cfm or 118M3/H. The other 2 larger fans will be used to remove hot air these 2 fans have an out take together of 148cfm or 252M3/H also I have a PC fan controller which will control the speeds of all my fans this is so I can hit the temp and humidity bang on all the time as I want to give my girls the best possible start.

I have also purchased 3 6 volt USB fans, these have been checked to see if there powerful enough and to be honest they are brilliant for there size, I will upload some pics shortly

I have also purchased 5 30watt 6500k cfl bulbs for the seedling and vegative stage, I'm just a little head gone because I don't no what wattage of hps I should use for flowering stage here is the size of my grow cupboard that I will be using 50cm front to back 80cm long and 150cm tall also there will be a piece of wood below the roof so I can lower and higher the lights when needed

I have also purchased a essentials pH pen,essentials wetting agent and general organics bio essentials for some foliar feeding,and a couple of thermometers and hygrometers all my other stuff that I need will be purchased after Xmas when I will start my grow this will also be when I will be buying my seeds

Any questions please feel free to comment on this post

Thanks and hope all of you have good luck with your grows

I think it will get to warm in your grow room using HPS although you do sound like you have good climate control with computer controlled fans. I would suggest a 250w or maybe try a dimmable ballast that can be dimmed from 400w to 250w or maybe the smaller one which dims from 250w to 150w .

Cheers for the input Gaz I was going to use a 150watt HPs for flower see how it goes 1st then maybe second grow go up to a dimmable 250 might as well start my 1st grow with a 150 just in case my fans arnt powerful enough to constantly control the heatheat but I will let you all know in due course and don't you worry gas this grow I am doing will come with plenty of picsthat for sure.

Gaz do you have any input as to what kind of carbon filter I can use as my fans will not be able to incorporate any type of filter which you usually see people using in there grow tents I have heard of a carbon filter sock but my mind is blank as to were to buy them from any input will be greatly appreciated cheers

if you want to use HPS, you can look in to getting an air cooled hood/reflector. if you can get some ducting and connect that all to your fans that you already have for extraction, it should help to reduce the heat from the HPS by a lot. also, for such a small space, i would suggest nothing over a 400W HPS. even 400W is high, but if you are using air cooled, you could possibly get away with it. 250 would be more appropriate in all seriousness though, still air cooled (lets you get the light closer to the plant as well as reducing temperatures), would save the chance of any problem that may or may not arise from using the 400W. for stealthiness on the electricity bill (if you don't pay it yourself) 250 would be better in that aspect also.
a four inch RVK would also help your situation, it would mean you could connect a carbon filter to it easier, and you could also connect ducting to it as well. i know from experience that an RVK125 isn't so loud, so i imagine an RVK100 must be even quieter (in case you need to be concerned about volume of noise etc) there are things you can do to an RVK to make them quieter as well if they aren't already quiet enough. it is a little bit of an expense for this stuff, but if you are willing to buy the ph pen and things like that, perhaps its not too much to get this as well. i know here in the UK i can get an RVK100 kit (with carbon filter and ducting) for a little over £100. its worth its weight in gold though.
also, if you don't want to do any of that, i can advise "Ona blocks/spray/gel" they are the best odor neutralizer i have come across myself so far. absolutely amazing and not too expensive either. you may need more than one for the length of time you grow however, i highly advise them.
hopefully this is helpful and doesn't seem like I'm just trying to tell you what you should be doing.
how many plants are you hoping to have in your space as well if you don't mind me asking?

just put 400w hps on the celing with a normal hood. put two bigger vents to vent-out on each side of lamp and smaller vents at the bottom of your grow closet to vent-in. it will get hot but try not to go over 30. if, put 1 small vent up to vent-out and you'll be good but 2 x 253/h is plenty for that space. even for 400w hps, which has a perfect area of 50x70(80) exatcly what you have. go with 2 plants of indica dominant strains and you can grow as mich as half a kilo in there. try to find 400w 450g white widow grow in the same area but with one plant(I think it's on icm) and I think there's also a video on yt...

anyway, nice start but ONE MORE THING, buy EVERYTHING before the start and also fix it it the grow area before you'll pit the plants in. you will thank me later

peace

man

one day&night test is more than enough, just make sure it wont go over 30 and/or under 20 at night(best is 6-8 degree difference)

and here's the link to yt video about what I taked ^ (there's also a diary on icmag bit find it yourself:))

and this guy also, he's good :)

good luck!

bless

man

Here's a few pics of the items I have purchased up to now, I've only been purchasing the cheapest items first as Xmas is on the way so any spare change I've had I have purchased an item, once Xmas is over then I will start buying my main items.

2nd pic is of my 3 5volt USB powered fans these are more than powerful for my size of setup,these are only small fans but in my eyes they have been built very well for the price as there all metal including the blade the only thing plastic about these items is the powerlead and the on/off switch but for £5 each you carnt moan and also the fans can pivot forwards and backwards 360 degress

post-13239-0-59927500-1416264848.jpg

Here are my 4 PC cooling fans the first 2 will be used for my intake and together have a total of 64cfm, the other 2 larger fans are for my outtake these together have a total outtake of 142cfm. This is a considerable amount of extraction for a grow of my size so don't no whether 2 have the smaller ones as my outtake and larger ones as my intake what do you guys think?

Also these fans are not the cheap arse Chinese ones, just though I would mention that as I want these fans to at least last me one full grow.

post-13239-0-10079900-1416267204.jpg

This is my PC fan controller which I will be using to keep my intake and outtake fans at a specific speed when I want them 2 this controller will hopefully help me keep my temperature and humidity in the correct range 24/7....even though this is a Chinese import I do have another one of these controllers exactly the same which I have been using on my PC tower and it has been working with no faults for over a year now so this is the reason I purchased another

post-13239-0-06832600-1416267538.jpg

This is the stuff I have purchased up to now, I do have a delivery off 6 30watt 6500k CFLs,2 white digital temperature/humidity scales both with probes and a essentials pH pen this should all be here by Wednesday hopefully, so I will update you with more pics then, I just carnt wait to get this grow started

PEACE!

• 3 weeks later...