Dr Grinspoon by Gonzo

gonzosghost

Hello smile.png Some pics from week 7 smile.png....

We still have the curl on some top fan leaves but never mind smile.png I discovered you almost need to flush with every feeding to never have any kind of salt build up smile.png She hates any salt smile.png Also she takes drought conditions well, I let her really dry out and no sign of wilting smile.png

W1V0CoJ.jpg

HnPP0PM.jpg

PIle4h4.jpg

yR5cITD.jpg

Sorry about the quality smile.png G x

Nice! Smoked some isolater from Coffeeshop De Kronkel in Nijmegen on the night of May 4th a couple years back, and missed my flight back to the states on May 5th lol.

Had to kick out and extra 250euro for a flight the next day! Strongest stuff I've had to date! That and the Black Widow!

Been lost in Amsterdamn too lol! I wonder who hasn't being a foreigner lol.

But hmm, maybe the Grinspoon might like an organic setup! There aren't any salts involved and no flush necessary!

But looks like the Grinspoon buds aren't gonna be the heirloom look with this pheno huh?

Nice job as always

Nice! Smoked some isolater from Coffeeshop De Kronkel in Nijmegen on the night of May 4th a couple years back, and missed my flight back to the states on May 5th lol.

Had to kick out and extra 250euro for a flight the next day! Strongest stuff I've had to date! That and the Black Widow!

Been lost in Amsterdamn too lol! I wonder who hasn't being a foreigner lol.

But hmm, maybe the Grinspoon might like an organic setup! There aren't any salts involved and no flush necessary!

But looks like the Grinspoon buds aren't gonna be the heirloom look with this pheno huh?

Nice job as always

Amsterdam is the bomb is it :)

Looks like im getting a different pheno than the one in the advertised picture :) I don't mind at all :) I agree with an organic grow :) I may try powder next time though, now I know that she doesn't take much :)

• Like 1

Hey gonz :)

Thats some nice Progress that its done

What temperatures have u got in uf Room? cause she looks a little hot ;)

Greets out the mountains

She is rather hot, the last week or so temps have reached damn near 30*C and she has been right in amongst its all. The others deal with it well but she don't, lol. I assumed that she wouldn't mind the heat with her equatorial origins but no :)

• 2 weeks later...

good to see the budding is still going nicely man! building some nice flowers and when it will fill up i hope it will be big and juicy ;)

Have a good grow

Thanks dude :) She is not a very happy plant most of the time but I will see her through nonetheless :) I am in two minds to flush her and start a sativa powder feeding regime :) She is on Advanced Nutes right now and she doesn't seem to like it :(

A few hairs have been burnt with the heat, it has went to 31*C a couple of times and it has pissed her off. All the others are happy, even my tall Kali Mist sativas are happy :) The Grinspoon is a pain in the arse, lol :) I will attempt her again after my Amsterdam trip and the grow room will be cooler. I will also try powder next time now I have my sativa kits ;)

NKwZARb.jpg

2GQU8G8.jpg

As you can see she don't like warm temps

• Like 1

yeah i've read in your report that she had some little nute problem, but considering that most people i've seen growing it never finished it you're still doing a nice job keeping her alive and budding :D

• Like 1

yeah i've read in your report that she had some little nute problem, but considering that most people i've seen growing it never finished it you're still doing a nice job keeping her alive and budding :D

Thanks man :) She IS alive :) Thats for sure, lol :) in the cooler months and with some sativa powder involved it should do better :) I have 4 more seeds in the fridge ;)

• Like 1

hi,

beautiful sativa as a christmas tree, reminds me a slh

the leaves did the same,after trying different pH, the solution for me :Metrop mam8 ,can be with powdermother

Peace

Thanks dude, she is the saddest thing in the grow room so to hear you say she's beautiful is heartwarming :( Yeah, she dont like the harsh Advanced Nutes, will do some powder next time ;) The resin is appearing and she is starting to look like an actual harvestable lady, lol ;) Also starting to smell a little fruity ;) Its now the end of week 9 I think and its looking a little bit better ;)...

9N83xbq.jpg

HFGQwI7.jpg

l0iYzGF.jpg

YFyoHJa.jpg

• Like 4

She may be sad but that doesn't make her not beautiful :P There is something very alluring about a pheno that unique and pure. Also Gonzo, your's is one of the few I have seen get to this point! In most of the journals either she either dies or they pull her =( It is nice to see her coming along so well. Going to be in for a hell of a smoke once she rippens and cures.

lots of useful info in this thread on the Dos and Donts of Grinspoon Growing :P

• Like 1

Hey gonzo :)

ach she isnt sad at all she looks happy ;)

The leafs got that shape cuz of the overnute especially N . But never mind thats only the shape of the leafs she recovered very well :)

shes just an special girl with some handycaps :D

• Like 1

She may be sad but that doesn't make her not beautiful :P There is something very alluring about a pheno that unique and pure. Also Gonzo, your's is one of the few I have seen get to this point! In most of the journals either she either dies or they pull her =( It is nice to see her coming along so well. Going to be in for a hell of a smoke once she rippens and cures.

lots of useful info in this thread on the Dos and Donts of Grinspoon Growing :P

Thanks dude :) This was a test grow for some sativa knowledge :) You can teach indica growing but in my opinion it takes a certain amount of hands on experience when it comes to sativas :)

I may not get the same pheno next time but I have certainly learned a lot from this plant :) With the Kali's and this lady I will have some knowledge to carry on to the next time :) I am going for some GHSC sativa seeds when I get to the Dam :) Hawaiian Snow is one and maybe Arjans haze #1 so I need the practice, lol :)

Awesome journal. Its really interesting watching a new strain grow. Its nice that folks work out the bugs first before others try to grow it. It helps us all. Thanks

Thanks dude :) I want to become a master grower later in life and these strains test your resolve for sure :)

The only way to know, is to give it a go ;)

• Like 1

Grinspoon's not an easy strain to please as you know bro, and I think she is beautiful!! At week 9 I don't think you could ask for muc more on your first go at her :biggrin: Best of luck I will try and pop in here now to see the finish of one of the most interesting strains out there :)

Peace

• Like 1

Grinspoon's not an easy strain to please as you know bro, and I think she is beautiful!! At week 9 I don't think you could ask for muc more on your first go at her :biggrin: Best of luck I will try and pop in here now to see the finish of one of the most interesting strains out there :)

Peace

Thank you Smokey my friend :) Words of encouragement are an ease on my mind :) She looks to be a quicker finishing pheno than the one we all know and fear, lol :) She looks a bit sad compared to all my other girls, the Kali mist is looking lovely so the sativas are liking the room, just not the Grinspoon :) She may have tested so high for THC because each calyx is exposed and therefore able to grow more trichromes, just a theory :)

• Like 1

Thank you Smokey my friend :) Words of encouragement are an ease on my mind :) She looks to be a quicker finishing pheno than the one we all know and fear, lol :) She looks a bit sad compared to all my other girls, the Kali mist is looking lovely so the sativas are liking the room, just not the Grinspoon :) She may have tested so high for THC because each calyx is exposed and therefore able to grow more trichromes, just a theory :)

My bet is that the Grinspoon goes another 3wks for sure :) And it finishes marvelously :)

Looks like I can see some of those Grinspoon calyx's too! Or am I seeing things? Don't think I am :)

Your house is like a coffeeshop i bet haha. Stains for days :)

My bet is that the Grinspoon goes another 3wks for sure :) And it finishes marvelously :)

Looks like I can see some of those Grinspoon calyx's too! Or am I seeing things? Don't think I am :)

Your house is like a coffeeshop i bet haha. Stains for days :)

Some more words of encouragement are great dude thanks :) Yeah, about three weeks and I could start to flush :) Not that there's much flushing to be done, I've hardly fed her lol :) I always worry when I see red hairs earlier than expected, it has you looking everywhere for hermies :) I don't really know how these pure sativas finish up so it will be interesting :) At least she still stands :) The prospect of a marvellous finish, as you put it, is exciting :) Im glad I just get to smoke something off her :) :) :)

• Like 1

Hello :) I think we are at the end of wk11, I surprised at how well the resin is coming in :) She smells so tangy with a lemony punch, stings the nostrils almost ;) Still on 0.4Ec :) If you look past the curling leaves and slight deficiencies she has quite a few trichromes ;)

6RKzk5Z.jpg

lzx4DVJ.jpg

• Like 6

yeah lol you could say she has got a few trichomes :) And i'm sure during the last weeks they will be even better :D

Thanks man :) I had little hopes for her at the start, it was a 'try and see' strain :) Im pleasantly surprised :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello hunters :)

I have harvested the Dr :) She matured very quickly in week 13 :) I flushed in 7 days, not that she needed much flushing, I hardly gave her any nutes :)

She smells intensely citrusy with a major Super Lemon Haze odour ;) Cant wait to smoke the hazy goodness :) She isnt the prettiest lady but will do the job, lol ;)

These pictures are taken just as I began the flush :)...

8XGKRVV.jpg

2pJhR1u.jpg

ir3VP1X.jpg

zPIM7r2.jpg

• Like 4