What is more beneficial: smoking of vaporizing medical marijuana?

Lisa2525

A couple of weeks ago, my sister started to use marijuana for "the medical purpose" - she suffered from chronic daily headaches because of her new job. Although she never smoked weed before her doctor recommended to try medical marijuana. It did help but my sister worries about the risk of lung cancer. I'm trying to explain there is no risk when she smokes joints. Moreover, she does it only 2-3 times a week. One way or another, one week ago, she stopped using marijuana and her headaches came back. 

I was furious, so I found a couple of articles about vaporizing medical marijuana. It seems to be safer but I know nobody who'd done that.

This is the last article I've read https://vapingdaily.com/smoking-vs-vaping/smoking-vs-vaporizing-marijuana/ but I think it's non-exhaustive. I still have a lot of questions. 

Is weed vaporization really safe? How much will a nice vaporizer and marijuana concentrates cost?

Anyway, who has such an experience? I appreciate any information! 

• Like 1

Hello, 

Whenever you smoke, regardless of whether it is tobacco, marijuana or parsley, toxins harmful to health, tars, etc. are inhaled. This is always carcinogenic.  It does not mean that you are going to have cancer, but  you are smoking carcinogenic substances.

So how can I safely use marijuana? The answer is simple, you can't. However,  we can consume marijuana, and greatly reducing the amount of harmful substances that are consumed.

Currently, the least "harmful" way to consume cannabis is by using a vaporizer at a temperature below 190 degrees centigrade.

Some good vaporizers, to use at home are:

• Volcano
  • Arizer Extreme Q
  •  

Some good vaporizers, portable (mini size):

myghty or crafty

Personally I've tried a lot, but a lot of vaporizers, and most of them are shit. However, these models that I have mentioned to you, stand out because of their great quality. 

Another option is to use cookies or marijuana butter, made from extract (trichomes) and not from vegetable matter (buds). But you know, that the effect takes longer to arrive and also, the effect is much greater than when you smoke or vaporized.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 02.10.2018 at 0:11 PM, Jose.gh said:

Hello, 

Whenever you smoke, regardless of whether it is tobacco, marijuana or parsley, toxins harmful to health, tars, etc. are inhaled. This is always carcinogenic.  It does not mean that you are going to have cancer, but  you are smoking carcinogenic substances.

So how can I safely use marijuana? The answer is simple, you can't. However,  we can consume marijuana, and greatly reducing the amount of harmful substances that are consumed.

Currently, the least "harmful" way to consume cannabis is by using a vaporizer at a temperature below 190 degrees centigrade.

Some good vaporizers, to use at home are:

• Volcano
  • Arizer Extreme Q
  •  

Some good vaporizers, portable (mini size):

myghty or crafty

Personally I've tried a lot, but a lot of vaporizers, and most of them are shit. However, these models that I have mentioned to you, stand out because of their great quality. 

Another option is to use cookies or marijuana butter, made from extract (trichomes) and not from vegetable matter (buds). But you know, that the effect takes longer to arrive and also, the effect is much greater than when you smoke or vaporized.

Cheers! 

Thanks, my friend! How could I forget about brownies? I know, the effect won't be too strong and continuous, but still, it's better than smoking.

Nice one Jose,

I man agree most of these vapourisers are shit, I bought a vaping pen that was supposed to handle herbal material, it was shyte I think I managed to get a couple of decent tokes of vapour, but after that when I managed to get a decent toke it burned the bud, and after a few goes the heating coil mashed up.

A total waste of £45 on a product that was not fit for purpose, I threw it away within a month it was garbage.

You need to spend a bit of money and "invest" in a good quality vapouriser that will be fit for purpose, over time I suppose they will become cheaper, but right now any vapourisers under £100 are low quality products that won't provide good service or last long.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• 2 years later...

@PeterQnn

Hi man i buy a crafty+ 5 months a go and since i only consume my herbs this way.

i was totally surprised by the taste .

For the moment is  The slh x strawBerry banana x bubba kush lmtd wich is really good to smoke.

she taste like honey in the vape and the effect is very relax with a plesant high,  several friends who are very critical on the quality  find it very good.

the crafty + vaporizer works perfectly the charging time is a little long 1h30 and you can smoke 2 bowl with 1 charge for me is enough its small size and is design are top. for maintenance i clean it once in 12h use and taste still really great .

also the use of a vape is more clean for you and your house or car they all stays cleaner when you use it in a car no more ash no more risk of burning the chair or the ceiling for people with a lot of energy.

For me it totaly change the way i use marijuana .

• Like 1

i use a folded credit card to fill it up it's easy.

now if you smoke a lot outside the mighty will be better seen the more powerful batteries or the volcano hybrid if you smoke like a fireplace.

i tried to smoke hash with the crafty and it didn't work.

20201025_100656.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-101012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-101054_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
It has been proven that vaporizing dry cannabis is much less damaging than traditional methods of combustion. At the surface level, since you inhale a substance into your lungs, both practices seem the same, but in reality, smoking and vaping, especially with regard to your health, are extremely different. Heat is the biggest difference between smoking and vaping.   I only smoke the best and this website has top quality products, https://www.topshelfbc.com/.  Smoking uses combustion, which occurs above vaporization at a significantly higher heat. Generally speaking, if you heat dried cannabis herbs above 445 degrees F, they will burn up. Dry cannabis vaporizers work at a temperature that is lower. Medicinal properties are released without the release of negative substances by heating dry herbs at lower temperatures. By using conduction to heat your weeds to the desired temperature, the best vaporizers release the cannabinoids and terpenes, which are then inhaled to produce an effect. The vapor being generated is below the cannabis combustion temperature, so you will only inhale pure vapor and never any smoke. 

Hope this was helpful.
  • Like 1