MellowRose

Sawubona (hello in zulu) from South Africa!!

5 posts in this topic

Hello from Johannesburg, South Africa! I'm here to share ideas and get more acquainted with the 420 lifestyle 😊 and culture ❤  

1 person likes this

Hello MellowRose and welcome to forum!!

It will be great to share with you experiences about cultivation, tips, etc...

What are you growing now?

Cheers! Jose

Hi Jose,

Not growing or cultivating... yet! And still very new to this lifestyle so have some growing to do myself 😊 - excuse the pun 🤣

2 people like this

Welcome Mellow I look very much forward to learning more about your Cannabis experiences

Hi MelloRose. Fellow SA dude here. You growing anything yet? Oops, sorry I see that was asked and answered. Do you have some space in mind to grow in?

A little tip if you are also in Gauteng (I say Gauteng, since I can't speak for other provinces): Outdoors you want to have everything for the season germinated by mid-October or so, leaving you plenty of time to plan until then. If you want the lowest cost for the biggest harvest, I suggest planting directly into the ground and out in the glorious African sun!

If you go that route, you can start in Winter already by deciding your placement and digging your holes (don't be skimpy...I do about 700mm x 700mm x 750mm deep per plant). Now you can prepare your soil/compost/fertilizer  mixture right in the holes. Now your mixture can mellow out and hopefully have some earthworms and other beneficial microbes move in to further improve your soil before the "ladies" arrive!

1 person likes this