Pruning big leaves?

toaor

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm growing in a very small space H1.2m W60cms x D60cms and was thinking about pruning all the big fan leaves as they stop light getting dow the plant and take up room.

Q: How important are those big fan leaves for absorbing light itself?

Q: Should I leave them alone?

Q: Good idea to prune them?

Have a good weekend tokers,

Toaor

http://strainhunters.com/portal/content/white-widow-aeroponic-canna-aqua-120w-led-panel-flowering-18-day

Ok thanks guys, I know they're used for the photosynthesis but some of the older big leaves are degrading anyway so was just wondering how much p[hotosynthesis they'd actually be doing in relation to how much light I would get to the rest of the plant.

I use a simple rule.

Over 50% of the leaf has died, i chop.

And also if i can see a leaf is gonna die no matter what, i chop.

But iam with the group xD its a bad idead as the leaves are used. But moving leaves alittle around to get more penetration is good. Just look you dont get to bushy. Ive had mother aswell as budding plants that got so bushy with leaves that mold came. so i pruned. Also Bonsai growers prune theyre fan leaves and as they say "A bonsai mother is almost like a lawn, you need to trim it firmly".

Hope it was some help, and good luck xD

Ha, never thought of Bonsaiing them ! There's an idea for my next grow might try it with the Lowryder 2's seeds I have.

Anyone had any experience using Bonsai technqiues? I thought they also clipped the roots with Bonsai?

Yes sliver I did only mean the dead and dying leaves not all the good green ones .

Toaor

Guest superbluehaze

Why are the leaves turning yellow? This is what you have to found out is it

too high an Ec level?;

or your watering cycle?

are the roots getting enough oxygen?

if they are wet all the time, not only can they not stay healthy, but alsocannot absorb the elements the plant needs to flower.

too low an Ec level?

do you have a deficiency? is it a nitrogen potasium or magnesium deficency?

if so is it caused through low Ec levels or is it a ph problem?

A picture is worth a thousand words here

happy growing

john

Hi Guys and Girls,

I just did the Monday change of nutes the pH is 5.8 but the EC is high 2.30 !

I'm using Canna Aqua Flores with Rhizotonic and since flowers started showing Saturday before last I've added the Atami Bloombastic.

The nutes and everything are measured out correctly for the size of reservoir where I have 15 liters.

PICT1947.JPGPICT1948.JPGPICT1949.JPGPICT1950.JPGPICT1951.JPGPICT1952.JPGPICT1953.JPGPICT1953.JPGPICT1954.JPGPICT1955.JPG

They're on day 53 from germination and now on day 27/28 of 12/12 light cycle but first pistils of flowers only appeared 8/9 days ago.

The EC normally lowers after a couple of days as Canna is supposed to be self regulating.

Toaor

Yes they are a bit brownish, I'm using Cann Aqua and spraying direct to roots for 5-10 mins every hour, there is a long airstone running 24/7 most of the roots are actually in the nutes solution 24/7 as well, there's only about 10-15 cms between bottom of netpots and nutes.