Guovsahas

So I tested positive with covid-19 and long before I got infected I read about people suffering from smell loss, I became one of those people and I've lost my ability to smell. I really like the smell of weed and hash so it sucks, I've read of people recovering their sense of smell but with changes, certain smells being stronger and/or that it doesn't smell good, it would be such a bummer that when I recover my smell then I might think that weed and hash doesn't smell good. Since smell and taste are connected some can be overwhelmed by flavor and smell. That would be terrible

I've been using my vaporizer for sometime since before I got COVID-19 and perhaps that was a good choice I read that smokers are more at risk so vaporizing is great. When I got covid I had intense fevers, coughing, body aches and intense headaches which felt like my brain was being torn apart so I understand the reason to take precautions. A cousin of mine nearly ended up in respirator and a acquaintance who was a bus driver died from it. So please stay safe, some might be asymptomatic so think about it.

I also want to thank all men and women who are working in healthcare fighting against this virus.

If you've been infected and live to tell the story please do and share any covid related issues

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 2:20 PM, gasmeter said:

@Guovsahas I am glad to hear your OK and I hope your sense of smell and taste return without change.

Walk safe bro

I hope so too, I love the smell of weed and hash, I really love it. Yesterday evening I was watching a documentary about old Stockholm and I could remember smells like spring, summer, autumn and winter.
My ultimate smell test was opening a can of fermented herring called surströmming in Swedish, it has a foul smell and one has to eat it outside but since I couldn't go out I decided to open it indoors and I couldn't smell anything. I just looked at the fermented herring and it looks gross but I couldn't smell anything.

Stay safe out there! This virus is not fun, I had some very intense nights of fever and coughing. I've recovered but I still can't smell and I can only barely taste things.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, Godess_T said:

Hi all!

IMG_20200917_202654_153.thumb.jpg.39d570ec2d06399f639ec4c5259ef6f9.jpg

Peace!!!

I wish I could work from home but I was a essential worker at a construction warehouse so I had to work and so did my partner in crime who is a teacher. We aren't sure who brought it home but once we were infected we knew that it wasn't a ordinary cold or flu.

My partner didn't get that sick but I got very sick, I had high fever for a couple of days, coughing, aching joints and muscles, my partner recovered after 3 days but it took me 14 days to get better.

Stay safe!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was one of the COVID survivors who lost their sense of smell, once I regained my smell the smell of cannabis was too strong, it's very hard to describe but the smell was too pungent. I'm serious it smelled at first too much and I didn't like the smell so I've had to train my nose at the hospital from smelling things like vanilla and rose extract to various sodas and stronger spices as curry powder. My smell is very sensitive so a lot of smells smell "new" and a bit overwhelming.

Fermented herring was probably the worst, I ate it when I had lost my sense of smell but I decided to eat it again once my smell came back and it was like smelling a corpse, I threw up.

Now I've just got to work my smell back so I don't think cannabis smells bad, currently my problem is that when I smell cannabis or hash I think it doesn't smell good. I've got to start from the beginning again

I can imagine that after losing your sense of smell when it returns smells will seem really strong and overpowering or even noxious depending on the type of smell, I hope your sense of smell normalises soon and you can enjoy smells as you did before.

I am also glad both of you have recovered :good: