Africa!!!

kdstanhope

A big hello to everyone from down here in sunny Durban!

looking forward to doing some brain bashing! ho&e I can add to the knowledge &ool

There are so many beautiful wild strains lurking in my neck of the woods, surely some of the other African folks will agree with me there... Viva Sativa Viva!

&S: the letter between O and [ is broken. hence the &.... Too stoned to really care or attemt to o&en u& my la&to& and try and fix it!

&eace!

• 2 months later...

Hey Mate Welcome. You do have a very nice selections of strains out in your neck of the woods. I actually have family not to far from you and i love to visit them every so often. for the price of a 20 bag in the UK i can get a full kilo of swazi lol madness. Have to admit the hydro in SA is getting very good also but the prices are crazy high.

Thumbs up tho for some good old fashion SA sativas tho........ arrrrrrr if only i had a boat :)

Peace

Hey Primz, you're right about the swaz - what it lacks in taste and potency (because it is grown without much care) it makes up in cost. R2 (er... like 50c US) will get you a FAT joint from pretty much any car guard* in the country

As for the hydro situation, I think the cost of the equipment, coupled with the notoriety and novelty of the strains push the prices up artificially. Its only been in the last 5 or so years that "genetic" ganja has gained in popularity and has become readily available.

But outdoor is where its at in my opinion: no helicopters hunting for a bit 'o pot in one's backyard, no electricity bills, beautiful sunshine awesome rain (summer rainfall here in Durbs) and lots and lots of open spaces. Plus outdoor just tastes better! The ONLY problem with outdoor in my town is that there are SO MANY rogue plants, which include males, that sprout up everywhere that pollenation can occur quite easily. I am not kidding when I say that it literally grows on the side of the road.

Loving all the Strain Hunters!!

Peace!

* Car Guards are the result of rampant poverty, crime and unemployment. It is pretty much a dude who stands in the car park and looks over your car and ebout 100 others as a deterant to theiving bastards who keep nicking my car radio. When you leave you "tip" then anywere between R1 and R5 (15-60c US). If you are in RSA and need a smoke, ask a car guard.

Yeah i def agree with you on that i do love the outdoor weed and yeah it has a much beou tter taste if handled with care but ydef have the weather for it over there. i remember staying with my family for about a month now and i remember asking my cuz for a nice big lump of bud to get me through the month i handed him about 20-30£ expecting a very good deal, maybe 30-40g lol......... no no no, he returnes with well over a kilo of bud man. i was like WTF???? then he just smiled and said dont say i never do anything for you lol. Agreed it wasnt of any serious quailty and yeah it did have a fair selection of seed but it was still ok :)

ow and i almost forgot the women....... very very nice my friend lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi kdstanhope

sounds like it grows like a weed xD maybe get a bubblebag and make some hash

shame about everything gettin pollinated :(

Maybe you could build a shed in your garden (check out jay ryans super shed).

He insulated against the cold but the great thing about insulation is it can also keep out the heat. Stick some pv solar panels on the roof & led lights inside and hepa filters on the air intake (filtering out all that nasty pollen).

You could also use double glazed roof instead of solar panels and lights ,i would definately recomend good air extraction.

If the price of hydro weed is such a high price this could pay for it's self in no time attall.

It's easy to make simple hydro set ups , couple of plastic crates(one for reservoir, one for hydro medium) some tubing, expanded clay pellets, an aquairium pump and a timer. There again you can get awsome results with soil grows.

If you use torrent , download "i grow chronic" and let Dr Green show you how to make a simple hydro set up.

what ever you do do have funteeth_smile.gif

• 1 month later...