Dutch Passion's thought on LED & how they affect uptake of nutients

lamsbread

I tell you what is better than LED ; Stolen CFL. Well if siriusly ... Its just so expensive i mean for 1000 £ i can get 20x250w hps here and their balasts it gives me 5000 w pure sun ....
this was a stupid post, you jsut ike to see yuor name on the message list ;)
but go ahead waste your 1000L on 250 HPS, when yyou've done that and realize you fail at life come back read the thread and i am talking about
ONE panel, minimal costs, for a small area..

Hell yeah if led goes down ... I am in but ... Dud wtf 45 w 150 $ - its like a 225 w for 750 $ ...oh hell no ... This is not the meaning of geting cheap ... This. Just means ...get less fucked lol

insult number one.

if i needed to use 225 watts of power i woudln't be using 45 watt panels

again we are still talking about one led panel not many

Flail dear friend ... I didnt mean to make you focus on hps ... But you are forgeting about one thing lol ... Remember now )) ?? ( its cheaper than hps and it doesnt give much heat at all / and it has a great light spectrum - and they are very easy to set up - oh also they got red- blue - day light and some more types - they are energy saver-- the first letter is F guess what it is lol :P )

back pedal number one... also known as CHANGING THE TOPIC

Well hids are litlle dangerous for wardrobe grovers like me ... And the reason why i am a wardrobe grower becase i dont have enough money ... 240 w led panel cousts 750$ ... 1x200 w cfl cost 60$ .... So now you do the math how much 200w cfl you can buy with 750 $ .... And at the end tell me if your 750$ led panel is more efficient or my 200w cfl's....also if you say your plants will be more budy and heavy under 240w led , compaire to 2400 w cfl ... I will say ... Or what ever i wont say anything ..:) .. Except some good congras

i didnt even need to say anything you contradictied yourself in your next post.

Hey its just not right to put 200w cfl and 240 w led in same place to pick one of them.. ?ts like puting 60$ and 750$ in same place to pick lol ....of course 750$ will be better something compeir to 60$.... Dud you say " their peak power spectrum is generally in the lowested used spectrum of photosyntis" well its just not coming too true after all that hps work . And after all this beautifull buds... Beautiful plants ... And one more thing... when i look to the duch passions work the guy got 600w hps work from 300w led ... ?t meas just one thing to me ; there is nothing big deal about led except his too high coust and less heat giving property. And naturally ?t also means to me your 45 w led will be equal to 100w hps ( support light) .. But the thing is 45w led costs 150$ --check how much for 100w hps and its ballast...

FYI $180 = 150 w hps + balist...

Hey cowboy slow your horse there :) .. Budy i am not having anytrouble knowing the great spectrum abilities of leds thats first ...i am saying its expensive ...and i am sayin rightbegining of the article says " Seymour’s original 350 gram from an Automazar was done with 290 watts of power and yet it looked like the result of 600W"" now tell me how the hell 45w led is emmiting spectrum of 400w .. With that math 90 w led = 800 w hid ... And that means seymours auto mazar must have give him 2400 w= ( 600w is giving like) 350gx 4 = 1400 gr lo

no your talkign about how CFL are better...

you must be confused.. I know we are..

I post it because i wanted you guys to not buy that 225 shit ... And i dont denide it lol .. You just wrote some long article and you say i denide the leds !!!! great ... Like i post 2 times before this i am repeating again I KNOW HOW BEAUTIFUL LED SYSTEMS... But i guess you are repeating this words with your long writen post to take me some underpresure ... Well keep it like this way ... Keep wrting long articles .. and keep saying i denide From beginig i said cfl and hps is cheaper than led systems i still say every thing i sad ... Cfls useable spectrum 15% up to ... And hps goes to 30% ( and hps spectrum gets better by order from 100w to 600w and 1000 doesnt have anything different from 600w except his lumen thats a fact).... As a student i have used and will use HPS and CFL i own them joy ... I do defend them ... And i say they are cheaper that your rich ass led panel ... Also one more thing i hope you get your 45 w led panel and show me ... If it gives like 400w hps ... Like you guys keep repeating ... The guy used 300 w led and got 600w hps work ...lol If you are trying to be the hard boy ... Dont try on me

this is how you brought the challenges on yourself.

stop backpedalling and cough up the valid INFO

Guest delicious

Fail you just copied and pasted every post i gave :D ... Very logical slayt show ... Please just fuck off .. Wtf are you doing ... Come to yourself ...

You are not even capable of we are agreeing in one point ... But your so fucked up with your winin some competition complex .. You make me remember the teenager boys who is talking about education..

YOUR POSTS MAKE NO SENSE!!!!!

no one understands them,

So how about you do us all a favor and go to sleep....

indefinatly.

oh P.s.

Thank you very much AGAIN for proving me right again and again and again.

so NO i will not fuck off, I am hear to stay as long as people still keep requesting my guides and assistance.

how many requests do you get?

big man now arn't you? trying to belittle me by using a horriblie missspelled turn that many people suffer from each year?

what right do you have to use that term in redicule?

Are you mental stable? or are you holding on the edges of sanity eveyr day you wake up?

So thank you for giving me EVEN more purpose to be your ABSOLUTE WORSE NIGHTMARE

Your mama must be proud of you.....

there is no complex here, seriosuly.

I'm here on this forum teach what i know, I came to learn but that doesn't seam to be the case now is it..

you come blabbing shit that will misguide people, get your fucking head straight, learn some fucking grammer.

go ahead READ ALL YOUR FUCKING POSTS, not once have i dis agreed that they are exspensive.

my point was there are panels available that are for small gardens that are AFFORDABLE.

and you've been cluttering up this thread with your textile dihrrea, talking in circle and insulting other members.

so have a nice evening, I know I am. Sorry but its not my bed time yet ;)

you HAVE to put upwith me until i do... unles you'd rather leave the site..

Guest Da-Collie-Man

ow i got tired of reading this argument

so i only read 1st 2 pages

if u think u r growing quality weed with cfl's for your bloom room u r sadly mistaken

Guest delicious

Colli hey ...

i had been defensive about HPS and CFL ... i ment to defend not to throw shit on LEDs.

i really would like to say how tired i am to tring to explain ,,, ok will be speaking only to you

so hope under 15 years olds wont jump in ,,, i can understand why bozoph was with this failer ( look

please to post 7) but please read the posts i send and you will see .... i did not say anything bad about

LEDs great abilty of spectrum emiting percent ,,LEDs are next ...i know ... what i said was it was too

expensive.... and there is a change to make the situvations equal with taht much money between led

and hps or cfl but sure-- i know that LED is THE best .... even if you dont want to look all the damn posts

...just look my post 25# how i shortly say what i mean.... and than look justin biebers 27# post as a answer...

. my mistake is . i didnt know i was speaking with some teenager. ..just look at the posts ,,, all his frazzling ambition to win a

challenge which is created to show how kind of nightmare he is ) thank you ... i am just sad for this helpfull post of limbs ...

why do u not understand me . all i seid is and i quote is "cfls while cheap dont have the reach to grow big plants. this is coming from someone who has used cfl for preveg for more than 3 years. also if there is a 45w led that is compairable to 400W for the same price im all for it."

sorry lams for all the bickering.

Thank you natas & Rome for your your input i agree with both of your comments. This thread was started as a place were we can look at what is and may be possible with new lights and how they may effect growth, nutritional uptake and what savings there may be had on our electric costs.

Mapleleaf-flail you picture/avatar cracks me up everytime i see it.:D

The argument decended in to something a bit to personal to be helpful to people.

I will be starting a new thread as soon as i have compiled enough data to answer as many questions as i can from the get go.

I will provide statistical data , graphs and explanations of the latest lights on the market along with useful web sites to reffer to.

The task a head will take me a while but i am hoping to provide in depth information that will help people understand the information at hand & so be of use when it comes to deciding what light to by now or in the future.

When looking at new types of lights to buy i would recommend first looking at any grows using that type of light in the forums here @ strainhunters & asking questions in those posts or even PM the author.

Check other forums such as "auto flower network", "green passion", "roll it up" to mention a few.

Google is useful, try searching 90W led Grow, 120W led grow, 200W Induction grow light etc. It is all about how you search , try different combinations of words to get the best results.

As for LED not all UFO lights are shoddy, though there are many cheap copies that don't do the job. "pro source" are reputable company that make decent LED UFO's that have forum post on other sites.

Ebay(uk) sell triband LED 120W for £120 this is not such a bad price for now. (price will fall in time) There are several growers here on the forums using these 120W panels.

There is also refocusing tech starting to appear in LED light which refocus wasted light and make them more efficient.

LED panels may not be the best for growing tall plants, using them for scrog where all the flower growth is at the same level is ok.

Horses for courses, with different lights come different ways of growing.

Different lights also suit different spaces, some people have small stealth grows and others have tall grows in big rooms.

For some people heat is a problem for others electric costs is thier main concern, whereas a commercial grower may want to minimize the work they need to do, because they already have enough to do as it is.

I really would like people to have a look at "induction lighting" it is cool (ie it doesn't get hot) energy efficient and has a life of 100 000 hours, that double what led can do.Why not check it out (google it or youtube it).

Youtube is your friend,what ever light you look at you is bound to have a video. You wont always get the info you want first time but keep looking and googling.

I found this site helpful when it comes to LED info http://www.myhydroponicgardening.com/2011-best-led-grow-light-review/

Peace to all brothers and sisters

Lams :)

Guest Da-Collie-Man

i am not a fan of led's at all...i dont think the tech is there yet

i was just agreing with the fact that i grow with t5's...and my opinion is the ony place they are good is in veg

there are people blooming with them....in my opinion u r not getting even half the plants [potential if using in bloom

Guest Da-Collie-Man

why are u on this sit delicous...just to argue

ive onlly seen u on here a couple times in the last month and u dont have anything to bring to the table but DRAMA

there are alot of us here tring to help 1 another

i geuss some people like to make others fell like failures in order to feel better about themselves

have a nice day

P.S. please dont comment on my threads i dont need the negativity

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I use only LEDs, I have 2 x 120 watt panels, one quad band one triband and have never used any other form of lighting.

I decided to buy LEDs panels mainly because of heat as I'm growing in a tiny cupboard.

Everything I've grown has grown well in veg and then in flower, myonly real observation is that the flowering time seems to take a week or two longer than seed companies quote.

Example:

Ice Dream - GHSC quote 9 weeks flowering time, I am currently at week 10 and they are still not quite ready with most of pistils still white and the Trichomes either clear or cloudy with very few amber.

My average temp is between 25-28c with average humidity around 40-45%, I can't get it any higher, it goes up a bit after a feed but that's the average most of the time.

I use Canna Terra, Rhizotonic and Bloombastic nutes in B'cuzz Kilomix soil in 3L Air Pots.

I think the technology will without doubt increase, the LEDs will get bigger 5, 7 and 10 watts I'm sure. The prices will come down like they do with everything else in techonolgy, they've already come down a bit since I bought mine just over a year ago.

One of the problems with prices is the weight and shipping !

They weigh more than your average HPS bulb and reflector so shipping is more expensive pro rata when doing comparison with other bulb technology.

I just went to look for prices on Alibaba and noticed this manufacturer is using 5watt chips

http://growlightjcx.en.alibaba.com/product/500835550-212900077/60_5W_LED_Grow_Lights_5W_LED_Lights_for_Growing_Plants_3_years_warranty.html

If you can be bothered to buy direct from Chinese factories you will save yourself a fair bit of money.

Best wishes one and all,

Toaor

• Like 1