absolute newbie needs advice

kaner

i found a few seeds in a bag of a nameless strain that a friend of a friend of a friend etc bread from orange bud crossed with super silver haze, guy is very stingy with cuttings etc because he wants to keep his strain for himself..(i understand why, it has a almost completely sativa smell and flavor but the buds are massive and have the prefect consistency like the best indicas)

anyway i was very surprised that both seeds popped and i currently have two nameless strains growing in my kitchen (glass roof, big windows, basically a green house) as well as 1 auto bio diesel mass...

i need advice on the following..

is the quality of auto flowers affected by growing outdoors as apposed to under lights? im aware i might only get about 4gs growing autos in London but as long as its cronik that's fine by me!!

would i be better off forcing the two bag seed plants to flower by covering with a cardboard box 12 hrs after sunrise every day, or waiting all summer for them to flower naturally? (im not too worryed about them not finishing due to cold etc in autumn because there inside with nice central heating and stuff!!)

any advice would be much appreciated x

Hi man, the strain of your friend sound nice and i'm gld your 2 seeds popped ^^

for your auto, to get as much as possible from her, try to find the higher pot that you have, you don't care it it's not really wide, auto's root grow mainly verticaly. As for the quality, normally outdoor growing gives you a better quality, the word better might not suit really well, it's diferent, some grower will say it's better outdoor, some will prefer indoor, but anyways the terpenes development and trichomes development can vary from indoor to outdoor.

For your 2 regular seed, i would keep them growing naturally, try to put them in the biggest pot you can and if you get enough direct sun by day, they can make very nice plants ;)

Good luck man

• Like 1

thanks luck is what im gonna need alot off :)..

i think i kinda messed up the pot the auto is in is kinda small and it is fully flowering as we speak, as far as i understand its to late to re-pot once the auto has started flowering?..

i still have a few auto seeds left to pop but i wanna keep it to a minimum of 3 plants (personal use and all that!)..

from your description i imagine a 2L drink bottle with the top cut off and wholes in the bottom would be a good DIY pot for an auto??

thanks again!

Yeah if she started flowering already your fuc**d :rabbi: You'll know for next time ;)

Your idea of the bottle is not bad, i would make holes on the bottle everywhere and make wrap some black adhesives around it or anything to hide the light. I don't know if it would be High and wide enough tho, i think a little higher and wider would be good. But try it man it's the only way to find out, and if it works i'm sure a lot of growers will do it ;)

is the quality of auto flowers affected by growing outdoors as apposed to under lights? im aware i might only get about 4gs growing autos in London but as long as its cronik that's fine by me!!

would i be better off forcing the two bag seed plants to flower by covering with a cardboard box 12 hrs after sunrise every day, or waiting all summer for them to flower naturally? (im not too worryed about them not finishing due to cold etc in autumn because there inside with nice central heating and stuff!!)

Hey kaner!!

All strains, autoflowering or not, have richer terpenes profiles wen growing with Sunlight, nothing can't beat the Sun ! :beach:

The first basic need of growing outdoor either in a green house, in a garden, in a terrace or in the wild is direct Sunlight at a minimum of 4hours a day in the flowering period, so the plants can be able to flower properly!

About forcing flower check the pot size you'll need if you go the whole way until just harvesting in Autumn (you'll need bigger pots then 2L for all those months) and choose between one of the two options. One or the other will give you harvest in the end. Forcing them to flower is a power you have, so its up to you to see if you want bigger plants, since if you wait until natural flowering time they will become bigger plants until then and it will rise the final yield aswell!

Take care

Id force flower the bag seeds through august then by september you should be able to leave them to it, if they are very long flowrers start the "force" earlier !

As for the auto you should have them in a bucket atleast, you can "tier" another smaller pot (or a squash bottle) into a bucket buy cutting the bottom off which will give you more hieght for the roots.

In my opinion sun and soil produce the best flavours and tastes by far ! Unfortunately not the best for yields - not in the uk anyway

• 1 month later...

time for an update guys and girls :)

the auto has been picked and dryed but it was worthless, looked good but no power at all, i will be sticking with the real deal from now on...

my two bag seeds are another story, i was just feeding them rain water and a bit of bat shit and worm casings and some egg shells scattered every few weeks up until i started bringing them into darkness every day on the 1st of june, partly because they were getting massive and partly because they without doubt sativas so will need longer to finish, anyway since then i have been adding a few drops of critical mass and auto bomb to the rain water and they seem to be loving it!

they have been in 12/12 for 32 days and look great :))

post-9907-0-56394200-1343919643.jpg

post-9907-0-48114200-1343929394.jpg

• Like 3

yeah for years now in my area every 4-6 weeks we get a big batch of the dankist dank in the world but neverNEVER any cutting or seeds, apparently its super silver haze x with orange bud and its the best! no one has ever found any seeds, apart from me :)

im soo lucky they both popped let alone were both female.. beginers luck i suppose :)

i lost intrest in the auto once i started bringing the big plants indoors 12 hrs before sunrise, then back out again once the sun has gone down..

didnt take any pictures of the auto but it looked as you would expect and smelt quite nice once before cut but lost most of its smell once dryed, just seemed like smoking fake weed.. noo kick and only slight taste :(

gutted about the end auto product, ive never grown or smoked that strain but generally autos are weaker than photoperiods when it comes to "knockout blows" ! but they do make your high grade go further!

Jolly good show with the sativas

• 2 weeks later...

i shall begin this update with my brecky :)

so it seems i am being punished for boasting of my beginners luck as one of my girls has decided it is wants to be a lady boy, typical thais haha!

it must have happened so quickly because i hadn't seen any bananas atall, and was getting very excited as she was so beautiful, pink pistals and sexy as fuck! and then BANG! seeds and narnas everywhere :(.. anyway i suppose i now will have hundreds of seeds with good genetics to work with and maybe even donate to a good cause, :).. the second girl seems to be staying seedless for now but im having something bad happening on 1 or 2 buds, does anybody recognize this? there going brown and look a bit nasty..pic 1: bananas on the lady-boypic 2: seeds on the lady-boypic 3: manky brown buds pic 1pic 4: manky brown buds pic 2pic 5: my breakfast :)

post-9907-0-78591600-1344771795.jpg

post-9907-0-35221300-1344771822.jpg

post-9907-0-37156500-1344771989.jpg

post-9907-0-99563300-1344772003.jpg

post-9907-0-66063600-1344772125.jpg

• Like 1

that is the only way breakfast should be done :)

my problem with the plant that is still seedless is getting worse HELP!

the 3rd and 4th pics on my last post is how the problem looked at first and its getting worse..

does anyone recognize these symptoms??thanks alot, good luck with your grows x

post-9907-0-85043400-1344855692.jpg

post-9907-0-69980200-1344855701.jpg

post-9907-0-12297800-1344855711.jpg

post-9907-0-82870700-1344855727.jpg

post-9907-0-11059400-1344855741.jpg

post-9907-0-75230500-1344855752.jpg

post-9907-0-06716200-1344855771.jpg

post-9907-0-41052500-1344855788.jpg

theres lots of bat shit and worm casings mixed in with my soil and lots of egg shells too, other than that they have been getting just pure rain water, on 4/5 occasions during the 3rd/4th weeks i gave them slightly less that than the stated measurements off plant foods, one called flower bomb, one called critical mass and one called fruit bloom mixed in with the rain water but have given them a few waterings with just the rain water again because me feeding them coincided with lots of seeds and narna appering on one of my two girls..

anyway the browning is only happening in a few areas 90% of the bud still looks good and there is quite a few weeks to go, my trics are still clear as glass so im just gonna keep an eye on them and if it spreads im just gonna have to chop her down early and loose some bud, :(

i cant be to

Yeah i don't really know what it could be neither, are the brown part crispy? on the buds too?

You say you give rainwater, do you modify the ph before giving it? Perhaps it's a ph problem.. ^^

Have a good grow man ;)