Himalaya Gold - a landrace ?

Bam-Bhole

Would really like to know if Arjan brought home the seeds from this awesome smelling, nice yielding and hitting strain from his journeys ? Must be nice to smoke it in it's natural environment.

Are the genetics unchanged or was it crossed with another Himalya plant ?

Any inside info welcome !

Highly recommended strain imo.

people love it, esp, the smell ! Aroma is as nice Old school sweet Sensi as can be. Even some jamaican Sensi smelled a bit like this girl here.

Maximum respect to Green House for bringing this stain to us .

Must try her outdoors one year !

In fact it is a cross of a Nepalese and a Kerala (southern India mountains) plant. I think the neplalese plant/seed was hand collected by a Strain Hunter - seed finder had a report of how the plants looked up in the high regions of the Himalaya.

hey bam this is one of the few strains i also have questions about i can tell you tho i am pretty sure that green house seed company doesent sell any just straight landrace strains . the only info i can find on this strains is that the genetics are Nepalese X North Indian, and that arijan in the grow sessions video does say it is a strain he took back from his travels years ago so my guess is that he obtained north indican genetics and then later crossed it with the nepalese.

thats just my guess tho ether that or he uptained the hole strain on his exposition and then stabilized it back in holland anyways here is the grow sessions video the gold

in it at the begining he says he took it back from his travels a long time ago

http://www.growhd.tv/video/Himalaya-Gold--grow-video/77854c8071993a1c31ceba2d7c8276a7

it wont let me add the link for some reason but yeah if you go to growhd.tv in the grow sessions video and click on the himalayan gold at the beginning of the video aryjan says he obtained this strain on his travels, but i dont believe it is a landrace strain , i am pretty sure non of the strains from green house seeds are just landrace strains on there own or you would see like IBL beside the strain (inbred line) but chances are he used a local strain maybe the nepalese was added to give the plant a little more height and yeild or something maybe added stablity who knows really?

i have a bunch of questions about green house strains i wish they would make like exstensive reports about each strain like how the obtained the genetics where they came from a little back ground info because the only way to really find out anything about the strains online takes alot of digging watching promotional videos and articles and siving threw loads of bullshit rumors and at the end your only left with some fact and alot of speculation that's why i would be interested in having a catalog with exstensive information on each strain and the plants that make up the strain.

but i guess thats asking alot considering that the actual genetics of each strain was only resonantly published but it would be nice to know more about the genetics we all love so much

• Like 1

Well I am pretty sure it is Indica dominant that means he picked the seeds in Nepal, where he found this plants shimmering outside of a lodge in the moonshine.

Then in holland he crossed it with Kerala Sativa seeds.

The result is a leafy great outdoor strain with a very sweet aroma ad a hash-like/Indica high...

The aroma immediately reminds me of jamacan weed Old school Sensi that is.

Not very surprising when we know that most ganja came from india in the first place when thousands of indian workers moved from their country to jamaica - both part of the british empire. they brought the seeds and coined the name GANJA for marihuana. a couple seeds may have come with african slave ships , but def. not many. The poor slaves had nothing but their naked bodies to bring with them...

The biggest step towards the typical jamaican Sensi came when the Panama Canal was built and thousands of jamaicans went to Panama to earn some money and mix with people from all over the carribbean sea and middle/south america.

Panama Red was a local landrace and strains from Colombia and Mexico were brought along from workers.

I am sure they did a lot of trading and exchanging samples and thereby adding foreign genetics to the pre-dominently indian landrace that had started to conquer the island. These indian genetics are very dominant and give the good good sensi it's unique lovely sweet and tasty flavour. The auto bomb got some of these characteristics as well. Unforgettable aroma, whenever I smell it I recognize this.

Never smoked authentic Kerala sativas, so i am not sure wether that aroma is Himalayan or tropic Kerala sativa style. But since White Widow is a cross rom Brazil and south india I guess it is NOT the Kerala sativa but a mountain Inica

BTW In nepal and Kashmir grow some sativa hash plants, too that give that deep meditation GONG beaming you miles from reality !

• 2 weeks later...

bam i came across a site that seems pretty decent with its strain cataloging each strain has a lot written about it, below i will post what they had to say about the himalaya gold.

Himalaya Gold

[Green House Seed Company]

Indicaont='Trebuchet MS', ', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif} ']

Origins - Nepal x North Indiafont='Trebuchet MS', ', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif} ']

Flowering - 55-65 days

The Himalayan mountain range separates the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan plateau. it is home to the planet's highest mountains, stretching across six countries with its dramatic contrasts of icy peaks and alluvial plains. This region, not far from the proposed origins of cannabis itself, is home to some fine landrace cannabis strains. The parents of the Green House Himalaya Gold originate in the Himalayan-bordering countries of Nepal and North India. These combined indica strains produce a fast growing plant with choco-smelling buds and a strong mellow high.

Himalayan Gold is well adapted for indoor or outdoor environments and can be finished by the end of September in south Europe when started in March. This rapid grower is very branchy, so much so that untamed branches tend to compete with the main cola. The Himalayan Gold plant works best as a trained multi-branch plant or in a screen of green setup; sea of green limits its potential.

Himalaya Gold's buds are elongated cattails, with a tight structure of indica chunkiness. These plants can become impressively large and prodigious yielders. Indoor plants tend to finish at around 4-5 feet, but outside, they become giant bushes or small trees, getting as tall as 8 feet. The chocolate aromas of this plant carry over in the dark flavors of its buds, with sweet and spicy edges of coffee and a hint of pepper, wood, and floral sweetness.

This all-indica treasure is a stoney pot that hits the legs before it reaches the head. It has the potential to be a lazy, couchlock, snackfest buzz. It may bring out or enhance your inner procrastinator, so better to smoke when putting off until tomorrow is truly an option. Take pleasure in the relaxing bodily effects. This is a fun strain for playing videogames - the meditative, puzzle Tetris tpe, not the shoot 'em up variety. because of the easy growing characteristics, tempting aroma and flavor, and potent effect, this strain is great for medical users looking for pain relief, including those with MS or insomnia. Himalaya Gold can also really dial down the stress level.

the website is called the marijuana strain library and here is the link :

]http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/himalaya-gold.html

• 1 year later...