EC when Flushing with solutions

ivankov

Im using florakleen to flush my plants the last two weeks. Now it takes the EC to about .48 ish with my tap water. Franko suggests flushing in ec of .9-1.1. So is the florakleen good enough? Even though it wont take my EC that high?

DWC setup.

sorry can't help really on that i never used any product to flush the plant i only put my nutes on low doses ^^

Hope someone will be able to answer your question, but i would say that it will do it ;)

Good luck

Hey man, I think Franco meant to flush with "0.9-1.1" only in weeks 3-6. In the weeks just before harvest I would go with feeding fresh water and some molasses or even a tsp of honey for some extra sweetness :)

Enjoy your harvest dude :)

G

I've never personally tried honey but I can say molasses in the last few weeks (or even from start to finish) will increase the bud density. It may have been grower improvement but my buds were bigger with the molasses. I'm considering using honey from the start, straight through to the last two weeks and then switch to molasses. Honey has amazing properties that can be hugely beneficial for your girls. It also depends on the medium your using, soil or hydro, organic or chemical. Anyway I'm in danger of rambling sorry, I'm not an expert but extra sugar at flowering time is a good thing :)

I've never personally tried honey but I can say molasses in the last few weeks (or even from start to finish) will increase the bud density. It may have been grower improvement but my buds were bigger with the molasses. I'm considering using honey from the start, straight through to the last two weeks and then switch to molasses. Honey has amazing properties that can be hugely beneficial for your girls. It also depends on the medium your using, soil or hydro, organic or chemical. Anyway I'm in danger of rambling sorry, I'm not an expert but extra sugar at flowering time is a good thing smile.png

No no keep rambling its knowledge. Does molasses raise the EC lots? And any issues with it in DWC? Ive never tried honey, now Im curious to see what would happen. I wonder how much to put in?

As long as it's unsulphered molasses it won't. Blackstrap molasses is the best - eBay :)

Molasses and honey will crystallize and possibly clog up small tubing and pumps in your setup if used over the whole grow but if only used for the last two weeks I'm sure it won't leave too much residue. It would require regular reservoir cleaning etc but the benefits are good :)

Honey has some sort of antiseptic/healing qualities. It's hygroscopic which means it naturally draws moisture from the air giving a strong argument that it would be a beneficial coating for your DWC rootzone. It's also antibacterial and can prevent disease. Could protect against root gnats? I don't know I'm just speculating. A teaspoon every couple of gallons can't hurt :) people have said to use 1tsp every gallon but I usually half doses and observe for a few days.

Molasses has something called chelate which help your plant break stuff down and feed on the nutrients. It's more beneficial in organic soil setups for the microbial 'party' that goes on in the roots. Soil or hydro, molasses will increase overall bud size :)

told you I can ramble...lol :)

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure what it does, lol :D I paid a heap for it aswell. I know what it's supposed to do but I'm not sure how it does it :) I think it may deposit extra sugars (natural ones) in the sweet leaves. Maybe gives it the ability to produce more of its own sugar. When you dry and cure don't trim the small leaves off until after you've hung it up because the sugars are transported into the bud in an attempt to keep it alive during this process, giving sweeter buds. Can't imagine it changes the whole taste.

Anyhoo, the guy in the store said bud candy smelt so sweet you'd wanna drink the shit but when I got it home - no smell. Did some digging online and Advanced Nutrients have removed the molasses due to a few bottle explosions. Sugar reacted with something, I don't know :D

Anyway, it's got water soluble magnesium in it and since I never used cal/mag it's really helping keep away those purple stems :)

Also, found out that molasses doesn't directly benefit your plant. It just feeds the micro-organisms that transport nutes to the roots :)

• 3 weeks later...