Buying a PH meter, Buy only 7.01 calibration?

popskiller

Hey guys! buying the Hannah PH HI 98107 and also am going to purchase the 7.01 calibration solution. My question too you guys is do I need the electrode storing solution or any other calibration solutions? Thanks!

here is the model:

post-18727-0-60642000-1355419302.jpg

here is the buffer solution:

post-18727-0-20588800-1355419359.jpg

here is the electrode storage solution:

post-18727-0-96599400-1355419410.jpg

Is this a Good brand/model?

hey man, if you have demineralized water it will work as storage solution, the PH7 too as long as you soak your PH meter in water before using it to clean it ;) Try yo not keep it dry or your sensor will kind of moist really fast, it still works after but i guess it needs more calibration than a clean one ;)

For the calibration, i have same as you but genreation before this one, but i guess the inside is still the same, they advised me to calibrate with PH 4 solution, and control the calibration with PH 7 afterwards, they told me to do this cause it seems some PH meters can have little troubles calibrating on Neutral PH, so anything under or above 7 to calibrate should work but often it's PH4 you will find, that's what i use ^^

Good luck man ;)

• 1 month later...

no the storage solutio is a waste of money. ive ruined pens with it in fact. just keep a cap o them. ive had many diff pens and never use storage stuff and never had an issue from it ever

youalso onlyneed that 7 cal solutio. the 4 and 10 are not needed cause we dont need to be that fussy on final ph

sure just our plants arent that fussy to be a must. if we grow below 7 we use 4 also if needed and if we grow abve 7 we use the 10 also..if needed or choose to. ive had some salesmen say all 3 are a must and have to use their products..and thats not true...using 4 sets the second decimal more accruatl so we dont need to go that deep into ph. not harming if people want to though