Please help identify and solve problem...

SantaBuds

hey guys!

i'm having a little problem with this strain... i've flowered it once, and i got the same problem and by the end of flowering it was pretty bad.. now it's happening again.... it's been identified as nutrient burn before, but i really don't think that was the case... and it was identified as a K deficit as well... which is more probable to be... well anyway.. its starting to happen again and i'm getting worried...

so please guys, have a look and let me know what u guys think.... btw, it's a NYC Diesel clone genetic i got from a friend... not sure if it's the real deal but who knows...

thanks for your attention,

Santa Maria.

post-15542-0-00254200-1357078450.jpg

post-15542-0-90550800-1357078456.jpg

post-15542-0-11060200-1357078466.jpg

like fuzz said i think it could be from the PH too, tell us what PH you use and what EC you give them, they seem to be fed properly so don't think it's due to the ec but more to problem to get the nutes in the soil.

What medium is it?

Good luck man

definitively is a water pH problem, and an overfeeding problem, curling leafs and deficiency's like nitrogen deficiency starting to build up.

Flush the coco, stop adjusting pH and EC... just follow the powder feeding dose, and the week on, week off regiment.

hope it helps, for me it works this way :)

like fuzz said i think it could be from the PH too, tell us what PH you use and what EC you give them, they seem to be fed properly so don't think it's due to the ec but more to problem to get the nutes in the soil.

What medium is it?

Good luck man

hey brothers... first of all, thanks for the help... i appreciate your time...

the medium is sunshine mix and perlite.... it's inert... i didn't add anything else on this medium... my ph meter always gives me 7.0... i try to keep it at 6.0 or 6.3.... fuzzy mentioned something about not trying to set a ph... just using whatever the nutes will lower themselves on my 7.0 ph water...

some other friend also said the possibility of the lights being too close, but if that was the cause i think the top of the plant would burn....

i have some other plants on coco that are also getting weird.. i'll post the pics now.....

post-15542-0-50398800-1357141722.jpg

post-15542-0-76601400-1357141730.jpg

post-15542-0-54627100-1357141737.jpg

yeah for the coco girls i think you should flush them too, on't know if you should keep the PH at 7 for them tho, don't know how cocowould react to that i know they prefer lower PH more around 6 like you were doing.

For the first lady try fuzzy's method might help her get better :) and a good flush too and no nutes for some days i think.

Good luck man

ok guys, for the plants in the bottom ( plants that are verging ) i flushed them with plain water, which ec is 0.2 ... also used the water ph as it was... after calibrating extensively the ph meter, i got tap water at 6.1, 6.2 ... so i used that for the flush..

it had an ec of 2.4 when i measured the first runoff...

now what should be the procedures?

damn 2.4 think they'll like the flush ^^

Now that you flushed them let them dry as long as you can, until pots are light enough and start the nute again on average dosage and see what they ask for

Good luck man hope they'll all like it ;)

• Like 1

damn 2.4 think they'll like the flush ^^

Now that you flushed them let them dry as long as you can, until pots are light enough and start the nute again on average dosage and see what they ask for

Good luck man hope they'll all like it ;)

yeah it was quite high for them... they seem much better after the flush, they didn't recover but it seems it's stabilized...

thanks bro.. peace!

It looks to me as if the roots need air. Without access to oxygen, the roots can not stay healthy and absorb nutrients - hence the deficiencies in the plant.

How often do you water? And it is really important to let the plants dry right out after the flush.

The Ec from the flush was quite high at 2.4., so it could also be that this has caused the deficiencies. But I think the roots need more air and that means you need to let them dry out more between watering.

take car

john

• 2 weeks later...

your first plants are starved., and always ph food and water ad use the same ph always to. their burning and hsowing ugly from lack of food, your either not feedin enough, ph is out, or your wet/dry timing is off.

your second show wet/dry issues to with down droop on the leaves says to wet, loss o2 at roots, or to humnid of room conditons

for me 2.4 isnt bad at all for run off ec...what have you een feeding at for an ec. if its lower than 2.4 then ya its to hot. ...what was the ph of run off..low?

he says 1.4 is hi for him but ill bet hes using organic and that wont read true til broken down. so for organic 1.4 is a full feed then. you should also dilute the ph solution with clean water prior to addin it or can cause elements to drop out. if you see a blue cloud when addin it tats ellements binding and dropping out...not good

Your plants are showing the symptoms of having no oxygen at the root zone. It could be that you are watering them too often.

The roots need oxygen to stay healthy. Without it, the roots can not absorb nutrients or stay healthy. Plants display strange deficiencies, but soon recover once

air is restored to the root zone. Water displaces air in the medium.

Have you checked the roots to see that they are healthy.

Also your pots look very small, it is possible that your plants are root bound.

john