Medicinal cannabis...fron indica or sativa?

Gonzo

Hello and thanks for your interest...

I am doing a university thesis on medical cannabis and try inherent material.

Specifically in this post, I wanted to know what kind cannabis was mostly used in the preparation of medical cannabis, or if it was possible to use both.

Then if anyone can help in the search for material is welcome, thanks so much!!!!

if by material you mean weed you will not find any on the forum ^^ a,d it is forbidden to trade weed and seeds on the forum anyway ;) But if by material you mean infos, then yes you will find a lot of material on medical cannabis around here ^^ Some very nice articles and discussions between the members.

To answer very quickly to your question, and vagly, because you will find more detailed answer in the other threads. For example for cancer patient or people that suffer of tumors or things like this, we most of the time are looking for High CBD strains, CBD beeing one of the cannabinoid present in our weed and which has the most efficient properties for those kind of patients. CBD can be find in all the strains, i don't think we could say Sativas are better for CBD than indica etc. it is the whole cannabinoid profile that is interesting, one strain might suit better on one person but it doesn't mean this strain will be more efficient for everyone.

For patient that are looking more for pain releaf etc, we usually see them go more toward the indica side of the plants and it is often plants that have pretty high THC content, is it related or not i don't know i don't have the knowledge to affirm this. You will find some threads in the forum where people discuss abou which strain was efficient for them etc. try to find them and make your own results out of it for your thesis ;)

good luck hope you'll find many things

Well most of all Cannabis has some effects, that are basically universal to all strains. Helps with sleep disorder/insomnia and/or appetite. If you look for further effects many stronger Indicas + Kushes are muscle relaxers and help deling with pain but then all good marihuana esp. trippy Sativas give the user a fresh perspective so he can tolerate hunger and heat for example more relaxed. It often also helps with acute psychotics, Some will get in a better mood and laugh a lot.

All these effects are typical for Cannabis just in various grades. It depends on things like CBD, CBO or CBN plus many other ingredients which specific characters are stronger with a certain type/strain of marihuana.

Some seedbanks try to create medicinal marihuana with Cannabinoids nearly as strong as the THC.(Mr. Nice Royal Queens Seed amo). That stuff will get you less stoned but the uplifting effects are stronger and other aspects vary with each strain. These strains are often made with crosses, that always include a certain mexican Sativa the Juanita ia Lacrimosa..