Help sexing and strain if possible?

El skippa

Hello guys. :) I wrote in a bit back about me having some bag seed. Ive had them growing fine for the past mth and a half now. All outdoor and ive just recently made a greenhouse (nothing too special, just a frame of about 1.5 m by 1 m) ive just noticed that the larger of the two im growing may have a ball but I cant tell at this stage. I also topped the larger one yesterday. Im going to upload photos for you guys to look at. hopefully I can upload from my phone. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply mykol. Not in bloom just as yet but today I noticed that little ball? Hope it shoots a pistol soon!! Also I noticed that I may have posted this in the world cup outdoor forum? Sorry if I did admin but my phone is a tad hard to use atm. Could someone please move it to the propper area if so. Thanks. Also mykol do you see the ball that im talking about in the close up shot? Hope I can work out what sex it is asap. Cheers.

Ahoya Skippa

Eirher I'm still asleep or I can't spot that ball your talking about. You mentioned that the plant is nott in bloom yet so why worry about that now. After you go into flower I would be more attend to the sex of the plants. Maybe it is just a pre-flower, maybe not.

But don't worry right now brother.

As for strain ??? That could be anything really. At least you know its a hybrid, so bes of both worlds. LoL

Hello guys. Thanks for all the reply's. How to you tell if they are hybrids? Also i topped the first plant 2 days ago now, was it too early to do so? It has 5 sets of lateral branches. Sorry I'm a bit new to topping as I've just let others just grow out. What's your guys take on topping vs fimming? Do you think they are doing well? My soil is only a potting mix and some normal ground dirt mixed in. Thanks for all the input guys! I hope they turn out good, atm I'm going all organic. Cheers! :)

Hey fellas. Just an update, the top plant I posted, I'm pretty sure is a male :( no real strong indication still, but I checked today and I'm sure its a ball. Also the 2nd plant I posted is a female, must have popped pistils lastnight! I also have another plant that is about as big as the 2nd girl, which has also got the white hairs! :) 2 outta 3 aint bad! I really hope I'm wrong about my biggest one, which is looking real nice and smells great (kind of like a mint pepper) oh well as you said dust about one more week or even 4-5 days at the earliest and I should def be able to sort the sex out! I would have thought that the largest, which is growing at a quicker rate would have given more of an indication to what sex it is. Also, I'm just wondering about the poor mans way of cloning? I have some yates rooting powder around somewhere but I can't bloody find it! Well I will keep you guys updated and def put a few more pics up in a few weeks time!

Cloning can only be done with plants in Veg and it takes easily 6 weeks or 2 month till the branches are long + developed enough to allow for cuttings, which makes this procedere a bit tiresome for many of us growing from seed in one room. Also the reason why you cannot clone autoflowering strains, they start flowering way too early. A side branch needs at least 4 individual segments - and it takes a long time to develop that !

• Like 1

Cloning can only be done with plants in Veg and it takes easily 6 weeks or 2 month till the branches are long + developed enough to allow for cuttings, which makes this procedere a bit tiresome for many of us growing from seed in one room. Also the reason why you cannot clone autoflowering strains, they start flowering way too early. A side branch needs at least 4 individual segments - and it takes a long time to develop that !

I do agree with you bam. I would also take clones in veg but it´s ok even up to 2weeks before harvest

:)

I know people that does. But for me it would be simpler to have that out of the way before flowering. I don´t like it when they get stressed to much in flowering. They have hard time as it is with being a weed in human care

:P

Edit: Sorry i missed that you talked about autos.... That´s a different story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys my plant that I topped in the pic where I wanted to know the sex ended up being a male!! Damn it. Was really looking good too. It obly started to show its true sex 4 days ago. I noticed the little green bannanas. Pulled it before they had a chance to pop. Luckely I only found two sets and they were in erly stage. Also my two other plants I have are growing nicely. They both aee females with nice pistils. But over the lasr week ive noticed that towards the middle and bottoms of both pants the pistils are already brown up. Iread that its either due to heat ( too hot, ive got them in a greenhouse I made) or the other reason for the pistils browning is because of pollen from a male? Im 100% sure I got to the male well before its pollen sacks opened. Im going to post pics up to show you how there going. Cheers guys.

Hey guys my plant that I topped in the pic where I wanted to know the sex ended up being a male!! Damn it. Was really looking good too. It obly started to show its true sex 4 days ago. I noticed the little green bannanas. Pulled it before they had a chance to pop. Luckely I only found two sets and they were in erly stage. Also my two other plants I have are growing nicely. They both aee females with nice pistils. But over the lasr week ive noticed that towards the middle and bottoms of both pants the pistils are already brown up. Iread that its either due to heat ( too hot, ive got them in a greenhouse I made) or the other reason for the pistils browning is because of pollen from a male? Im 100% sure I got to the male well before its pollen sacks opened. Im going to post pics up to show you how there going. Cheers guys.

Funny how a picture can fool so many Nice work brother on the sex discovery, congrats with the 2 ladies give em what you got and take care brother!
  • Like 1