Small patches of white

UKNew2it

Hello all,  I've just noticed these appear on my outdoor plant. It was planted late outdoors and just started to flower late, I'm hoping to keep it alive long enough to get something off of it but noticed these marks come up this weekend. It looks like a bug of some kind and I've ordered some bug spray. Just wanted to know if someone could advise what they are?

Thanks

Screenshot_20180930-183514_Gallery.thumb.jpg.99151ae8c6d89d666ab4ee707c1a7391.jpg

Could be a first stage of Trips / leaf miner.... 

There are actually many insects that eat leaves, so it will be difficult to guess without seeing the insect.

Neem oil can be a good idea, natural repellent.

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Hi @UKNew2it,

That damage looks like wind damage to me, ie wear and tear on the leaf being blown about rather than insect damage.

There are various bug sprays about for different bugs.  I've tried Neem oil, then got worried about Azadirachtin poisoning from it so don't use it as much now. Pyrethrum I have also used (up to two weeks before harvest). Diatomaceous earth seems to work the best from my limited experience.

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

Es difícil saber con exactitud que bicho ataca esa hoja ya que a tantos les gusta la marihuana, yo opino como Shaggygrower parece desgaste natural por inclemencias del tiempo (exceso de sol, falta de agua?)pero más vale prevenir que curar, un tratamiento natural es lo mejor como te aconsejan

Feliz cosecha 

It is difficult to know exactly which bug attacks that leaf since so many like marijuana, I think as Shaggygrower seems to wear out by inclement weather (too much sun, lack of water?) But prevention is better than cure, a natural treatment It is the best as you are advised

Happy harvest

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Just an update, seems to have cleared up now and it's starting to flower, it's getting a bit colder now as well. 

I'm starting to see some frosting but not sure how long I should leave it with it getting damper and colder in the evenings.

I think the six weeks would have been the first week of November but wondering if I should harvest early as there isn't a huge amount on it?

I've attached a couple of photos, what are your thoughts.. Leave it and risk it or cut it early?

20181018_144337.jpg

20181018_085615.jpg

20181018_144437.jpg

• Like 2

Hola UkNew2it yo personalmente creo que deberías arriesgar a dejarla ya que por lo que veo en esas fotos las hojas que acompañan los cogollos no tienen ningún indicio de estar padeciendo por el frio, pero también puedes optar por cortarla aunque no tiene ni un pistillo color ámbar, te dejo una foto de lo que yo veo un cogollo hecho al 70% Espero que tengas más opiniones y te arriesgues en dejarla un tiempo mas

Saludos y buen tiempo de cosecha

Hi UkNew2it I personally think that you should risk leaving it because from what I see in those photos the leaves that accompany the buds have no indication of suffering from the cold, but you can also choose to cut it even though it does not have an amber colored pistol , I leave a picture of what I see a head made at 70% I hope you have more opinions and you risk leaving it a little while longer

Greetings and good harvest time

Screenshot_2018-09-30-12-04-15.png

• Like 3

Hi @UKNew2it

From looking at people's UK outdoor grows on Instagram, their issues this time of year is be able to let their plants completely flower before bud rot or the like gets to them.  You're plant look 3-5 weeks away from ready (more like 5).

I feel you have to gamble on the plant surviving & filling out rather than harvesting now as the harvest now will be very, very poor.

Is you plant in a pot outside, or in the earth outside?  The second photo, zoomed in, looks fantastic - a very healthy plant imv, and looks to be about week 3 of flowering. What strain is she?

Good luck & happy growing!

• Like 1

@ShaggyGrower thanks for the reply.

It is Dutch passion #1 so meant to be grown out side so may be able to take it. The flowering said it's usually 6 weeks but I am guessing because I left it so late it may be longer due to there being less sun and warmth.

I am worried about bud rot as this is my first attempt at growing so want to get something out of it but Looking at the forecast it's not going to drop below 7 degrees for the next week and a bit, also not much rain so I am hoping I can get it into November and still be alive.

I'll check back if things change 

Cheers

• Like 2

UKNew2it coje una maceta en la que creas que puede entrar y una pala y sacala del jardin para ponerla a florecer en interior a doce horas si es que tiene un armario de cultivo 

Creo que será lo mejor amigo

UKNew2it take a pot in which you think you can enter and a shovel and take it out of the garden to put it to bloom indoors twelve hours if you have a growing cabinet

I think it will be the best friend

• Like 2

20 hours ago, UKNew2it said:

@ShaggyGrower thanks for the reply.

It is Dutch passion #1 so meant to be grown out side so may be able to take it. The flowering said it's usually 6 weeks but I am guessing because I left it so late it may be longer due to there being less sun and warmth.

I am worried about bud rot as this is my first attempt at growing so want to get something out of it but Looking at the forecast it's not going to drop below 7 degrees for the next week and a bit, also not much rain so I am hoping I can get it into November and still be alive.

I'll check back if things change 

Cheers

Bud rot would be my main worry as well.  Too much humidity and not enough air flow would be my concerns for an outdoor grow, ie, standing water in the buds.  If I could (ie, in my own garden if I had one) I would try to fashion some sort of warm airflow around & through my outdoor plants (fans, camp fires, temp' tent around plant, etc), as well as keeping the roots in the pot-off-the-ground warmer (perhaps surround the pot with a box filled with straw for insulation (make sure the straw does not get wet when it rains / you water).  I'd also spray them with some diluted H202 as well to kill mildew etc.

Good luck and Happy Growing!

• Like 2

The garlic extract have very slowly the budrot on my plant need to chek your plant everyday and take out the bud that rot and spray the garlic on all the plant stop 2 week before harvest for me that have work but maybe is the hot weather that have help 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

She's still alive, the leaves stated to go purple outside which I read was down to cold and the plant not being able to absorb nutrients. 

I took the risk and moved it into a shed, I think it must be due to harvest soon as it's pretty much stopped growing now.

I've attached a couple of recent photos, what are your thoughts, should stop watering the end of the week and harvest or leave for another week?

20181105_073035.jpg

20181106_191803.jpg

• Like 1

No tiene mala pinta se ve bien, engordo bastante desde las anteriores fotos es normal que tenga que adaptarse a vivir dentro pero lo conseguiría si le dejas crecer un poco más y cerrar el bud...mi opinión es que la dejes más tiempo UKNew2it

Feliz cosecha 

It does not look bad looking good, fattening enough from the previous photos is normal to have to adapt to live inside but I would get if you let it grow a little more and close the bud ... my opinion is to leave it more time UKNew2it Happy harvest

• Like 2