UKNew2it

Small patches of white

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,  I've just noticed these appear on my outdoor plant. It was planted late outdoors and just started to flower late, I'm hoping to keep it alive long enough to get something off of it but noticed these marks come up this weekend. It looks like a bug of some kind and I've ordered some bug spray. Just wanted to know if someone could advise what they are?

Thanks

Screenshot_20180930-183514_Gallery.thumb.jpg.99151ae8c6d89d666ab4ee707c1a7391.jpg

Could be a first stage of Trips / leaf miner.... 

There are actually many insects that eat leaves, so it will be difficult to guess without seeing the insect.

Neem oil can be a good idea, natural repellent.

Cheers! 

2 people like this

I wondered about thrips thanks, got some spray arriving today hopefully that is organic and can be used on edibles so I hope I got there soon enough.

Thanks again jose

1 person likes this

Hi @UKNew2it,

That damage looks like wind damage to me, ie wear and tear on the leaf being blown about rather than insect damage.

There are various bug sprays about for different bugs.  I've tried Neem oil, then got worried about Azadirachtin poisoning from it so don't use it as much now. Pyrethrum I have also used (up to two weeks before harvest). Diatomaceous earth seems to work the best from my limited experience.

Happy Growing!

3 people like this

Es difícil saber con exactitud que bicho ataca esa hoja ya que a tantos les gusta la marihuana, yo opino como Shaggygrower parece desgaste natural por inclemencias del tiempo (exceso de sol, falta de agua?)pero más vale prevenir que curar, un tratamiento natural es lo mejor como te aconsejan

Feliz cosecha 

It is difficult to know exactly which bug attacks that leaf since so many like marijuana, I think as Shaggygrower seems to wear out by inclement weather (too much sun, lack of water?) But prevention is better than cure, a natural treatment It is the best as you are advised

Happy harvest

1 person likes this