Germinating of seeds - question how fast is too fast ?

Bam-Bhole

Usually i always just put seeds inside the soil as deep as one link of my finger and wait what happens. Usually it worked, but now with few and high quality seeds ( AutoBomb GHS) I decided to water the 3 AB's first.

So i just put those three seeds into a little glass of warm water and while 2 seeds are swimming on the surface, one dropped down like a stone. I thought that was a bad sign. 3 or 4 hours later tonight I take a look and that sunken seed is broken up completely with a real bushy amount of white root material all over. nothing as expected from the others..

What does that mean - Rotten or super fast breeder ?

Confused.

Take it out or leave for a while ?

Please help

Thanks

I am probably the only person alive without a cellphone or camera, I got an iPod Touch, but can't take pix with that.

So take it out and put in soil immediately ?

Thanx a lot-looks promising indeed, won't grow more root in water ?

After another 90 minutes or so it has grown at least 50% more white material and the other two are opening up soon. Good beanz indeed !

Will put the first in soil now and wait what tomorrow brings. Darn insomnia ..

okay - have to improvise since I am waiting for the gear cocos lights etc.

i just used a little bit of good earth 19 grams or so in a small earthern pot watered it properly and put a little dry soil on top.

What's better - keep on central heating/dark or put in front of window to get daylight or use NEON ?

Two days maximum then I got the gear, just for that period..

yeah theres no problem with the lil soil when u get ur coco.

hope u know ur in for a journey...growing in coco isnt easy at the beginning but when u get ur setup dialed in u'll love it.

what gear you gonna be working with in your setup?

you will need a cal - mag supplement, if you base nutrients doesn't already account for that( if it says coco coir safe you should be fine without the additive)

I don't think Neon LIghts will be all that effective. Also don't transplant too often this stresses the plant ( i personally dont like to transplant more then 2 or 3 times at absolute most), so let a nice root structure form before moving it to a larger pot

MH 400 watts duals . Maybe I can use more variations from my nephew, he got various lamps lower and a 600 Watts light for flower with engine.

Reflektor,

Coco bricks that need flushing, pots - two fans so far a smalll and a regular for the summertime big one . black/white folies to cover the insides and the door- Jiffys for seeds and a big bottle of FLUSH.

I think I made a few mistakes with my order but it is too late. shipped yesterday.

I also ordered 6 blocks of material for hydro. plus stonewalls for seedlings - everything mixed up.

Does that mix with coco as well ?

Tried to keep that order on hold and change a few items, but too late..

no problem. it will ball be put in use for something sooner or later

I am thinking about the new feeding material from GHS. Have no speed up/feeding products as yet.

Only 6 seeds and room for 4 to 6 plants at one time indoor anyway..so not interested in an armada of nutrients..

One step at a time hemp is a survivor !

nice talking to you.

It is time for me to leave..

ONE

how big is your area? if you only have room for 4-6, you prolly don't have the room for a 600w light.

stone walls, not familiar with this product, but i'm sure it will work fine with coco coir

Nice man i hope you'll find a way to take pictures for us, borrow your nephe's camera ;)

about your seeds don't worry when they sink to bottom it means they don't need rehydratation, if it open don't leave her more than 12H in it, it could drown as someone said already.

Now your other seeds should have sink too no?

Nice for your first grow, i hope everything will go ok, don't forget coco is sterile, so you'll need some nice nutes ranges here :)

have a good grow man

Thanks folks.

Been very busy preparing and cleaning the room where I want to grow, it is a kind of cellar with lights and central heating, in fact the room is nice enough that I first used it for my DJ purposes. Nobody nearby that would be annoyed from the noise and nice in hot summer time. The rooom is laid out with ceramic vlies so it should be ideal for a gow spot ! Another top bonus is that there is a chimney opening on the other side, the washing machines + dryer is attached to one openning - sp when the smell gets heavy I just break up a piece to attach a tube from the grow facility. If it goes through the chimney it should be safe from outside. another plus hardly ever anyone passing by asks to see that room..lol

I must see how large the aerea actually is when lights are there, I will just build something basic then. I tested a table 1 & 60 cm and that holds 6 plants average size, but the bigger the better so maybe I will go for 1,20 by 80 by 1,80 or so...How much space do you think will a 400 watt MH light up ? I could add one or two ESL's later on , I expect the gear to arrive tomorrow, so time to get the material in the right length...

Sadly the other 2 seeds don't look too good - one has dissolved and left only some white jelly like stuff and the other has not opened yet. So i put the 3 JACK's in another glass 15 minutes ago. They all sank down nice ' n easy.

Think i will order another 5 seeds anyway.

Peace 'n grow

Remember once they are opened don't leave them too long in water, if not taken away directly out of glass.

For your room, i'd say 400w mh for veg is good for 1x1m room, 1,20x80 should work too, but if you want

optimal condition for your flowering you will have to add a little light at flowering at least 200w if not more..

But that's only for the bests results ^^ it will flower under 400w too, but 1m² of hydro can possibly yeild a loot if the lights are there ;)

Have a good grow ;)

Hey Bam,

i'm sorry, i'm having some issue understand what you are meaning.

a 400W HID light (mh or hps) will effectively cover 15-20 square feet.

I can see that your scale of measurements are in Metres.

so, about 150 cm(width) X 90 cm (depth) or 120cm X 120 cm

I can easily make it LONGER, but I don't want it broader for stealth,

Anyway 1,20 & 80 isnearly 2 square meters. I start with coco , but maybe I will use hydro next.

I don't want a Hydro pumping water all the time - seen ?

If there is a way to use hydro without a pump system I am all ears..

Yes there is you can use hand watered hydri like in the grow session video.

On of our member here use a mix of Flytocel and perlite i think or clayball don't remember with what he mixes but he does ^^

But a hydro setup without a pump is totaly possible if you want ;)

And 1,20x80 is far from 2m² it's 0,96m² ;) It will make 2m3 (cubic meters) you will need that to calculate your correct extraction ;)

• Like 1

as always Top Info from you my friend Dust ! Thanks a million. Of course 1 square meter not two. I am kinda lost atm. the stuff arrived. Only half of what i need was in there and the seeds in water - man - The jack just sit there on the ground all 3 having a chat or what = nothing.

i took out the left over 2 Auto Bombs and it seemed to me as if they just so slightly started to break up underneath and shownig a hint of white - Since I got 6 Jiffy's and 6 Hydro grodan rockwool bricks I decided to water 2 of the Jiffy's and put an AB seeed inside of each. I stuffed all of them in a small clay pot with a little soil underneath. I want to wait till I meet my nephew, who said he got some root juice and stuff like that. But I havre not seen him since sunday.. anyway

The pot with the Jiffy's sits on the heater and the glass with those 3 Jack seeds next to it. Someone told me to keep them warm 'n moist in the dark. So that's what i do.. of course i could put the JACK seeds into a towel, but I don't want to lose anymore seeds !

Next step is either getting a little seed box for the Jiffy's or putting the Jiffs directly inside the 4 cm hole of the Grodan's.

Can i put them in 3,7 litre square pots next or leave them alone under light ? That and 6 bricks of coco is all I got atm. plus 1 litre of flush..

More stuff needed than I expected, but that is allright, step by step we walk rastafari way Talk rastafari way..

Peace & Grow.

what you call jiffy's are those little balls roundish for germination right?

i don't know if jiffy's can be put directly into the hole of the grodan, if it fit's perfectly i would say yes cause light should'nt pass through the hole, but i'm not sure about the moisture etc if your jiffys will react the same as grodans. So for that wait for someone that has already tried to confirm, or say no ^^

But if they are the balls full of soil for germination why do you put them in a grodan after? and not directly in the coco?

For your seeds on heater, be careful not to put directly on the heater, too much hot will kill them, as too much cold would too. best is to have around 25° in the room where they sit. but careful with direct contact on heater!

have a good grow man good luck

yeah man trust dust on that heat thing i had my sprout too close to my light and they got alittle heat stressed. i understand your idea tho ive heard of people using like heat pad from reptiles under there sprouts. but those heating pad dont get to hot i would get termometer and rest it beside your pots if its getting over 27 degrees then move the sprouts.

but on a competely unrelated topic you said you had an ipod touch now i cant help you turn it into a camera thats probably impossible but did you know you can turn your ipod touch into a phone by downloading icall all you need is a par of cellphone earphones or a head set.you can call anywhere in the country you live in sometimes even further for free. for exsample i live in canada i have it on my computer and i can call anyone in north america for free. but the programs works best on ipod touchs the only thing is you haveto be in an area with wifi to make or receive calls..

dust i was wondering that too jiffy is a company that has a hole line of products they make little germination pellets and pots most of there products are made from shamgnum and peatmoss pressed together and are desigened to desinigrate after transplanting there is even another company that makes the same thing out of coco fiber altho the jiffy company now makes loads of different things from ties for plants to grow block bags. ether way the material for there germination pellets and the transplanting pots is very airy it lets aiir and heat pass through it easly im using the jiffy pots right now they are actually pretty decent once you get used to them for an environmentally friendly alternative or if your trying to go organic. check out there line of products here http//www.jiffygroup.com/jiffy/catalog

• Like 1

yeAh they are definately not the best choice the thing i dont like about them is that early on the tap root diggs into the peatmoss cup so if you wanna just use it as a cup and not plant the hole thing when transplanting you literally have to damage roots to free it from the cup. that and they fall apart really easily if you using them i wouldent suggest lifting the pot after watering when the material is wet if you lift from the edge of the pot it just tears right off. with autos from now on i'm not even gonna bother with transplanting. now this isent set in stone but the more i mess around with autos the more i realize that they are really forgiving when it comes to light schedules but when it comes to time lines and recovery time they are not as forgiving. youve only got 20 days to germinate sprout and veg then another 50 days for flowering. for the flower stages, if a mistake is made you can always let the plant go alittle longer but stress or problems during the veg time can seriously alter the end result of your plant that being said tho if you are really skilled at transplanting you can pull it off without any problems ive done transplants where there was no noticable recovery time but ive also made mistakes that took days to sort it self out. ive found the best transplanting time to be when the roots have developed enough to hold the soil its in together but not so developed to have become root bound.

if you are using the jiffy cups tho please leave a message with how it took transplanting if you plan on transplanting it with the cup attached i havent desided what im gonna do yet i dont know if i trust the cup to denigrate quick enough.