Germinating of seeds - question how fast is too fast ?

Bam-Bhole

Thanks for this great infos. I am a bit frustrated with the Jiffy#s tbh. i must make something, maybe I missed that they needed water on day one - I sleep long and had not watered them for 10 to 12 hours and they were really thirsty. A friend of mine used to Jiffys says theyare unforgiving once dryed up, seeds are dead.

Well i don't know but yesterday I had the second seed simply being pushed out seed ball up and root growing , but not rooting in side the Jiffy ! This time the root has even doubled up. 2 tiny but strong roots from ome seed - so this time I took it and stashed it directly into Coco... Atm I have 2 Jiffy's in rockwool and 2 in coco plus the one I just transplanted into CocoThis morning I found another seed. Probably an AB, Wonder what the seed was that dissolved.... This has just drowned.

Early coming week I get better material foor germination- a mini grow room with 10 Coco starters, root nutrient and 18 small pots with starter soil and 5 pounfs starter soil

I will order some more seeds anyway and next time I try 50/50. water germination and simply putting seed inside those pots with soil and put them next to the window until the plart crawls ou. that always worked..LOL

This is a lot of work Getting them high enough to the NEON lights watering, pit cellophan around etc.

So a better alternative is welcome..The rockwool and those Kiffy's in that 4cm hole are probably best once they have a strong root growth..

Well i hope they will finally make it, it happens sometimes that the seeds pushes out of the cubes when she grows, but nothing to worry about you just have to put her back ^^

get those seeds germinating good luck :)

NOw I am really into something...I was checking around the stash room around the house for a Thermometer/Hydrometer. I know we had an armature for that, but instead i found a Neon grow lamb - red-ish and blue - Long ass heavy duty sizes 1,20 by 1,20 on a wooden holder 1,60 by 1,60 with cable and a timer !

So after the usual watering/flushing process I re-arranged my d.i.y growing facilities - 2 metal wine shelves , wooden boards, folies and electricity put that huge block on top filled the inside with white side of the folie stashed my plants into a plastic basket, to avoid water everywhere and switched on the lights. I kept the central heating on very warm - closed everything to avoid light diffusion and voila !

Later on I have to get higher boards for the big ass 400 Watts reflektors , with holes attached for in ads out for air movement, but for this early stage this works pretty good, Better than putting it outside of my personal space. I know it is not perfect, but improvisation is the weapoin of low budget operations.

I am sure the seeds got too much light (useless on top) before.... :D :D ;):P

lol your lucky to find neon hidden in your room, don't have anything like that around my rooms lol ^^

i hope they will like it ;)

Tho they can easily handle 400w if you are far enough :)

have a good grow man

Bet my nephew left it...

These lights are powerful. Inside the growing space aith it's white folie these lights are really bright and got a whole other spectrum than regular neon.

Wonder how much watts they got, If I leave them along with the 400 watts I can grow some serious stuff I bet - but I don't want to overpower my line. It may be connected with washing machine/dryer and when that is in use it might become be too much for the fuse box ?

The 400 watts will be added not before the plants are 3 stores high or so (internodes). But I might add add another 85 watt ESL sooner, when starting to VEG.

Hi I've recently purchased some GreenHouse seeds The Chemdog.ive watched ur grow review & I would like to grow the same way in one of you're grow reviews you show the difference between organic & not,what do you use for you're medium I am about to buy the new Greenhouse Nutrients Powder feeding I am using 65 litre pots I am currently using Bio Biz all mix for veg & mothers & the light mix for flowering,if you could let me know what type of medium you use,So i can try & replicate Arjan & Franco if you could get back to me ASAP I would be very grateful thank you.

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, only 2 from 6 made it to veg - one of each and both had basically no root system to speak off, but now they are running fast and looking good esp. the Jack is a character with blac-ish dark green sharp edged leaves, the AB is light green and a bit longer, they are in 7 liter square pots with coco.

I didn't feel like wasting 400 watts on 2 plants so I ordered a Seed Mic Indica E and a few Arjan Haze #3. 2 asre with my nephew who wants to grow them outside and I got one strong runner, one did not germ and the other is still in soil.

I put them in little pots this time. Not a good idea, neither.

Lost 2 no 3 seeds along the way, but one White Widow an Arjan Haze # 3, a Big Bang and another Indica are now transplanted in Air-Root pots, so hopefully these 6 or 7 plants will make it.

I am also thinking about Clones and of course more seeds. This time I will get the whole Proprigator and Germination Kit from NIRVANA and use a Secret Jarrin 2 & 55 watt lamb, so that this seed loss will not happen again. at least not at that percentage.

Plus I hightened and enlarged my grow room with an extra space foor seedlings and a flowering/Veg room with 1,70 meters height and flexible broadth..

Will get a digital camera later and show some pics. It is fun and time consuming. A nice hobby.

Thanlks for asking

BTW

I went from Coco to CannaBio Terra Plus with the GHE Starter pack Micro Grow + Bloom plus Ripen and Guano Kaolong powder for tea..

If I still fuck up I am simply stupid..lol

Best hobby ever Bam , only one that ever kept me interested. Sorry bout the bad luck but i checked that propagator out and it looks the bomb , should help you quite a bit. Good luck and waiting for the camera ;)

Thanks man.

Damn just checked my BA and I spend damn much this month on growing supplies..lol

Again a month where extra spending money is scarce.

Don't worry be happy -

My grow room looks the bomb, Still needed is Ventilation and a good timer - otherwise things look good.

Hope these 6 plants will make it till harvest and I am sure there will be some pix in the meantime.

Slept 10 hours straight after all that work yesterday ...LOL

Next time I order seeds I get that Nirvana Propagator...