A step in the progress (Brazilian lawyers)

HC01

Brazilian lawyers propose that drug possession for personal use is no longer a crime

Proposal was approved by a majority on the committee that prepares changes to the Penal Code. Quantity will be defined according to type of drug and standards established by ANVISA..

Cristina Serra Brasília ( Rede Globo)

1967940.jpg

If you rely on lawyers who plan to modernize the Brazilian laws, possession of drugs for personal use will no longer be a crime, but this will depend on the amount held by the alleged user.

The proposal was approved by a majority on the committee that prepares changes to the Criminal Code. Under the proposal, drug possession for personal consumption is no longer a crime.

The amount is set according to the type of drug and standards established by the National Agency of Sanitary Surveillance for personal use (ANVISA). In general it is sufficient for five days of consumption. Even those who plant a small amount at home, for example, will no longer be considered criminal.

Another novelty is that crime becomes the personal use of drugs, ostensibly and local concentration of children and adolescents, such as schools. The penalty will be of service to the community or an educational measure.

Trafficking, even in small quantities, it remains a crime with a sentence of five to ten years in prison. According to the committee, the goal is to get the drug use in the criminal sphere. In the view of lawyers is a matter of public health.

"We still treat the user as a criminal, with all the stigma that this word carries, and this makes it even weaken the role of the state in public health. The drug kingpin must be severely punished, no doubt, but is not it that our police are reaching these days, "says commission member and public defender, Juliana Belloque.

The draft reform of the Penal Code should be completed by the end of June, in commission. After that, you still must be approved by the House and Senate.

http://g1.globo.com/...mais-crime.html

• Like 2

Awesome!! i love how the world is finally starting to decriminalize cannabis, i've always said i never wanted any legalization, all we want first is decriminalization and we are about to get it :D

That weight allowed per person i think is Da thing to do to regulate that, let's say allow max 5g by person and done if you got more you pay and if you deal of course you pay too.

Thanks for sharing that HC01 if brazilians do this they will get lots of tourists ;)

• Like 1

Awesome!! i love how the world is finally starting to decriminalize cannabis, i've always said i never wanted any legalization, all we want first is decriminalization and we are about to get it :D

That weight allowed per person i think is Da thing to do to regulate that, let's say allow max 5g by person and done if you got more you pay and if you deal of course you pay too.

Thanks for sharing that HC01 if brazilians do this they will get lots of tourists ;)

You are absolutely correct my friend, because there is so much corruption in Brazil, social inequality is very large and Brazil, there is still a lot of misery.

I was opposed the World Cup football here in 2014, why is it invested billions of dollars and things that are unnecessary, and that Brazil needs of other investment priorities as health, housing, etc. ..

More by analyzing changes in laws, I am now for the world cup football, All these changes are for the tourists but the World Cup will not generate profit.

We'll just see if it will not be equal in africa that was approved for all the world cup, and then returned as ever.

Peace!!

Muito bom! Porra!

Let's hope that things works, if the U.S keep on going this way (btw what happen with canada they were something big going on there as well!) and brazil join the party we might see things changing quicker than expected in europe.

I'm glad to see this happening in brazil, yet an other reason to go visit that amazing country, i really hope that the world cup will bring an other econoic boom to the country, hopefully you guys win it (it's been shown that when a country wins a world cup at home great economics consequences come with it...)!

• Like 2