Powder feeding

doempkotje

Hello happy growers :P i have one question mate, do you only use the short flower powder or did you use anything else during veg?
im kinda confused about that, if we can do the full grow with the short flower powder only

Friends of friends use Powder Feed Hybrid too now with White Widow and they are also in the third week of flowering.

I have never seen such happy and healthy plants before. Seems to be an excellent fertizilizer

hi folks

I dont want to mess other topics but this concers the same thing, but not. just finnished a nice round of Arian Strawberry Haze with my setup and al sorts of nutes, but want to go PowderFeed and with SLH this time. I need some advice on it since I didn't found anything on this. 

so... I've got a 300l tank. I water every 3rd day till week 3flower than every two days. plants drink half so I return 150l back and top it to make new batch and let it circulate till next time. I check PH and EC everytime BEFORE and AFTER watering so I keep that in line. so...

Q: 1. is PF going to be OK in the res since it "never" goes completely empty during one cycle? 2. due to small pots and mapito for medium, I must use enzymes. is it recomendable and if, which? 3. do I need some rooter for the first 2 weeks? 

aprat from enzymes I'm not going to use anything else and will post results here. usually i don't do this but if it turns out like advertised, I think GHS will than be trully complete!

any help is very much wellcome.

peace

man

Hi ManUbuntu!!

I use Xubuntu really...  is more speed in my old pc ;)

About PF:

Powder Feeding is chemical, can last several days without problems in your tank (7-10 days quietly). 

If you keep your active tank with bubbles of oxygen, there is no problem. 

You shower plants with 300 liters and 150 return the deposit, should fill another 150 liter new powder feeding. No problem to use the system so it is a bit like dutch formula. 

Enzymes? No problem by mixing enzymes with Powder Feeding, enzymes eat dead roots and transform them into new nutrients, so my advice is to use enzymes only occasionally, not always. 

No, you should not add any root stimulator or PK, nor any stimulator. Powder Feeding is complete, is designed to work alone without any other component (enzymes if they are allowed). 

I recommend you perform occasionally, irrigation with water only. I use coconut in my crops, I do 4 irrigations with Powder Feeding  and 1 with only water and enzymes, and start again. 

You should only worry about maintaining a good level of PH and EC, the rest is easy.

Regards!!
  • Like 2

hej Jose

one more thing and I'll stop bugging you :) coz I didn't find it anywhere...

in grow session videos, can you get me the watering schedule that Arjan and Franco use(weekly I know but daily I dont...espec with the famous flushing:)) also, do they hand water or what? I' thinking into going with fewer plants(25 insted of 50) with the same technique as they do in growsession videos so I NEED TO KNOW how do they water.

and also, do they use mapito or coco? or mix of both... :)

and if anyone else knows that already, feel free to help me;)

bless you all

peace

man

• Like 1

Hello man,

In the grow sessions they use normally some rockwool flakes in the oldest videos, but im not sure if they kept using it in the last ones, i would say yes but perhaps they switched to coco.. But for sure rockwool flakes it was before :)

And yes they do hand water the plants daily, and i think they feed at every watering as they make regular flushes, but on this part you should adapt it to your grow and make sure the plants handle it, if you see it is too much start maybe with feeding once every 2 watering or something like this and if you see they handle it you increase the doses.

Good luck man

• Like 1

Greg

you must understand that water in Europe is totally different than what you drink and water your plants with. now, we did some tests on our water and belive it or not, it was like readin from a label of micro nutes :) look, I grew a smal but nice litle plant in rockwool cube 7x7cm and with just water and the damn thing bloomed fully. I never used any additional cal/mag, never. in any of my countless grows. you probably have to since you live on an island and most people that don't have moutains near have to add it aswell.

... but, it says CLEARLY on the box, that it's made for TAP 0,7EC water. ;)

nice looking ladies you have there. whats the chance of me getting one of these babies? :) I'm talking about NL... :)

bless my brother

man

Greg

you must understand that water in Europe is totally different than what you drink and water your plants with. now, we did some tests on our water and belive it or not, it was like readin from a label of micro nutes :) look, I grew a smal but nice litle plant in rockwool cube 7x7cm and with just water and the damn thing bloomed fully. I never used any additional cal/mag, never. in any of my countless grows. you probably have to since you live on an island and most people that don't have moutains near have to add it aswell.

... but, it says CLEARLY on the box, that it's made for TAP 0,7EC water. ;)

nice looking ladies you have there. whats the chance of me getting one of these babies? :) I'm talking about NL... :)

bless my brother

man

Aloha, i think maybe one more generation before Hawaiian Treat will be ready to go. The next grow will be Hilo Honey in 120 liter hydro units.

• Like 1

Usually tap water is used for irrigation, which already has all the calcium needed to grow your plants. 

If you use distilled water, then you should add some calcium. But if you grow in soil quality (good land), perhaps not even necessary ... be watching the evolution of plants. 

I grow in coco, tap water (EC 0,8 ) and PF, I've never had shortcomings. 

If you grow the White family hybrids or varieties of the White family, you should use Powder Feeding hybrids, because it has an extra Magnesium, the White family always needed. 

Powder Feeding is very thorough man, I do not understand his position to seek five-legged dog .... smoke and relax    :drinks:

• Like 1

since we have Alps all around us we have plenty of cal/mag in tap water. It's one of the purest water in EU bit stil has 0,5-0,6 EC. so that means that I actually don't need almost no nutes, which I tried and was successfull at it. fully nutricious alone but with added nutes I never had to go over half the dosage of recomended on the box/bottle. and I remember everywhere around the world I went, the water was bad and tasteles or I could feel the clorine in it for days. and almost everywhere, ok 50/50, tap was non drinkable or you had to boil it/make RO. so normally, every grower must try first, fail and learn from mistakes. coz that's how the true farmers are born, not just another wannabe grower who spent thousands of € on a setup and doesn't even know, what in what for.

like I said in introduction, I will do a grow with these special lights(in next 6months), that consume only 20W max, but can cover 2x2m. I will atempt to make a totally sealed room with reproducing normal nature conditions(rain, fog, morning frost etc.) I did 4 plants already with that light and grew around a kilo of awesome bud. but could fit 12 more, so you do the math;)

anyway, after all this time I stil have some Q's:)

so, what should I use with PF in my flood&drain setup but with coco in pots? I'm concerned about salt builup and had read plenty on DripClean. does anybody do this kind of setup/medium? how do you prevent clogs and buildups in the root sistem?

bless you all for this brand and forum

GHS all the way:)

peace

man

• Like 1

Hello ManUbuntu, 

The water in my area is very good too, comes from the mountains and is very good (better than bottled water). Their levels are 0.4 to 0.8 EC). I've never had problems with calcium, it is sufficient in water. 

If the water is bottled, no problems with calcium. You should only add calcium, when water is distilled or reverse osmosis. 

For flood system, I would use normal levels in coconut cultivation. To avoid saturation, four irrigations, would conduct a risk only with water and enzymes, and start again with four irrigations more PF. 

We expect to see great productions with your system, but be careful with moisture, is very bad and produces mushrooms, when it is excessive. 

greetings

• Like 1

Jose

in Europe we have mostly good water but people rather spend €€€ on RO and additives like ClaMag etc. and then feed 2.0EC with RO and cry why plants don't look healthy...

anyway, just tried 3day ago PF long flow with a friends grow. we watered normaly(he uses canna coco) but few of them with only PF(strain NL5haze mist from seed) and I know it's too soon to talk but, IMO plants really look better(PF only vs. complete line of canna coco) cant wait to start my grow with it :)

thanks for the input on f&d, will try first like I normally do(every feed PF, zyme and dripclean) but flush last week or 1,5weeks first with half EC with zyme and dp and last 2 flushes with just water+zyme. if I'll have problems, which I'll see soon(week 2, 3) I'll go with ever 5th feed flush like you sugested.

I just discovered great mediums that sell here and are REALLY CHEAP, and I mixed PHed coco with rw flakes. did try it solo(no plant inside) how long it takes to completely go dry and I'm sooo hapy:) coco gets dry faster but rw just keeps it moist for 2days(flooding half the heigt of my pot) the top is dry and alge/gnat/fungi free. PH and EC don't go crazy and so I'm happy:) maybe this will replace long years of mapito usage... and it's half cheeper(70l of coco 6€, 90l of rw flakes 23€ vs. mapito 60l for 30€:))

So sorry for my long posts but I just can't help myself when I'm happy :)

peace my brother and stay safe

man

• Like 1

Your posts are always welcome friend :) 

Talk me  more of that mixture, I also use only coconut and am very interested in your findings, I want to know more ;) 

Maybe I forgot to give you a tip though Powder Feeding is valid from germinating until harvest ... I prefer to use green PF (Mother plants) for the grow and the specific  (sativa, indica or hybrid) for flowering. I see very good results doing so. 

Cheers bro

PD. Yes.... In my city the tap water is of excellent quality ... and I see people buying osmosis systems... LOL.... that rare is the world.

Aloha, To be a complete hydroponic fertilizer like DynaGro and a few others you have to add calcium to claim the tap water has enough is low tech hobby grower mode at best my friends.  JR Peters 5-11-26 + Calcium Nitrate is a complete formula. The powderfeeds lack any calcium at all. Here is a Hawaiian Treat in a seven gallon nursery container that produced 560 grams dried using JR Peters complete mix with Ca levels 100-140 ppm.

post-7080-0-31612400-1412237947.jpg

@NL Seattle Greg   If you use tap water, no need to add extra calcium. 

You've read the previous posts?   :read:

Aloha, Seattle water 10.74 ppm, Yakima 17.23 ppm, Ellensburg 4.86 ppm are the numbers from Washington State for Calcium levels in tap water. Since the 1980s we add 80-150 ppm with Calcium Nitrate and continue the practice here in Hawai'i with excellent results.

post-7080-0-28162100-1412413181.jpg

I have 50-80 mg/l of calcium in my tap, mag levels are also high.

ONCE AGAIN: european water is like NIGHT AND DAY comparing to US water. with you it's almost a MUST to use RO, due to all the clorine and shit you put in. I open my tap and out it comes one of the purest and nitritious water ever and by far, haven't had any problems or had to add cal/mag. to say, for like 10th time already, that PF in not complete without ever reading what the guys have to say is just ignorant. don't wan't to provoke you but maybe you should stop putting yourself, hawaii and whatever the hell nutes you use on a pesestal and consider that the world is big and versitile.

I WISH I could come to Hawaii and blast that chalice with you and for that I invite you to come to Lake Bohinj, Slovenia. it's 600m from sea level, we gonna climb another mile high and blast some local outdoor weed.

look, we all grow for some time now and everybody had to male thousands of mistakes to get it right. you got it right for US and I did for SLO, but PF was made for EU TAP WATER and PLEASE get that FACT STRAIGHT!

I love your plants but man you one stubborn american...be nice, keep growing on you own and dont trash somebody, especially on their own forum.

and please, when you'll have the Hawaiian ready, pleas ship some to me :) how does it fight the humidity/mold/rain/(cold)?

peace my brother and keep positive vibes!

aloha

man

• Like 1

Aloha, EU WATER????? How much Calcium???? it sure would be nice if FRANCO would tell the folks with GOOD WATER what the Ca levels should be???? Stay tuned i have my 120 liter hydro units up and running and you will be able to see what 120- 140 ppm does with the New strains of Northern Lights Cannabis indica Hawaiian Heirloom plant sweetheart

post-7080-0-96503200-1412623749.jpg