In search of good outdoor stain. Franco said to ask here!

growmich710

Hello all. I am new to this forum but been doing some reading and love all the knowledge and helpful information being passed around. its deff good to see!

My first post is about outdoor strains. I am a legal, Medical Mmj growing in Michigan, USA. I have an established indoor garden. I plan to use my veg room to start plants in early spring, that I can put outdoores, summer of 2013. We have not decided whether or not we will contruct a green house. If I do it will be a very basic greenhouse with fencing around it. Michigan law requires a fenced, secure area. My grow area will MOST likey be fenced, with white plastic on the fence to ubstruct the view of any peepers. 50-70 plants My elevation is not high, but flat and lots of sun (for being so far from the equator, we do a heck of a lot of farming in our state.

I have been looking on a atlas and it seems my latitude is very relative to humbolt/ the Emmerald Traingle.

My question for any of you who have grown a veriaty of GH seeds, and maybe in my area/climate is, what are strains to grow? I would think Indica, or mostly indica is best for northern climates. At the same time, I hear about these "classic Nor Cal 4lb plants" and I say to myself "I want 4lb plants!"

I have been growing indoor for 4 years, since our laws past here. I have grown outdoor, but it was years before that, in highschool, with not much knowledge of the plant. Whether in a cheap greenhouse, or outdoor, I plan to shut down my indoor flowering space and spend a lot of time on these plants. I plan to water/feed with the same presisness as I do indoors. Ph,Ec,temp,etc. Have not decided on pots, or mending my soil like traditional farming.

ANY help on picking out good strains for Michigan growing in the northern, Lower Peninsula of our state, would be so gratelly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

sorry for my spelling, I typed all this thining there would be a spell check botton up there... and there is not.

• Like 1

ifI'm not very experienced in outdoor growing, i've only grown Super Critical outdoor andmoney maker, super critical was very fast and had a very nice amount of bud, didn't have any mold or whatever but i ain't in a cold place as we could say.

if you go on the GH site you should see a outdoor category, check if you like any strains there to start ;)

Good luck man, don't worry the outdoor grower will come with more advices ;)

franco also grew a nice auto supercritical outdoors and it looked good.

check out maffro's grows "auto olympics" 2011 & 2012, his "fresian dew" (not auto) and was breed especially for the dutch climate.

You could also try "Euro bud" review here - http://en.seedfinder...lobal_Seedbank/

seeds here - http://www.amsterdamseeds.com/

Another one to consider is "Swiss Miss" from Nirvana breed up in the mountains of switzerland and meant to quite mold resistant.

Peace

Lamsbread

Super Critical, Jack Herer, and Hamilayan Gold (wanted to grow HG since I first smoked it in Toronto in 2007)

Seems these three have the faster/earlier flowering times? is that something I should be in search of? I have seen nights in the mid 40s the last couple weeks... frost this month 2 times...

himalayan gold might be alittle longer than others i think. But super crit worked very nice for me ;) And jack here is a known good value! we've had an outdoor grow in Holland on the forum this year of her and she didn't very nice with the not so hot weather ;)

Good luck man

Hello Mich and welcome to the forum

So your by the lakes in usa right about 45 latitude ? do you live at altitude ? is there anything of a micro climate around you ?

It sounds like you can take your pic if you get a green house up and running, the Himalaya gold is pretty much bullet proof, i on;y got mould problems in the middle of october but it didnt start flowering quick enough to finish here (weak sun in sept/oct). Ams did a little bit better.

I think best advice would be from your own local growers and breeders or as close as you can get ! Theres a few Canadian and US growers oin the outdoor section you should check out, their advice would be more relevant.

If you want to try autos i can recomend bigbang auto and auto mazar for pain relief, good stuff !

Good luck and keep us posted

• 1 month later...

all autoflowering strains will be ok - but there are some great outdoor strains which can be grown almost everywhere - they manage in our eastern european hardcore climate ;)

passion#1, frisian dew, durban poison from dutch passion, maroc, easy sativa, purple maroc from female seeds - those are best hard-to-kill strains - especially passion#1 really strong and fast

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I really want to go with GH I've GOt 20 kalash but i want to order 20 more what you think scritical? Church,ams ? what its really hot here in the summers but we get or killing frost by about OCT 20 advice please and anyone know how kalash does outdoors in a hot climate?

So the old school dutch breeders (I think someone already sort of mentioned)

White label, Sensi Seeds and Dutch Passion apparently did a lot of their breeding and selection outdoors in Holland which kinda fits climate wise with the Great Lakes area.....ish. I'm assuming that most of those strains will be indica heavy hybrids or straight indicas.

White Label and/or Sensi Seeds:

Hollands Hope, Early Skunk, Early Girl, Early Pearl, Durban and Ruderalis Skunk.

Dutch Passion:

Durban Poison, Fresian Dew, Hollands Hope, Twilight (current grow report under LED), Passion #1, Purple #1.

Female Seeds:

Easy sativa, Outdoor grapefruit.

World Of Seeds:

Landrace Strains Collection, particularly Mazar Kush.

GHSC:

Himalayan Gold, the three new Auto strains, NL Mango and Kalsh.

A number of the Spanish breeders are also doing outdoor selection (ive heard) under the Mediterranean sun, so, Dinafem indicas and hybrids may be worth a look.

I think it's worth looking at whether the selection and breeding took place under perfect artificial conditions or out in the elements. A line or pheno selected for its flower speed, reaction to light period change, feeding regime under lights cannot be exactly right for outdoors and probably visa versa.