Royal Queen Seeds - OG Kush - Airpots - LED

toaor

Hi Guys & Girls, a new year and a new grow, this time OG Kush by Royal Queen Seeds.

Have just put them in for a 24-48hr soak pH 5.3, will pop in Root It germination cubes on Monday, then they will go into Clay Pebbles in 3 Liter Airpots under 120w LED panel by Wed/Thurs.

That's it for now

Toaor

post-6710-0-67947300-1357403392.jpgpost-6710-0-73269100-1357403394.jpg

Hey Tokage, no never grown OG Kush before and never used HPS, I tried friends 600w before Xmas, lasted 15 mins before temps shot up to over 45c with 10%RH, so immediately removed and went back to LED.

Toaor

• Like 1

Hi Guys & Girls, just a few pics of new tent in loft where the OG Kush will be going as soon as they pop the surface of germination cubes.

Measures 75cm x 75cm x 100cm just right for seedlings and clones, it has blanket over it to hide and to keep heat in as loft is cold this time of year.

Toaor

post-6710-0-14600600-1357743783.jpgpost-6710-0-03404700-1357743785.jpgpost-6710-0-03861300-1357743788.jpg

Hey Dust, it say Budbox on the green flapover panel that hides zips, very well made thicker material than Secret Jardin, sturdier poles more solid and stronger zips, good buy for me £45 plus about £10 in petrol to collect it.

More room to move around than my Secret Jardin but filling reservoir is going to be fun lifting 10 liter buckets up ladder into loft and emptying will be even more fun, lol.

Just noticed two seeds have popped surface this morning just waiting for three more and in the loft tent they go under 125 Blue CFL.

Thanks for stopping by as always my friend.

Toaor

• Like 1

Day 2 (4/5 seeds up still 1 to pop surface)

Hi Guys & Girls, hope all is well in your world.

I potted up five OG Kush seeds and four of them are up as of yesterday, one still not popped surface but has split its shell.

I put them straight into the Air Pots and gave them their first batch of HESI nutes, Root Complex 50ml per 10L, Super Vit 1-2 drops per 4.5L, Growth Formula 50ml per 10L and Power Enzyme 20ml per 10L, they got the lot.

First time I've used HESI and there is no EC rating on it so you don't set it by EC just by their measurements and quantities, I put at pH 6.2 as again there are no pH values quoted apart from one bottle that says 5.8-6.2 so it will be an interesting grow, as I have never before used everything like Enzymes, Super Vit etc.

Only ever gone with either GHSC Powder and Canna Rhizotonic or Canna A&B formulas with Rhizotonic. They are now in the loft and when I just checked they were still alive so the HESI nute mix hasn't killed them, lol.

Temperature in bottom tent was 15c so I moved thermometer up to plant level and will see tomorrow what it is but at least they survived the night and the nutes mix so I'm happy as can be at this stage.

All the best

Toaor

post-6710-0-68139400-1358093082.jpgpost-6710-0-62615500-1358093084.jpg

• Like 1

Just thought of a way to heat up loft tent, my extractor fan outlet from flowering tent is only a few feet away from loft tent so could just push warm air from one tent to the other, only need a bit of ducting, which I can cut from existing lot as I never shortened it.

Should keep it a bit warmer in there during the day at least when lights are on in flowering tent.

Toaor

PS: The variants quoted in ideal temperatures is vast, I've seen the ideal as 25-27c but this guide on Amsterdam seed bank reckons 20c is the best.

Temperature

Marijuana can withstand extreme temperatures however it will slow down it's chemical processes so a stable temperature of 68 °F | 20 °C is best. Under 57 °F | 14 °C the marijuana plants roots growth will slow down quickly so low temperature will give weak plants so don't put the pots directly on a cold floor, it will slow down root growth. Over 75 °F | 24 °C pests will have the perfect place to grow so keeping the temperature in the room stable will save you from a lot of trouble. When you have a 600 watts or more burning the room will heat up rapidly especially in summer so a fan might be needed. In winter with the lights on you might not need a fan but when the lights are off for twelve hours the temperature will drop quickly, so you can use a electric or gas heather with a thermostat to keep the temperature stable. If you use a fan don't let it blow to hard directly onto the plants, to much wind will keep the plant short and it will use it's energy to make a thick stem instead of wide branches

Hehe your a canny man, love the redistribution of heat from your other grow. :D

I'm not sure what part of the UK your in , but temps have dropped and seem to be staying in low single figures for at least the next week.

Currently in the South West it is 1oC day time temp going to around -2oC night time temp, with snow forecast for the later part of the week. Keep them babes wrapped up warm.

When I mentioned the hoist , I in no way meant you were incapable of getting water up to your loft lol ;) but climbing a ladder with a 10 kilo weight could be a bit of a pain. I was also wondering if you had a header tank in your loft, which you could draw water from, maybe using a small pump.

Welcome to the world young ladies :) Let hope your sister pops soon.

Have a good grow

Peace brother

Lams

yeah hope the hot air from other tent will heat that up a little ;)

Girls don't mind hot temps indeed but it's true that low temps really slow down the growth, or not so much the growth but the root growth! in soil you have the advantage to have the soil keeping a lot of warmth from the day so roots will take a little colder temp before beeing affected, but in hydro my understanding of the thing is that it is really important to have "warm" water for those girls, by warm i mean the usual 22° we see in most grows.

But anyway i know you won't let those girls die and give them much love and care ;)

So keep us updated :D

I agree with Dust on the heat of the water. I have bought myself a 50W Easy Heater, which is designed to heat up to 50 litres.

It is unbreakable (Not the case with many aquarium heaters), can be used horizontal as well as verticle, it has a thermal cut out and can be set from 18oC to 36oC.

The cost was around £22 and comes with a UK plug.

Smaller and larger sizes available.

Here's a link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/EL-AquaEL-Unbreakable-Aquarium-Submersible/dp/B004BLAPCM

If you look around the interweb you may find a better price

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys, I'll try to to redirection technique first then if that don't work I'll go for a heater, presumably I don't have to have that heater in reservoir, I could just hang in the air to warm overall temp?

Toaor

The aquarium heater I posted a link to, is for heating water, originally designed for aquariums but also good for heating water to the desired temp 22oC-24oC.

The fact that the aquarium heater is break proof,is very nice, as many are made with glass outers. I also like the fact that you can use it horizontally as this means you can use it in fairly shallow reservoirs .

It also has a thermal cut out should the heater be left high and dry if the nutrient level should drop too far.

When young warm roots really helps get the plants going, just as much as having the correct ambient air temp.

Have you thought about what type of heater to ues a small tube heater would do the job and are inexpensive.

Best to get one with an internal thermostat, although socket thermostats can be bought.

Something like this - http://www.getquick....CFfHJtAodPjkAwA

Socket thermostat - http://www.amazon.co..._8ck9g3lft8_b�� It is cheaper to buy a heater with a integral thermostat, but I thought I would post the link anyway.

Peace bro

Lams

Day 5 for 4 of them and Day 2 for 1 of them.

Hey Guys & Girls,

Just been up in loft to check on the girls and to see if the final seedling survived then night in the cold tent and she has so that's all good.

I put my thermometer in there yesterday and checked it today average temp at plant level is 20-23c, which is quite good. However, I know the roots and the nutrient reservoir are much, much colder probably around 15c.

I will attempt to redirect the air from my flower tent to the loft tent but is going to take me a bit of time so not attempting till the weekend.

Ultimately I'm not too worried about slow growth as my flowering Criticals and Fruit Spirit still have 4/5 weeks to go before they are ready and if I veg these in new hydro set up for that time they will be huge if all things were perfect!

My new secondhand pump I bought off Ebay arrived yesterday Maxi Jet 1000 so plenty of pressure not that I need it the loft girls are working well enough with just a tiny little Micro Jet 450 but I don't have any sprayer tips on the ends of the tubing just free flowing out of the ends, which all seems fine for now.

Only took the one pic today so here it is.

Toaor

post-6710-0-00947500-1358335576.jpg

PS: Got email from LED company fixing my other panel, it was sent out yesterday so should have it today. Bonus is they haven't charged me anything yet, they said it would £25 plus postage but not seen any invoice for payment. Maybe, because they took so damn long fixing it they're doing it for free, that would be good and it'll be nice for my flowering girls to get another panel in there, it'll raise heat for going into these loft girls.

• Like 2

well yeah i don't know if the sprayer are essential but seems fine that way too ^^ do you sometimes move the pipe to get water everywhere or let it like this all time? well for the moment i guess it doesn't need moving ^^ would be nice to see a pic when the water is flowing off pipe to see :)

Thanks for the news man good for you if you can benefit from the slow growth lol then everyone is happy ^^

Just a quick update, I got back my other 120w LED panel from repairers.

Well actually, it's not my light at all, it's another one with PRAKASA stamped on it, still 120W LED panel but not mine definitely.

The case is different, mine had ventilation grill on the end this one doesn't, it has different LED pattern and actually looks a bit brighter than the one in my tent now, it's the one on the right in these pics.

I'm not fussed that it's not my light, it works and has a bit more red than my old one, happy days.

Toaor

post-6710-0-29966000-1358421044.jpgpost-6710-0-55663700-1358421046.jpg

• Like 1

glad to hear it arrived, even if not the good like tok said with luck it might be a better one ^^

I guess you shall quick if you se an improvment or not.. or you won't see it perhpas lol

Good luck in any cases ;)

Day 10:

Hey Guys & Girls, hope you all had a good weekend.

They're still growing not much else to say at this stage they're on the small side probably due to cold roots, plant level is about 22c but below more like 10c, I don't really know but it's been cold here in the minus range at night, here's the pics.

Toaor

post-6710-0-15973200-1358771747.jpgpost-6710-0-76281300-1358771749.jpgpost-6710-0-88944600-1358771751.jpgpost-6710-0-57265100-1358771754.jpgpost-6710-0-71337900-1358771757.jpgpost-6710-0-23932500-1358771760.jpg

• Like 1