Liberty Haze grow

turksteelman

hi,

I got it wrong, your room has a low humidity, which I think does also reduce smell but I am not sure, Usually the ideal humidity is between 50 to 60%, but a low humidity should not be much of a bother.

Here is a link to Marijuana Botany , and his discussion about harvesting - unfortunately this copy has no pictures:

http://www.greenmans...ing of Cannabis

This book was a honors thesis at the uni of California. It is very detailed so if you scroll down the page you will come to the section called "Harvest Timing"; here the book discusses when to harvest.

I am going to upload today, so you can see how my plants are getting on.

all the best,

john

Hi,

I was cutting a bit about 5 days ago to thin out the bottoms of my girls. It has since dried and is in cure. I tried some a few minutes ago and even though the chlorophil is still present, it has a nice taste and a very cerebral high. I checked once again today and it seems all the trichs are still clear at day 75 flower. Go figure, hope they start moving to the cloudy stage asap. John, thanks for the link it was very helpful. Have a great day or night which probably depends on where you guys live. A few pics took today.

post-19859-0-43578400-1365863550.jpg

post-19859-0-37488600-1365863556.jpg

post-19859-0-26815400-1365863561.jpg

• Like 2

hi mate,

I think your plants are ready to harvest. You could leave them longer but they seem done to me. The pistils are not fertile anymore, the calyxes are swollen and they have that look about them. I really do not think you are going to gain much by leaving them any longer.

I realized a long time ago that the secret to high yields and large plants is light. I am lucky in that my home was built in the 1930s and the rooms are large and the ceilings high. With cool tubes, and a fan running air through them, this allows me to use a lot of light, but even with such a large room(12 feet by 14 feet with the ceiling at 12 feet) in summer I can still have problems with heat if I run all my lights(3,600 watts). My grow space is a section in the corner of the room. If the room was any smaller, then I would have to run an air conditioner, and that with the lights would run by power bill through the roof. As it stands I get my power cheap as I have a digital power meter, and of a night, the rate is much lower than during the peak periods of usage at certain times of the day.

happy harvest, my friend,

john

Well guys, its a done deal! When I woke up today and had you guys concurence that it was time I was as excited as I was as a kid on christmas! I took all the girls down today, trimmed them up and have them hanging. I have to go and get some clothes pins tomorrow to hang up the other branches that I have on the ground in the room. I have a huge batch of buds and leaves to make some bubble hash and that will be a blast also. I will send weights once they dry. Looks like a good harvest and I have learned so much from everyone this grow. Its sort of funny that feeling you get each time you get to harvest, you feel like you've really accomplished something. Thank you all very much! Here are some harvest day pictures. Best Regards!

post-19859-0-05172600-1365931476.jpg

post-19859-0-68970200-1365931479.jpg

• Like 7

Overall the buds dried way too fast, which is always a problem when you live in the desert. For next grow I will use a humidifier to slow it down. I may also consider leaving the whole plant to dry instead of just cutting off the branches and hanging them. I had them hanging with no fan on them for 2 days and then checked the humidity which was around 70%. So I then put them in paper bags for 2 days and now they are less than 30%!!! That sucks. Hope I didn't screw up the cure on this. Anyone know of a way to bring the humidity back up so I don't have to smoke crackly stuff? Bottom line, fun grow and appreciate all the help from everyone on the forum. I apparently lost it at the end and they dried out too fast. I will send a smoke report later as I have to go to work now. Thanks everyone.

hi man, i hope the smoke will still be good with the drying troubles, put in sealed jars and don't open them if it's too dry for some time and it will get a little humidity back, let it in the coldest place you have and hopefully it will be fine, i often fins also if you put in a ziper bag and keep it on yourself for a few hours it gains some humdity too, ...and you smell weed for a few hours :P :P

• Like 1

Thanks Dust, I put them in jars already and I put a huge bud in one of them with a meter. Hopefully the humidity will climb but it doesn't look like I'll have to burp the jars at all if the humidity stays low. I have noticed the buds are very light. Is this a trait of the haze? I'm used to tightly packed indica buds and this is anything but tightly packed. My other problem was running 10 of the under 1k light. Next time 3-4 and I bet I get a better yield with tighter buds.

• Like 1

I agree, I did the one hit test this morning. I try to just hit the bowl one time and see what kind of medicine it is. This is very soaring, a total head high where you can get lost in what you are doing. Totally different than the couch lock. I imagine as it cures it will only get better!

• Like 1

Update: This Liberty Haze will send you into orbit. It was like the 70's again tonight when we had around the sativas, the good acapulco gold or panama red. We started with the laughing stuff and couldn't quit. My sides hurt. I haven't found something like this in ages. Must be because most folks want to run no more than 60 days so they run the indicas and get them to the dispensaries. The smoke is very fruity, aromatic and smooth. Best regards

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Great read! I am also growing LH. I was hoping for a 8-9 week flower time as advertised, but I think I am in the same boat as you were. I am on day 70 and not an amber trichome in sight. After doing some research, it seems this LH has a 75-80 day flower time.

Did you have amber trichs when you harvested?

• Like 1

I have very few amber at harvest. Thankfully the folks on the forum helped me keep a good eye on them and helped me with my window by watching the calayx's and other things. I think John's grow went about 5 days longer than mine and his yield was great. Just search Liberty Haze and his grow should show up. Good luck with the harvest. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1