Liberty Haze grow

turksteelman

I've developed some leaves on the top quarter below the colas. Does this look like Mag/Cal deficiency? with only a couple more weeks to go is this something I should worry about?

Acid PH,

if the problem is beginning to emerge on a large leaf from middle of bush then it is almost a problem with PH

• Like 1

could be what ganjalover says :) and the PH problem would cause the problem in nute absorption so it sounds good ^^

tel us your watering values :) but like yu said you don't have much time to go now ^^

Hi my friend,

It could be acid ph, as that locks out magnesium. My Liberty Haze plants too have a magnesium deficiency. My ec at 1.6 is too low. It may just be that your plants need large amounts of magnesium and your ec may need to be a little higher.

What I would do is flush the plants, and then let them dry right out.

What is your ec level?

Use the boost on your ballast; it gives extra light, and should not degrade your bulb.

Your plants have around 2 weeks to finish.

Going by the pictures the calyxes are still not fully swollen

Are the trichs all fully raised? I never use the trichs alone to decide when to pick.

The buds will tell you when they are hard, when the calyxes are fully swollen and the pistils are brown with some falling off. I do watch the trichs, but it is only one thing I look at, as the plant is sending out new flowers all the time, and are in different stages of maturity.

When to pick is an art, but if you want a clear high then pick before all the pistils have turned brown(around 75% or so brown), but if you want a stoney, body effect then pick later when most of the pistils have fallen and the trichs are no longer clear but have turned yellowish.

Thank you for letting me know that Liberty haze does not have much smell. I have grown Pineapple Chunk a couple of times before and it too does not have much smell in full flower.

your buds are looking very delicious; they seem to still have some filling out to do- remember it is in the last 3 weeks that the buds gain most of their weight.

a great grow, my friend and happy harvest,

john

• Like 1

The craziest thing happened. Hurt my back and couldn't move. First time I ever had a back problem. This came at a bad time as my plants needed flushed and extra Cal/Mag added. I had to have a friend do it and I didn't have the time to tell him about checking the runoff as I was too wiped out on Oxycontin and a myriad of other drugs my doctor has me on. Hopefully, just a great flush at 6.2 PH and extra cal/mag at around 18 ml per gallon will do the trick. I usually use 10 ml per gallon. Gotta make it these last couple weeks!

See here's where I stand on getting these to harvest. I am at day 61 flower. Just flushed them on Tuesday with added cal/mag and watered with just RO water today, 1/2 gallon each plant. I am told from the looks of them, that about 2 more weeks would be in order. What suggestions are there to increase the max yield at the end? should I hit with nutrients one more time or is it too late to make a difference? Open to any suggestion.

if you plan on cuttting in 2 weeks i would stop feeding and start to give only water. Also what i like to do during my last weeks, is pull all the fan leaves and le only the small bud leaf, you could try it on 1 and see if you like it for next time ;)

• Like 1

Well its day 72 of flower for the Liberty Haze. Looks like things are really starting to swell on the calyxes. Most of the large buds have not yet began to have brown pistils. I know you can't be certain when they would be good to cut without actually being here but what would you say, another week or so?

post-19859-0-71863600-1365580003.jpg

post-19859-0-06633500-1365580009.jpg

• Like 2

Well its day 72 of flower for the Liberty Haze. Looks like things are really starting to swell on the calyxes. Most of the large buds have not yet began to have brown pistils. I know you can't be certain when they would be good to cut without actually being here but what would you say, another week or so?

they get all brow when u dry them. Look at the tichromes are the all milky...then few days and chop chop. Looking very nice.

PS. You got some bacteria on Pic no 2. I would chop her now just one for try...

Good Farmer.

Peace.

• Like 1

Hey man,

that looks really nice!!! last year i had some of the latest BF Seeds winners... Tangerine Dream, Vanilla Kush and Liberty Haze.

The last one was def. my favourite!! I dont know if u have already smoked it but you will love it.... its pretty strong and tasty!

keep it up ;)

peace

• Like 1

Unfortunately they are about 98% clear still. Is that really a bacteria? I thought it was just a mag/cal issue I had which caused lockout so they started to turn brown. It would be a bummer if it is because they all have the same issue.

I could be wrong. But... do u have some nice realy weed smell or is no smell of bud? Maybe to much moisture/High humidity.

Ps. Don't worry that nothing minor. Your buds looking good.

Peace

Hi my friend,

I know everyone goes by the trich. and when they turn milky, but when I started growing in about 20 years ago, the opinion then was that once the trichomes turned milky or yellowish then then buds had gone too long. At that time, the general opinion was that you picked when the trichomes were fully raised but still clear.

I watch the trichomes, but as long as they are all standing up and are full, I never worry if they are still clear..

You can always take some buds and dry them as a taste test.

My plants are smelling quite a bit, but it is nothing major.

I would leave your plants for a week or so before harvest.

all the best

and happy harvest,

john

hi john it is funny tht you mention this, cause not so long ago i myself came to a kind of conclusion on harvest times which is kind of similar but not so much about the potency of the plant it's more about the peak of taste. For me on girls harvested a little too early taste tends to be a lot more intense and last much longer, but it is also true that for full potency and people look mfor more heavy high etc the trichomes become more interesting :) And i have to admit that the gain of weight sometimes in between those 2 diferent stage is quite significant sooo.. it's tricky quesiton but here again it's more personall preferences i think :)

Hi guys, thanks for the input. John, as far as the smell goes, perhaps my allergies are too bad to notice! I am surprised by the lack of smell from my batch. I almost find it strange but now that I think about it, this is the first time I've run filtered with proper airflow. Maybe I'm changing the air out so often that the smell is greatly reduced. I hope you don't have issues with as I feel bad saying they don't smell much at all. Take care and I look forward to new updates on your grow.

hi dust and Turksteelman,

Do not feel bad my friend; the smell is not too bad, but I think you may have a high humidity in your room and that seems to effect smell.

With humidity there is not too much that can be done without running a humidifier which does cost a lot of power.

With harvest Dust, you are right, the longer the plants are left, the higher the yield. One can, however, achieve a high yield but pick a little earlier than is the standard today. Personally I think to leave the plants until the glands turn yellow is too long. I look at the plant overall, and that the trichomes are fully raised. There is a very good discussion of when to cut in Marijuana Botany , and it is an old book. You are right, however, it is a matter of personal preference.

Turksteelman, my plants are really coming ahead, and are quite tall now. I will upload in a day or two. The smell is not such a problem but there is a little more of it than with the pineapple chunk. I am happy with them though and the smell is a small problem. Compared to other strains, that really smell, it is nothing.

all the best to you all,

and happy harvest,

john

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I live in the desert and the humidity is currently 22% in the room. I have a meter that reads lo and hi and the the whole grow it stayed between 16% and 31%. The last month it has stayed around 22%. At the beginning of flower it rained a day so that would explain the 31%. Do you think that is too high? I just checked the trichs on a few of them and they are still all clear at day 74 flower however, they are standing straight up and have good trichs on them. John, I see that you mention in previous posts that you don't seem to mind harvesting while the trichs are still clear. I may have to end up doing this as I only have at the latest Monday to harvest or I will have to wait until next sunday to cut. I will try to find the Marijuana Botany book you mentioned but I won't have the benefit of its knowledge this round.

Best regards