Can someone please HELP identify whats going on here?!?

heathenshashoils710

I am not sure what is causing my water leaves to curl up and what not like that also they have a silvery color to them when they start to dry up starting at the serated edges and moving inwards. Also where the leaf connects to the stem it is like disintegrating. Also some new growth is showing black tips. I cropped all my undergrowth to allow for more air flow, but I am afraid that it won't solve the problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Much love

post-19147-0-35652300-1360616134.jpg

post-19147-0-36425900-1360616192.jpg

post-19147-0-28607700-1360616255.jpg

post-19147-0-17496800-1360616314.jpg

post-19147-0-98967000-1360616817.jpg

post-19147-0-55685200-1360616850.jpg

post-19147-0-99190800-1360616910.jpg

post-19147-0-56839400-1360616954.jpg

post-19147-0-95318400-1360617170.jpg

Your locked up bud, first signs i assume would have been that droop to the leaves saying something went wrong in the roots to shut down. Then the rest would have shown, the dry crusty twisted leaves is phos, and the funky coloured intervein stuff is locked up now.

I bet it you look at your roots they wont be nice n white anymore and maybe foamy sludge under the lid .

And as was asked also whats the water temp and ph/ec

• Like 1

shit! I flushed for two weeks before i upped my nutrients that totally sux! I only have a chemical ph test so i try to keep my ph around 6-6.4 so i can see what the level is. I havent been able to purchase an ec meter yet. Because i Don't have the ppm/ec meter I have just been changing out my res. every two weeks or so and have only been doing a quarter of the recommended nutrients during vegetative growth and bumped it up to half strength nutrients when i put them into flower a week and a half ago. If I dump my res and replace with RO water will that save them? Or have I killed my ladies? My big girl is starting to have beautiful little flowers and I would hate to lose her! I am using advanced nutrients GMB ph perfect base nutrients along with cal/mag. I go 5ml per gal. on my cal mag and also bumped my feed from quarter strength to half strength. I have been using these in a 1-1-1 ratio

about two weeks or so ago. I just continually added RO water to my res. for about two or three weeks before then to "flush" before I went out of town for four days and had to leave them basically unattended as my brother would stay at my house but refused to go in the room haha. Should I dump everything and just leave plain RO water for a week or so?

because my ph test kit only shows range between 6 and 8 and my Water is showing 6 does not mean it is 6 it could be lower. I just added a dose of ph up to both res. to try and get to 6.4 where I can see and measure my ph instead of thinking it is where it needs to be. The PH perfect line is supposed to keep your res w/i the ph range needed so i havent messed with it to much so I am guessing this is ph caused. waiting a bit to check my ph and adjust accordingly. Anyone know how long i should? Also I had to clip a male from the garden the other day and the roots are all entangled within the roots of my big female w/i the reservoir I dont want to go fishing through my roots trying to untangle them and damage my female, i it ok just to leave the roots and stalk in the unit? Or can I cut the roots from the basket the male was in and just let them stay in the res while i remove whats left of the stalk and the root ball w/i the basket? Or should i go rooting through the roots and try and untangle them?

well i'm a soil grower so i prefer not give you wrong advice on how to solve hydro problems quickly, i'm not sure giving only RO water would solve the problem, one of the hunter will tell you that better than me :) For the root i'm not sure it advised to keep them if the plant is dead, unless you manage to keep them alive in some way maybe ^^

Good luck man

• Like 1

ok to start with your oh is way way to hi. thats your problem right there..hydro is down at 5.5 to 5.8 ish. best tip...toss the liquid ph test kt. tey are for swimmng pools with clear water. not for growing plants and using colored nutes. will never get a true reading, those have been the death of so many poor guys grows. i wished they wouldnt even sell the shit in the hydro shops.

only giving 1/4 food for the veg is another reason they are deff. you need proper tools to run hydro...a framer wont go try to build a home without his hammer...

sorry to hear fat mike gotcha on his so called ph perfect...not so perfect is it...lol..sorry had to laugh at his product, if we could remove the human factor then maybe...maybe it would be ph perfect, its why ph messes up in the first lace...it wasnt the foods fault. its always us.

wow read next posts...bit of a mess going on dood...before you do anything you need to see if you have disease. you can run water till the end of the world but if its diseased it wont do anything. and you room temps 68?...way way way to cold..thats not above your plant sis it?. its got to be outter room air

get in there and look vat the roots, tey have to be pure white or you need to run h2o2 to kill the pathogens before you can do anything...if they come back now..not sure how long tis has been but seems like a while now from hw im reading this

Aloha Heathenhashoils & Dust, Here is a good guideline to follow concerning plant nutrition problems with pictures and a easy to follow key. As you make progress with hydroponic system growing skills things tend to become less of a mystery.

http://michmedicalmarijuanagrowersclub.lefora.com/2012/01/04/plant-deficiency-chart-with-pictures/

about two weeks or so ago. I just continually added RO water to my res. for about two or three weeks before then to "flush" before I went out of town for four days and had to leave them basically unattended as my brother would stay at my house but refused to go in the room haha. Should I dump everything and just leave plain RO water for a week or so?

Aloha Heathenshashoils, The usual time between complete nutrient changes is about a week depending on the size of the system and the nutrient demand of the plants. In future grows it is better to have one plant per container when growing seedlings so you do not have to worry about separating die back roots from culled males from the female plants.
  • Like 1

Hi my friend,

Your plants are burnt badly. This could be through an overdose of plant hormones, as I have seen this before and it was caused by using two incompatible nutrients from the same company.

Check your roots for any sign of disease.

With the old roots from the male, they will break down harmlessly.

good luck with it,

john

• Like 1

if i run h2o2 through my res to kill infection what is the proper solution?

To run a sterile rez or hydroponics system use 5 to 20 PPM of hydrogen Peroxide, or bleach at 1 PPM (cheaper) that would be 1 ml of bleach in 8 gallons of water. Be aware that putting more in the rez be it nutrients, bloom boosters, growth hormones, H2O2, bleach, in excess will often give you less overall production, not more.

So this is what I have done to try and remedy the situation, if anyone thinks that I may need to try another route please don't hesitate to speak up.First thing I did was make a trip to the grow store. I picked up a ph pen, and some flush. I came home and ran the flush through both res for two hours. I drained both my res. and wiped them out with hydrogen peroxide, Then I Refilled them with RO water, I upped my nutrients to the recommended dose on the bottle. I ran 5ml per gal of cal/mag and 4ml per L of the advanced nutrients GMB Ph "not so perfect" base nutrients. Also I cut out the old root ball as far into the tangle of the other one as i could w/o damaging the roots of the other plant. So now I am down to two ladies, two weeks into flowering each in its own 18 gal. res. I just checked the Ph and am at 5.7 on one res and was at 6 on the other so i ph down some and will test again shortly. Between 5.5-5.8 is where you want to be in DWC? Thanks for your thoughts!

So this is what I have done to try and remedy the situation, if anyone thinks that I may need to try another route please don't hesitate to speak up.First thing I did was make a trip to the grow store. I picked up a ph pen, and some flush. I came home and ran the flush through both res for two hours. I drained both my res. and wiped them out with hydrogen peroxide, Then I Refilled them with RO water, I upped my nutrients to the recommended dose on the bottle. I ran 5ml per gal of cal/mag and 4ml per L of the advanced nutrients GMB Ph "not so perfect" base nutrients. Also I cut out the old root ball as far into the tangle of the other one as i could w/o damaging the roots of the other plant. So now I am down to two ladies, two weeks into flowering each in its own 18 gal. res. I just checked the Ph and am at 5.7 on one res and was at 6 on the other so i ph down some and will test again shortly. Between 5.5-5.8 is where you want to be in DWC? Thanks for your thoughts!

Aloha, I would reduce the 4 ml per liter AN nutes by 50% to 2 ml per liter because it is far easier to add a little more than take it back after your plants suffer nutrient overload. The pH is good the EC or PPM using ANs targets have proved to be too high for other growers here on Strainhunters. If you had an EC or PPM meter it would be far easier to monitor what is going on.
  • Like 1

believe me i know about the ppm/ec meter. I was gonna grab one yesterday but was about 90 short on being able to afford one so i had to just opt for a 90$ ph pen for now. At this point I just want them to make it to finish, I doubt there will be any kind of huge yield or that my flowers will be as good as i like, but i'm like 1200 into the project and would like to get at least an ounce or two. So I had to make the call to have something much better than what i did have but could not afford the ec/ppm. Which is what i would have liked to have had. So with bumping my nutrients up from half strength to whole was probably a bad idea i'm guessing... Should I just flush again and start over what I did last night?

believe me i know about the ppm/ec meter. I was gonna grab one yesterday but was about 90 short on being able to afford one so i had to just opt for a 90$ ph pen for now. At this point I just want them to make it to finish, I doubt there will be any kind of huge yield or that my flowers will be as good as i like, but i'm like 1200 into the project and would like to get at least an ounce or two. So I had to make the call to have something much better than what i did have but could not afford the ec/ppm. Which is what i would have liked to have had. So with bumping my nutrients up from half strength to whole was probably a bad idea i'm guessing... Should I just flush again and start over what I did last night?

Aloha heathenhashoils, What I would do is drain each unit to 50% capacity. Then add about 8 or 9 gallons of water to each unit of water to reduce the nutrient concentration, then check the pH. The 18 gallons of nutrients you drain can be used at a diluted rate to refill for about a week. Then it can be used for outdoor plants in the garden.
  • Like 1

bud id just keep doing what you where doing. you have a real pen now. its was obvious it was all because of the cheepo pool ph tester. didnt even go below 6 so you never had right ph ever. cant if it didnt go to the 5`s. youll be fine now you can see what the proper and real ph is. that was impossible before nomatter what as the liquid ph kits cant be used properly with coloured nutes...you cant add colours together and get the true ph reading the drops relate to, they only work...and only work so so in plain water.

as long as you keep the ph between 5.,5 and 5.9 ish youll be fine.