Can Someone Explain Flushing With Hydro Drip? I have 3 or 4 Questions

Guest Gitve

Guest GetinthevanE

Can someone explain flushing with hydro drip please?

(Please read below before answering as im trying to answer my own questions LOL)

My nuits are only GHPF (powderfeed) I LIKE SIMPLE

Im looking to flush 2-3 time during the grow ( i really want to have non chemical,salt build up bud )

What i would like to know.... How to flush while still growing (mid flower) , And the final flush ?

During mid flower do i just not feed them any water and let them use whats left of the nuits in the reservoir say for a 5 days then just go back to my normal nuit feed again ? or could i add flushing solution aswell ?

OR do i have to clean my reservoir out totaly and refresh with new water and only water for the duration of the flush OR do i still flush with nuits (GHPF) during mid flower on a much lower level ?

I know that when it comes to the final few weeks of flower i should reduce my nuit level and let them take the rest of the nuits in the res then flush with just water till harvest, i think ?

Can i use flushing solution during mid flower flush and the final flush?

I think im starting to confuse my self abit, when its probs very simple im sure...

AND if any one knows the correct ph and EC of flushing that would be handy

Would love some input right now guys

yes you will find lots of info on growHD it' true ^^.

what is the medium with your driping system? clayballs, coco, rockwool? something else ^^

Unducthed, have you been doing it this way for long? usually the common "rule" would say to flush with an ec more around 1,1-1,2, but i can imagine that in full flowering they will not mind flushing with 1,5 EC and PH 5,5 sounds good to me if it's regular hydro :)

• Like 1

yes you will find lots of info on growHD it' true ^^.

what is the medium with your driping system? clayballs, coco, rockwool? something else ^^

Unducthed, have you been doing it this way for long? usually the common "rule" would say to flush with an ec more around 1,1-1,2, but i can imagine that in full flowering they will not mind flushing with 1,5 EC and PH 5,5 sounds good to me if it's regular hydro :)

true I forgot to mention it's when flowering I don't flush during vedging, if my seedlings don't die from my stupidity
  • Like 1

Guest GetinthevanE

thanks for the reply guys big up!

i have only been using rockwool and clay pebbles

also if anyone can link me to a good demo and explanation on grow hd ?

theres alot of vids to look through and just havnt got the time atm

Guest GetinthevanE

okay thanks @dust i know your not hydro so big up!

when flushing and they have used up the rest of the nuits do i still leave my pump on and let them feed just water OR let them starv and pump off ?

okay thanks @dust i know your not hydro so big up!

when flushing and they have used up the rest of the nuits do i still leave my pump on and let them feed just water OR let them starv and pump off ?

With Hydro the only time the pomp is off is when you change the reservoir with the Nuts in so why do you ask? Or do you have period or several that the plants receive water from the pomp? Maybe it's the question, you flush with a solution that's milder on the ec and ph value compared to the 1 your using in your growth scedual and your plants will tell you when they need something else if you are feeding constantly why would you stop during flushing. You use a milder solution to have the buildupp within the plant reduce and medium reduces to a tasty level if you know what I mean. It's like when your fat and dont eat for a while or eat much less your going to use your fat first to get on in the beginning it will look good but after a while!. And when your plant tells you it needs more it starts with it's leaves you go back to normal feeding scedual and then your plants are flushed.

Guest GetinthevanE

well in the GH vids arjan says the plant is really light weight (picks it up) how has he achived this ? by not feeding or watering ?

how often a grow do i have to empty my reservoir ?

Big up

well in the GH vids arjan says the plant is really light weight (picks it up) how has he achived this ? by not feeding or watering ?

how often a grow do i have to empty my reservoir ?

Big up

I believe in those vids he is using soil, but he does never lift them when growing hydro if i'm right but what sytem do you use is it a tank or dripping, when dripping it's possible but I would not go @it that way!

no they are not using soil, well they do but only as comparison to hydro, so when they do they say it. in most videos they use hydro but hand watered, so i guess even with drippers a few hours without water wouldn't hurt, but i don't know if it something that is done in hydro normally.

the videos they use rockwool Flakes in the pots ;)

Guest GetinthevanE

okay what i mean by light weight the plant is surly dry, So if i was not to feed/water my plants in hyro drip for 3-5 days and let them dry during the early stages of flower flushes are they going to die or damage them?

and its just a wilma 4 bucket system

no they are not using soil, well they do but only as comparison to hydro, so when they do they say it. in most videos they use hydro but hand watered, so i guess even with drippers a few hours without water wouldn't hurt, but i don't know if it something that is done in hydro normally.

the videos they use rockwool Flakes in the pots ;)

We are trying to help but you don't tell us what we need to know to provide you with the right answer! I'm doing 1 more and after that I'm off away from this conversation.

Dude it's getting annoying to my likings, what hydro system are you using, are the roots in rockwool or are they hanging in a basket with water? This is both hydro, among others!

Don't be so impulsive man ;) He told you all this already it's wilma pots with drippers and rockwool/clay pebbels.. ;)

Getinthevan, i don't think you will have to wait for 4 5 days of dry like i told you above, only few hours of dry cycle should be best with those pots but i'm not sure..try to find a member using those pots

Guest GetinthevanE

Thank you @dust Big up! thats all i needed to know , i thought days would be abit long but was worth a ask. hours seems more legit

@undutched sorry but im not a total pro on all hyrdo systems and there correct terminologys, i dont see how i havnt given enough iinfo to understand the question.

To be honest I don't see how you could not get this info from the video, he lifts the spacy bucket and tells you what he has done, this means the answer is yes he dries them for 5 days and starts watering again after he has stopped doing that for 5 days!

Don't be so impulsive man ;) He told you all this already it's wilma pots with drippers and rockwool/clay pebbels.. ;)

Getinthevan, i don't think you will have to wait for 4 5 days of dry like i told you above, only few hours of dry cycle should be best with those pots but i'm not sure..try to find a member using those pots

sorry true I must not answer when I feel like writing something like that! And your right sorry mate @GetinthevanE I've seen some of the vids and to be honest if thats the kind off flushing you are planning on doing I would be very sure of my growing room before even thinking about it! Your on a similar system, when you are confident about your growroom then go about it as they do! When your growing room is in optimal conditions your plants even finish earlier by doing it that way! So Arjan means dry when he says dry them out, no watering for 5 days!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello GetinthevanE I run DWC setup which is similar to the questions you ask and I have done extensive research and development of my own on flushing and the best combo with smooth salt and chemical free bud is final phase from advanced nutrients for 7 to 10 days before harvest.... No nutes no ph balance just water and the final phase and for the last week you just add plain water to the res.

I get smooth amazing smoke and it is as simple as can be ...I will be finishing some plants in the coming weeks so if you'd like to watch and gather info your more then welcome to...hope this helps happy flushings lol :)

• 8 months later...

NO amico , quello che si dice nel video non vale per il tuo sistema ! In sistema DWC devi fare il lavaggio ogni 10 giorni con ec 0.9-1,1 e lasciare asciugare le radici per pochi minuti 30-40 ,dopo aver fatto questo puoi riprendere con l'alimentazione normale come sempre . Nel video Arjan usa rockwool-flakes che è un sistema molto diverso dal tuo . AUGURI UOMO !!!!

• 2 months later...